• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just beat the Argul's Tomb DLC in Darksiders II - it was pretty good for $1.50 =D

Thanks, GMG! Now I await the Abyssal Forge DLC. When does Steam usually update with DLC content that's supposed to release?

0D15041CD57AFA370D645845A9207716C71AAD3F

Condemned looks alright in broad strokes but if you get too close to almost anything, it's just this blurry smear that doesn't hold up.

Edit: Ha, looks like something weird went on with their automated performance settings detection, everything was set to Maximum except textures.

Better-ish, I guess.

B31765CD4DFE12E8541C76702422581130CC3A12

I am not in the US. Is it a Steam code?

For those of us not in the US here is a basic rundown of what you can do to get Plants vs zombies through this deal.

1. Go to www.texasproxy.com and copy this address into the box https://shop.popcap.com/zombiemouth/redeem <---- copy this
2. wait for ages
3. enter a birthday and wait for ages again
4. enter email address and use the code PEAH8R
5. follow the instructions in the email to complete the process (download the trial then register with a code they give you in the email.)

edit: sorry this isn't steam related. I will post it in the free to a good home thread.

For those of us not in the US here is a basic rundown of what you can do to get Plants vs zombies through this deal.

1. Go to www.texasproxy.com and copy this address into the box https://shop.popcap.com/zombiemouth/redeem <---- copy this
2. wait for ages
5. follow the instructions in the email to complete the process (download the trial then register with a code they give you in the email.)

edit: sorry this isn't steam related. I will post it in the free to a good home thread.

Thank you for the heads up bro!

D3RANG3D

2. wait for ages

Thanks!

Tomodachi

You can get Walking Dead on steam cheaper through gamersgate.co.uk right now.
Do you know if Yesterday bought on gamersgate activates on Steam? It just says "Other DRM" while The Walking Dead explicitly says "DRM: Steam".

EDIT: oh a sleeping dogs update. here's hoping this includes a fix for the incredible stuttering and camera shaking which have made impossible for me to play the game.

So.....
Tried to launch Vampire: The Masquerade and it tells me that it failed to find Steam.

Huh.

Restarted Steam and tried again...

Now it's telling me my available memory is less than 15 MB!!!!!! -1

...right.
This is definitely a Troika game.

JustinBB7

So.....
Tried to launch Vampire: The Masquerade and it tells me that it failed to find Steam.

Huh.

Restarted Steam and tried again...

Now it's telling me my available memory is less than 15 MB!!!!!! -1

...right.
This is definitely a Troika game.

You need a mod to even run it check the Gaf topic on it, it's worth it, one of my fav games.

Talyn

You need a mod to run the game? The fuck?
You don't need the patch to run it actually. Set compatibility mode to Windows XP SP3 and then try it. Should fix the memory error. The reason almost everyone recommends the unofficial patch is because it fixes a ton of bugs, adds widescreen support and restored/tweaked content if you use the plus version instead of the basic.

Tess3ract

Banned
that's totes legit BRO

also to be fair the dragon's pattern was pretty easy to figure out, another sword would have just taken a bit more time

I do say that half-jokingly half serious tho, the game isnt' really that hard at all if you got patience. Hardest enemy is yourself kinda thing
I have 0% patience lol

Joe Molotov

Fired up Prototype 2 and it immediately crashed to desktop. Went to SPUF for halp, read through about a dozen threads, tried several different things, finally figured out that if you have a Logitech USB headset plugged in (as well certain USB keyboards) the game crashes. Unplugging my Logitech headset and it worked. This is a known issue since June, but of course, it's never been patched. I don't know why bullshit like this even surprises me, but when it turns out that your KEYBOARD might not be compatible with a 2012 PC game, it still kinda does. GG Activision.

Tess3ract

Banned
for VTM:B you NEED the unofficial patch.

I mean you could...technically. But I'm not giving you an option. It fixes any and almost all problems you might have with the game. Trokia will never update it.

Derrick01

Banned
Don't tempt me, devil.

Any DLC plans announced?

I haven't heard anything for post-release.

Wasn't it thirty something on GMG? $40 doesn't seem that great.

No one seems sure if GMG is going to do these huge coupons anymore. They seem to have transitioned to an option system where you can get a small amount of cash back instantly or $10 credit post release like how Amazon does it for a lot of games. I think they have Hitman for $45 right now with a $10 credit option, but this is cheaper up front on Amazon.

At the very least you can lock your order in on Amazon since they don't charge you until the download's available and if GMG does offer a 25% code you can cancel the Amazon order and get it from GMG for $33.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom