• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, it doesn't look like any badges or achievements. Just a bunch of Halloween/horror themed games on sale (looks like about 80-90 games total).

The Halloween sale is never as big as the Summer/Christmas ones.

Fair enough, will still spend lots of money. I just hope bioshock 2 will play fine, bio shock 1 freezes at the main menu and I can't find a fix.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I never understood the hate for FEAR 2. The AI is definitely better in FEAR 1, but I prefer the mission variety in FEAR 2 instead of every level taking place in a boring office building.
Me neither. I love the game, even though it literally fried my shiny brand new graphics card 3 years ago.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
The Club is on PC? I had no idea. It's gotta be worth the $2.50. I like shooting shit and the score attack structure seems fun.

This would have been a great time for an Off the Record sale, btw...

Any opinions on Vampire: Bloodlines, Penumbra collection and Dracula Origin?

All great games. Dracula Oirigin is a great point and click; Penumbra is the first game(s) from Amnesia developers, and Bloodlines, well, GAF loves Bloodlines (and so do I, amazing RPG).

People should also check out Sherlock Holmes The Awakened/Last Testament/Vs The Ripper, Alter Ego, Dark Fall Lost Souls, Scratches, Anna and The Next Big Thing.

All great games. Dracula Oirigin is a great point and click; Penumbra is the first game(s) from Amnesia developers, and Bloodlines, well, GAF loves Bloodlines (and so do I, amazing RPG).

Thanks man. Will probably get them all tomorrow (or I'll just remove the Dracula game, as I don't really like point & clicks).

drizzle

Axel Hertz
They're completely different beasts, so it's hard to compare

I've never been a huge fan of the stressful time-management aspect of the DR games personally

Again why Off the Record is a better experience: It has a time limitless, sandboxy game mode, where you can roam the locations without a time limit and just wreak havoc.

As I already said 3 times in this thread, so I think I'll stop saying for now: Wait for the Xmas Sale and buy OTR instead. It was 10 bucks back in July and it will certainly be on sale coming xmas.

Edit: However, I don't think Dead Rising 2 doesn't have its qualities. It's a new protagonist with a new story. I just think 7,50 is not a value proposition when Off The Record is a more complete experience. I'd wait for a lower price point (which won't ever happen anytime soon, but hey).

I think playing both back-to-back would be too excruciating, so I personally rather play the more complete one (OTR) and MAYBE buy the other one for completion sake down the road.

ArjanN

Great to see Condemned on Steam finally. Definately one of my favourite horror games ever.

Bayonetta was made on a PC first, but a particular spec of PC. To get it to work with a wide range of GPUs and operating systems is no small task.

Well, yeah, it would probably need optimisation, and specific PC menus, KB+mouse support, additional testing and so on, but even then it seems like a majority of the work would already be done.

Is Fear 1 and Home any good?

The first FEAR has one of the most satisfying shooting mechanics that I have ever experienced in a game. The environments get a little same-y the longer you play, but I think this is definitely a game where it's strengths completely overshadow its weaknesses.

kswiston

It was on sale on Amazon for $4.99 the other day :)

Ya, for less than 24 hours. It wasn't up Friday morning and when I went to purchase it on Sat morning it was back to full price. Oh well. The game will be $5 again somewhere within the next 6 months. I am in not huge rush.

Just read this on the Dead Rising 2: OTR page:
Notice: Capcom requires that this game will not install or update when connecting from an IP address attributed to Germany.
Yeah Capcpom, fuck you too. Ridiculous.
EDIT: Actually not Capcom's fault, but Germany's. Still stupid. :(

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Just read this on the Dead Rising 2: OTR page:

Yeah Capcpom, fuck you too. Ridiculous.

So you can get locked out of games you own on Steam too. Sad, sad. Someone gifts it to me and I wouldnt even be able to play it? Ugh.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
The original FEAR is a fine FPS.
This man is underrating the game.

And I should really stop praising it so much, I feel like those obnoxious fanboys that everyone despises. Here's the deal: if everyone buys it, I'll stop praising it everywhere.

Until the next time it's on sale.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Small shoutout for a recommended deal throughout the halloween sale:

Dungeons
ss_19a16e7eb4c4bbbc5413c191ab897562cd5dceaf.1920x1080.jpg
75% off of the Dungeon games.
Costing 7,50€ here for the gold pack, including both games and the dlc.
Individually $4.99 for Dark Lord, Dungeons $3.74. I recommend getting Dungeons 1 + DLC packs if you dont feel like buying both. Tons of content and quite original. Click the OT for more info.

Click here for the OT:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=482175

It's actually Germany's censorship laws to blame for this, but go ahead and say fuck you to Capcom.

Alright, I have to take that back. This game is actually on "Liste B", which makes the game illegal in Germany. Didn't know that. So fuck you, Germany. I don't need a a babysitter to tell me what I'm allowed to play.

Is there anything special to know about this sale? Like wait til X?

Its not as big as the summer or winter sales and it doesn't look like they are doing anything other then "these games are 50-75% off during this date range. So it seems pretty safe to day these will be the prices going forward for the rest of the sale.

vitacola

Alright, I have to take that back. This game is actually on "Liste B", which makes the game illegal in Germany. Didn't know that. So fuck you, Germany. I don't need a a babysitter to tell me what I'm allowed to play.
Nah, not really. If it was seized it would be illegal to sell it in Germany. Like Condemned.

So, how much is Condemned anyway? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom