• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

factorone

Neo Member
Quote which game you want:

Desura:
Omegalodon

Steam:
Majesty 2 - taken
East India Company - taken
Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition - taken
Knights of Honor
Hearts Of Iron II - taken
Elven Legacy - taken
The Kings' Crusade - taken

Knights of Honor? edit: beaten

double edit: cheddahz ended up giving me his. thanks!

You know what makes me scared? What direction will Valve go when Gabe really passes? Or even retires? Makes me wonder what will happen to my games.

You know what makes me scared? What direction will Valve go when Gabe really passes? Or even retires? Makes me wonder what will happen to my games.

Your games will become white doves which will fly out of your monitor into the sky forming the words:
The other half of the life starts now.
And you will have tears in your eyes.

Symphonic

Question about using Dolphin and Steam. I got the bat file all set up and made into an exe and it runs fine, but whenever I run it from Steam it disregards my resolution settings in Dolphin. How do I get it to run fullscreen and at whatever resolution I want (and widescreen) from the bat file?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I finally started Bioshock, after several years of wanting to play it. The atmosphere is really nice, I love that futuristic 60's vibe and the backstory of the city, but the gameplay feels rather bad. I'm not liking the shooting at all, and the game doesn't seem to be very fun to play. I hope it gets better, as everything but the gameplay seems top tier, and I really want to like it.

Narag

I finally started Bioshock, after several years of wanting to play it. The atmosphere is really nice, I love that futuristic 60's vibe and the backstory of the city, but the gameplay feels rather bad. I'm not liking the shooting at all, and the game doesn't seem to be very fun to play. I hope it gets better, as everything but the gameplay seems top tier, and I really want to like it.

It picks up for a while after you've snagged some plasmids, upgraded/found weapons, and play with the alternate ammo.

You should set up a stream of you playing Amnesia on NeoGAFs Twitch channel. With audio of you playing.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
You should set up a stream of you playing Amnesia on NeoGAFs Twitch channel. With audio of you playing.
I need to buy a mic, but that's a great idea. I won't play the game anymore until I'm able to do a streaming of it. Should I start it again, or continue the playthrough I started yesterday? (I'm less than 1:30 in, I think).

ArjanN

No, that sounds about right for Bioshock.

Shameless self promotion, but there's a new site on the block for Steam coverage. It's SteamGameFans.com. It's part of the Involved Fans Network. Given that there aren't a lot of websites that focus solely on Steam, I thought I'd throw it out there to you guys. Tell us what you think!

HoosTrax

Shameless self promotion, but there's a new site on the block for Steam coverage. It's SteamGameFans.com. It's part of the Involved Fans Network. Given that there aren't a lot of websites that focus solely on Steam, I thought I'd throw it out there to you guys. Tell us what you think!
Seems pretty light on original content right now. There's a lot of aggregated content culled from other sources that I'm sure a lot of your potential audience already have bookmarked, so that's the kind of thing I have to mentally filter out in order to see original content.

Penny Arcade Report is guilty of that too, but they put aggregated content in a little section on the upper right ("The Cut"), and most of the remaining real estate is devoted to their own content.

I guess there might be this argument where taking content from other sites that is specifically relevant to Steam is a convenience by having it all in one place, but for me, I visit Eurogamer, RPS, PCG multiple times a day anyway.

Adnor

Banned

I started playing Bioshock as well because a friend of mine give it to me, but I think I have a problem with the physics, it's like every time I throw something the framerate drops, but it doesn't really drop, I don't know, it feels janky as hell.

I started playing Bioshock as well because a friend of mine give it to me, but I think I have a problem with the physics, it's like every time I throw something the framerate drops, but it doesn't really drop, I don't know, it feels janky as hell.
I thinks that's cause the physics are looked at 30 fps. The Bioshock PC ports haven't been that great, hopefully Infinite changes that.

Seems pretty light on original content right now. There's a lot of aggregated content culled from other sources that I'm sure a lot of your potential audience already have bookmarked, so that's the kind of thing I have to mentally filter out in order to see original content.

Yeah, we JUST launched this past week. There will be plenty more original content coming soon and in the future. Our sister site XBLA Fans is one of the larger, more reliable sources for XBLA news on the net so we hope to get things rolling quickly.

Nymerio

Wow thanks, I almost felt bad because everybody keeps pimping the game and I just couldn't get into it like everybody else seems. I love the style and atmosphere but there was just something about the gameplay that didn't click with me.

Wok

"Responsive and well-tuned, with one unique mechanic that makes it interesting."

Really, that quote can be taken both as a good thing or bad. The actual article on it is neither here nor there too.
Looks interesting though. Will keep an eye out.

Sugar Cube is a puzzle-platformer with 5 worlds, each composed of 17 short levels and a boss. It is 2 to 3 hours long. There are two dimensions, and the passage from one to another is done either locally around the main character, either with a switch. Some people said it is frustrating, but I did not find it frustrating due to the fact the levels are short. What I really dislike about the game is the audio. There are some nice additions, but each is only used on a few levels: portals, sticky walls, rolling carpets, frozen floors, levitating bubbles, levels without being able to jump, translation of one of the two dimensions, use of a symmetric vertical axis, character smaller of bigger depending on the amount of sugar and water which he touched.

Looks cool. I couldn't seem to find the store page for it though.

Same for me. We have to trust the devs on Twitter.

DagsJT

Amazon provides Steam keys, right ? Since it's for US customers only, is there anyone who can buy it for me ? Will Paypal the money in advance of course :)

All Steam keys. You can just put in a US billing address and buy with your normal UK card, works fine.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I suppose it's too late to sell things to get Lego games...

...I don't have a problem...

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
It is fantastic, though the adrenaline shot thing really wasn't explained well. I didn't learn how it worked until a certain boss battle that required it because usually it'd come up out of nowhere and I'd botch my chance and then it wouldn't happen again so I just killed that enemy the normal way.

Derrick01

Banned
So I did a few levels of Mark of the Ninja last night and it's actually surprisingly good for one of these 2D games Gaf foams over. It's a very competent stealth game too, nowhere near the greatest ever yet like some people were saying, but very solid. Certainly more so than Dishonored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom