• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you live in Europe, you can get any game that costs €9,99 or less on the Ubi store for free with the code: UBIPGW10

These activate on Steam:

-Mad Riders
-Babel Rising (+ DLC)
-R.U.S.E. (+ DLC)
-Bloody Good Time
-Zeit²
-Shoot Many Robots

Limit of one use per account.

Source

Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes is also Steam redeemable (although it isn't stated in the product page, it's Steamworks. Just bought it, and it works!)

MNC

Looks like brazilian people will be my new friends. 30% cheaper games? Fuck yes.
Edit: not all gamrs, ofcourse. Witcher 2 is 35% cheaper. Xcom is 42% (!) Cheaper. Sleeping Dogs is 34% as well... Damn son. Who wants to be my Brazilian friend!?

Xanathus

My Ubi order of Babel Rising went through several hours ago even though I'm not in Europe. Order still is stuck in "Processing serial number or unlock code", they probably ran out of keys.

Wok

If you live in Europe, you can get any game that costs €9,99 or less on the Ubi store for free with the code: UBIPGW10

These activate on Steam:

-Mad Riders
-Babel Rising (+ DLC)
-R.U.S.E. (+ DLC)
-Bloody Good Time
-Zeit²
-Shoot Many Robots

Source

Thanks.

My Ubi order of Babel Rising went through several hours ago even though I'm not in Europe. Order still is stuck in "Processing serial number or unlock code", they probably ran out of keys.

I got a working key few minutes ago.

Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes is also Steam redeemable (although it isn't stated in the product page, it's Steamworks. Just bought it, and it works!)

Oh!

Curse your store, Ubi. I tried to "purchase" the piece of RUSE DLC I was missing, using a VPN, but kept getting stuck at "Payment authorisation failed".

I feel Ubi learnt from EA's mistake (OS3874XVC). Ubi must have thought the system a bit better to avoid abuse.

"Sugar Cube : Bittersweet Factory" will be available on the Steam store next week.

Sugar Cube is a puzzle-platformer with 5 worlds, each composed of 17 short levels and a boss. It is 2 to 3 hours long. There are two dimensions, and the passage from one to another is done either locally around the main character, either with a switch. Some people said it is frustrating, but I did not find it frustrating due to the fact the levels are short. What I really dislike about the game is the audio. There are some nice additions, but each is only used on a few levels: portals, sticky walls, rolling carpets, frozen floors, levitating bubbles, levels without being able to jump, translation of one of the two dimensions, use of a symmetric vertical axis, character smaller of bigger depending on the amount of sugar and water which he touched.

The game will appear this evening.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Curse your store, Ubi. I tried to "purchase" the piece of RUSE DLC I'm missing, using a VPN, but kept getting stuck at "Payment authorisation failed".

MNC

Games are cheaper for Brazilians now, but not Russia cheap. The official exchange rate is $1=R$2, the rate steam is using is $1=R$1.70, except for Bethesda games which are using $1=R$2 (even Activison is less greedy). Besides that, there was a tax of 6% for buying in foreign curency we don't pay anymore now.
Is the tax included? Games are still very fucking cheaap over there! Do you get any strange region locked languages?

dani_dc

These activate on Steam:

-Mad Riders
-Babel Rising (+ DLC)
-R.U.S.E. (+ DLC)
-Bloody Good Time
-Zeit²
-Shoot Many Robots

Source

Thnaks, think I'll pick up Bloody Good Time (even though I assume the online is dead).

Just a heads up for anyone considering Zeit² , the game has a 3-Machines Activation Limit (Tages Solidshield).

Edit: Apparently not anymore, thanks didamangi for the correction.

dreamfall

Any word if Steam is selling the Deluxe Edition of AC III? I see that the Amazon sale requires the Steam client- makes sense, but just wondering about it.

Deques

I got a message from Steam Support in the client. But it seems I cant open it. I get a blank window.
anyone else got this?

y64qT.png

What could it be? I am a bit worried

Ahah, is AC1 that bad?
Haven't played any game in the series yet.

No, it's not bad, just a tad bit repetitive.

9 (major) assassination targets felt a bit too much to me, 6 would have been perfect. One thing it has going for it though is the non-linearity, which they sadly took out for the sequels.

dani_dc

Just to confirm that the code worked in Portugal.

Got Bloody Good Time as well as Clash of Heroes "I am The Boss" DLC for nothing.

For some reason "Bloody Good Time" code is "still processing", nor did I get an email confirming the order (edit: got the email now).

