• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are people's thoughts on Lone Survivor. I still haven't picked it up and am wondering if it's worth worrying about?

It's alright if your into it based on pictures and a basic understanding of the game.

I never finished it but played about 3 hours, pretty good, pretty unique.

My problem was that I couldn't actually see the game, literally, that style is hard to see.

I got sick of squinting.

ShaneB

Yeah, I'll buy now on sale and just wait until then. Only reason I ask is because I'm stuck away from home due to all the flights being canceled during the big hurricane here in America, so I only have this laptop =[

I played FO3 on my old laptop. It was an intel core i3 with hd integrated graphics. It definitely wasn't perfect, but it ran fine enough for me to put in 55 hours or so into it.

Nabs

They Bleed Pixels is a pretty good game. I really enjoyed the first two or so chapters. It has a great checkpoint system (you earn it and decide when to use it), and a cool combo system. The platforming is done right, and the wall slide/jump feels great. The game gets really tough towards the end (saws...), but it's still recommended. $3.39 is a great price.

Croc

Banned
try clearing any invites you may have received.
i have that problem too

Hm that didn't get rid of anything. And in the process a friend IM'ed me and it showed his message preview in the corner but when I clicked the Steam icon his message didn't pop up. I had to double click his name again for me to read it.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Who wouldn't?

Well someone offered but I couldn't accept, I feel bad when I probably wouldn't play it for a while, lol

I played a quick game of Primal Carnage. Just played some standard DM mode. Uhh, it's interesting. Movement is weird though, when you sprint you cant strafe left or right. But uh, I dont know if I can recommend it yet

LQX

What are people's thoughts on Lone Survivor. I still haven't picked it up and am wondering if it's worth worrying about?
Tried to play it but could not get past the terrible controls. Amazing a game like that could be made in 2012. The worse controls ever.

Ketch

I keep getting the same update from Oct 23rd about DLC compatibility... It says a new update is available, do you want to restart steam to apply the update? This is like the 3rd time I've said yes to it.

jediyoshi

I keep getting the same update from Oct 23rd about DLC compatibility... It says a new update is available, do you want to restart steam to apply the update? This is like the 3rd time I've said yes to it.

If you're on the Steam beta and it's telling you to update, it's because they don't update the changelog for those, they just repeat showing the changelogs for the proper nonbeta version.

Blizzard

Banned
I half wanted to buy Condemned as a vote for Bayonetta, but I don't like scary games. :( I didn't even make it through Penumbra Overture. Half-Life 2 and Bioshock are also pretty much too scary! Plus jump scares are probably the worst and I might have heart problems or something.

Ketch

If you're on the Steam beta and it's telling you to update, it's because they don't update the changelog for those, they just repeat showing the changelogs for the proper nonbeta version.

If I leave the beta will I get better performance from steam and/or steam games?

Nabs

10 hours? lol l2p.

I half wanted to buy Condemned as a vote for Bayonetta, but I don't like scary games. :( I didn't even make it through Penumbra Overture. Half-Life 2 and Bioshock are also pretty much too scary! Plus jump scares are probably the worst and I might have heart problems or something.

I hate jump scares and all that shit, but I think I'mma do it. I need something to play right now.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
10 hours? lol l2p.

I hate jump scares and all that shit, but I think I'mma do it. I need something to play right now.

Condemned is less about jump scares and more about an all encompassing feeling of ever present pant shitting terror.

Not that there aren't some fucking *doozy's* when it comes to jump scares.

Anyone notice how brilliant the AI is on Condemned? I saw an enemy by a little behind a wall and went to find him and then i check the other side and he is after me. sometimes it changes too. the combat is exciting and every encounter feels like you are fighting for your life.

Salsa

CE3B050230E494D956415B033C70BEA931640504

this game is easy man, you guys be whack

Salsa

k there drake sword

that's totes legit BRO

also to be fair the dragon's pattern was pretty easy to figure out, another sword would have just taken a bit more time

I do say that half-jokingly half serious tho, the game isnt' really that hard at all if you got patience. Hardest enemy is yourself kinda thing

VALIS

If a game is Steam Cloud enabled, is that a guarantee your game saves transfer over multiple installs, or could that just be preferences/options/other junk? Wanna go lie down in bed w/my wife and dog and keep playing Mark of the Ninja on my laptop 'cuz the game is shit hot and I don't want to stop, but only if my progress will transfer over.

If a game is Steam Cloud enabled, is that a guarantee your game saves transfer over multiple installs, or could that just be preferences/options/other junk? Wanna go lie down in bed w/my wife and dog and keep playing Mark of the Ninja on my laptop 'cuz the game is shit hot and I don't want to stop, but only if my progress will transfer over.

Not guaranteed. Sometimes only settings go into the cloud.

Beat Mutant Blobs Attack, again. I still enjoyed the game but it was a little more frustrating playing it on the PC than it was on the Vita. Using a controller makes the game both easier and harder. The mini-games are a total breeze using a controller versus tilting the Vita but for the telekinesis mechanics if you're using a controller you have to use the mouse. It's just clunky. on parts where there were lots of telekinesis puzzles I just switched to mouse and keyboard rather than juggle a controller and a mouse.

Also the game is super-short, it's 3 hours long. I'd argue the current sale price is about what it's worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom