• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im brazilian and just saw that the whole Steam in Reais instead of dollars happened.

SO I bought GTA IV Complete Edition (payed 11.24 reais - thats like 5 dollars!!!!)

and Black Ops II.

Is there a GAF group for Black Ops 2 on PC?

Is anyone interested in swapping for a game/buying a Borderlands 2 Season pass for say $15? I bought it a while ago but I've lost interest in BL2 and it's just sitting there.

Im brazilian and just saw that the whole Steam in Reais instead of dollars happened.

SO I bought GTA IV Complete Edition (payed 11.24 reais - thats like 5 dollars!!!!)

and Black Ops II.

Is there a GAF group for Black Ops 2 on PC?

Well lookie here, I guess I found my new best Steam friend.

HoosTrax

I wonder how good the English localization is for Deponia. Reading their website makes me wonder if someone used a German to English web translator. (It's totally comprehensible, but the word choices seem a little odd.)

Kammie

I have 4 DOTA2 invites to give away. Just send me a PM with your Steam ID. First four get it.

Edit: And one copy of Bad Rats... please take this off my inventory. lol.

Edit 2: One still left.

Bentendo

I have 4 DOTA2 invites to give away. Just send me a PM with your Steam ID. First four get it.

Edit: And one copy of Bad Rats... please take this off my inventory. lol.

Sent you a PM. Sorry it wasn't very formal. Just wanted to be sure to get one. :p

BigAT

After buying Ticket to Ride a couple of months ago, I finally got around to trying it out today. Unfortunately when I tried to run it, I got the following errors:

ACt4k.jpg

NrjRO.jpg

Anyone have any ideas on what the issue is? As far as I know I have the most recent version of Java installed.

xJavonta

Banned
Finally re-bought Half Life 2, Ep. 1, and Ep. 2. Had them on my old account that I no longer no the login info for, but it was too good to pass up at $5.17 total.

Yea I have a couple of Dota 2 invites as well if anyone wants them. Also have a copy of Torchlight 1 and 2 copies of The Ship in case anyone wants those too. Just PM me your steam email address if you want anything and I'll send it your way.

Megasoum

Banned
Man, I feel like New Vegas is on sale every other week... Why do I suddenly get an urge to play it in one of those rare moments when it's not on sale? Ugh... I don't want to pay 30$ for it (I know it's worth it) since I know it will be on sale again soon.

rybrad

After buying Ticket to Ride a couple of months ago, I finally got around to trying it out today. Unfortunately when I tried to run it, I got the following errors:

Anyone have any ideas on what the issue is? As far as I know I have the most recent version of Java installed.
Do you have both the 32 and 64-bit versions installed? Depending on the game it will require one or the other so it is good to have both installed. I would also try reinstalling Java, the few games I have had jacked up with Java errors are usually sorted by a fresh install.

JustinBB7

Any way to reset my stuff back to dollars? Argentina isn't so kindly right now with currency conversions...

I think you can change the url, but you can't buy from it though so it's kinda pointless. Isn't it a lot cheaper then american dollars though? I read it's a lot cheaper for Brazil this way, but I have no idea if it's cheaper for Argentina though, guess not if you want dollars back.

zkylon

zkylewd
I think you can change the url, but you can't buy from it though so it's kinda pointless. Isn't it a lot cheaper then american dollars though? I read it's a lot cheaper for Brazil this way, but I have no idea if it's cheaper for Argentina though, guess not if you want dollars back.
It's not really more expensive, but there's a lot of currency craziness right now in Argieland and having your dollars converted to reales without your consent isn't so cool.

Are you getting reales in the Steam Client or through an internet browser?
Just browser. I guess that's one way to fix it but I've been known to have issues with buying through the client.

I wonder how good the English localization is for Deponia. Reading their website makes me wonder if someone used a German to English web translator. (It's totally comprehensible, but the word choices seem a little odd.)

It's not bad. There's a few odd word choices and subtitle errors, but it's mostly well done. Much more natural than any of the Runaway games or Next Big Thing, for comparison.

The game itself was very good. It's a traditional adventure game and doesn't push any boundaries, but its very well done. I was able to complete it without resorting to an FAQ, so the puzzles generally make sense (in the context of the cartoon world). I picked it up when it was a daily deal the other week and I liked it enough to buy the sequel (Chaos on Deponia) that just came out today.

HoosTrax

Yeah, I know its a game that is for a rather specific type of gamer. Usually people can still appreciate what the game is trying to do.

Besides, in this game, all people suck. 95% of all players probably wont be able to beat the game, its just a matter of when they give up :p Still havent managed to get through either.
That game is harder for me than my actual job (software dev). I do recall though, that I felt completely at a loss at what to do when I first started playing. Don't remember if the game had a tutorial or not...if it did, it wasn't very helpful. Anyways, I don't think I made it very far past the third planet.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Any way to reset my stuff back to dollars? Argentina isn't so kindly right now with currency conversions...

1) You can't buy from different regions within Steam. You'll get a "purchase denied" once your billing information is matched to be different from the Store in which you bought the product, be paying through Paypal or CC.

2) The prices that show up on your Steam Client are tailored for the Region you're in (aka, where your IP comes from). Also the same when you go to the website.

3) The URL Trick posted above usually only works so you can CHECK the prices from other regions. The moment you try to make a purchase, it either reverts to your region or the purchase is denied by the reasons explained above.

4) Brazilian prices are cheaper than US prices, be happy you have the oportunity to buy them.

Capndrake

If you live in Europe, you can get any game that costs €9,99 or less on the Ubi store for free with the code: UBIPGW10

These activate on Steam:

-Mad Riders
-Babel Rising (+ DLC)
-R.U.S.E. (+ DLC)
-Bloody Good Time
-Zeit²
-Shoot Many Robots

Limit of one use per account.

Source

Blizzard

Banned
That game is harder for me than my actual job (software dev). I do recall though, that I felt completely at a loss at what to do when I first started playing. Don't remember if the game had a tutorial or not...if it did, it wasn't very helpful. Anyways, I don't think I made it very far past the third planet.
I'm also a software dev and kinda felt the same way about the difficulty. :p I still suspect it may actually be easier for hardware/VLSI designers than for software people.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
If you live in Europe, you can get any game that costs €9,99 or less on the Ubi store for free with the code: UBIPGW10

These activate on Steam:

-Mad Riders
-Babel Rising (+ DLC)
-R.U.S.E. (+ DLC)
-Bloody Good Time
-Zeit²
-Shoot Many Robots

Source

Doesn't seem to be working? I enter the code and it just rereshes the page

Edit: Nevermind, got it.

zkylon

zkylewd
1) You can't buy from different regions within Steam. You'll get a "purchase denied" once your billing information is matched to be different from the Store in which you bought the product, be paying through Paypal or CC.

2) The prices that show up on your Steam Client are tailored for the Region you're in (aka, where your IP comes from). Also the same when you go to the website.

3) The URL Trick posted above usually only works so you can CHECK the prices from other regions. The moment you try to make a purchase, it either reverts to your region or the purchase is denied by the reasons explained above.

4) Brazilian prices are cheaper than US prices, be happy you have the oportunity to buy them.
Got any examples of cheaper stuff? I just checked Dishonored and Bioshock Infinite and both are now more expensive.

I also hate having to now manage Steam in an entirely different currency that I do EVERY single other site, because Valve figures that we're all latinos, so we don't mind using each other's currencies.

Just as terrible as Origin not even listing Argentina as a country.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Got any examples of cheaper stuff? I just checked Dishonored and Bioshock Infinite and both are now more expensive.

I also hate having to now manage Steam in an entirely different currency that I do EVERY single other site, because Valve figures that we're all latinos, so we don't mind using each other's currencies.

Just as terrible as Origin not even listing Argentina as a country.

Most, if not all games, are now cheaper. Look at rockstar stuff.

Dishonored is the same price as it was before by our exchange rate. It must be cheaper for you, because there's no way in hell that Real is more expensive than Dollar for you.

Bioshock Infinite is about 5 dollars cheaper by our exchange. Again, I don't see how can it not be cheaper for you.

Black ops is like 5 bucks cheaper as well.

zkylon

zkylewd
Most, if not all games, are now cheaper. Look at rockstar stuff.

Dishonored is the same price as it was before by our exchange rate. It must be cheaper for you, because there's no way in hell that Real is more expensive than Dollar for you.

Bioshock Infinite is about 5 dollars cheaper by our exchange. Again, I don't see how can it not be cheaper for you.

Black ops is like 5 bucks cheaper as well.
Actually, you're right, Dishonored is a bit cheaper (did the math wrong I guess, it's about 2USD cheaper), and checking other games, they seem to all have small favorable differences.

Still annoying as fuck, but I guess that makes up for it.

Twentieth

Some games I've seen so far that are much cheaper in Brazil:

Risen 2: R$35 (~17 USD)
Intrusion 2: R$10 (~5 USD)
Killing Floor: R$25 (~12 USD)
Silent Hill: Homecoming: R$35 (currently costs 40 dollars in the US store!)

All 2K Games, SEGA and Konami titles seem to also have a decent discount.

zkylon

zkylewd
Some games I've seen so far that are much cheaper in Brazil:

Risen 2: R$35 (~17 USD)
Intrusion 2: R$10 (~5 USD)
Killing Floor: R$25 (~12 USD)
Silent Hill: Homecoming: R$35 (currently costs 40 dollars in the US store!)

All 2K Games, SEGA and Konami titles seem to also have a decent discount.
Yeah, just been doing the math and basically I just got a 5USD discount across almost the entire catalog.

Dark Souls also now has a store page.

I guess I can't complain :/

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Yeah, just been doing the math and basically I just got a 5USD discount across almost the entire catalog.

Dark Souls also now has a store page.

I guess I can't complain :/

So that no longer happens, just check http://www.steamprices.com/br

It shows the price of the games in reais, and how much it costs (converted into reais) on the other regions.

I have yet to find a game that's WAY MORE EXPENSIVE in Brazil than in the US Store. I can find some on Euro Zone 1, but that's all low income regions with tailored prices, like in Russia and now, Brazil.

Overall, I'm very impressed by the price conversion.

Deques

These activate on Steam:

-Mad Riders
-Babel Rising (+ DLC)
-R.U.S.E. (+ DLC)
-Bloody Good Time
-Zeit²
-Shoot Many Robots

Source

anyone who can help me get Zeit? I live in europe, but it doesnt work for me

Status
Not open for further replies.