Heads up, the only way to access the order is with the order number+password or email+CC last 5 numbers, so better save the order number incase you get a "still procesing" in one of your items.

That's good to hear, they really should update the pages with that kind of information (I recall similar issue with FC2), thanks for the clarification.

wazoo

I am a bit surprised of how short the "coming soon" list on Steam is.

Is there somewhere, where a longer list of TBA can be found ?

Ledsen

Ahah, is AC1 that bad?
Haven't played any game in the series yet.

It's still the best in the series at capturing what was probably the original goal of the series: feeling like an actual assassin. They have long since given up on that goal and instead turned the series into an open world action amusement park.

Kabouter

It's still the best in the series at capturing what was probably the original goal of the series: feeling like an actual assassin. They have long since given up on that goal and instead turned the series into an open world action amusement park.

Yeah, not carrying around a smithy on your person at all times helps the assassin feel of AC1 quite a lot too. Still the second weakest of the series though, it's a bit too repetitive.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
That game is harder for me than my actual job (software dev). I do recall though, that I felt completely at a loss at what to do when I first started playing. Don't remember if the game had a tutorial or not...if it did, it wasn't very helpful. Anyways, I don't think I made it very far past the third planet.
Really? It was that difficult to you? You're still the best of my whole Steam friends list at that game, lol!

I got a message from Steam Support in the client. But it seems I cant open it. I get a blank window.
anyone else got this?

y64qT.png

What could it be? I am a bit worried

Try to disable your Steam Skin if you have any. Although it doesn't look like you have one.
You may be accepted to a beta you applied. And for last try from the website if you can.
I too have notifications that I can't access but not one from Steam Support and none are RED.

Ledsen

Yeah, not carrying around a smithy on your person at all times helps the assassin feel of AC1 quite a lot too. Still the second weakest of the series though, it's a bit too repetitive.

Even though I greatly enjoyed AC2 and AC:B, I'm still disappointed that they opted to go in a different direction instead of trying to reinforce the "assassin" part of the title. Kind of like Far Cry 2 -> Far Cry 3 but less severe.

zkylon

zkylewd
So that no longer happens, just check http://www.steamprices.com/br

It shows the price of the games in reais, and how much it costs (converted into reais) on the other regions.

I have yet to find a game that's WAY MORE EXPENSIVE in Brazil than in the US Store. I can find some on Euro Zone 1, but that's all low income regions with tailored prices, like in Russia and now, Brazil.

Overall, I'm very impressed by the price conversion.
Yeah, you're right. I still hate when companies just tag me as Mexico or Brazil or whatever, and saving a couple of bucks per game won't change that.

Man, Fallout 3 is just so bland. The first time I played through it, I pretty much stuck to the main quest line and hammered through the game in under twenty hours. I don't recall there being too many interesting bread crumbs to draw you off the main quest line and into side quests. The only real stand out moment for me in the main quest line was walking behind a giant propaganda, laser spewing robot in the assault leading up to the final area. Other than that I just don't remember much about the game.

For whatever reason I got it into my head to replay Fallout 3, to try different things, do a little more exploring off the beaten path, dig into the game to find interesting side quests and unique items/armor/weapons. First thing I did was blow up Megaton, didn't even bother to follow up on the lead for the main quest, looking for leads on your fathers whereabouts. I just went looking for Mr. Burke, accepted his proposal and blew the fuck out of Megaton. I was kind of disappointed when that only resulted in a different apartment, it didn't even open up a whole new series of quests. There was one, to deal with some ghouls in a nearby location. I thought there would be more to Tenpenny Towers, maybe there is and I just haven't spoken to the right NPC. The main quest line didn't even adapt itself well to my actions, Rivet City was just a location on the world map, there wasn't even a marker pointing to that location to forward the main quest. The main quest didn't change due to my actions, it was just kind of interrupted. When I got to Rivet City it just carries on like I didn't nuke a small town. I didn't have my first run-in with Three Dog or the Brotherhood of Steel but I don't know if nuking Megaton resulted in that or if I simply haven't stumbled across them due to the DC area's convoluted layout.

Karma doesn't make much of a difference aside from who occasionally ambushes you, it's either the Regulators if you're bad or the Talon Company if you're good. If you're neutral, nobody seems to jump you. It really feels meaningless with how the karma system is implemented in Fallout 3, especially compared to New Vegas's individual faction ratings.

The main quest really doesn't do a good job of drawing you across a good portion of the map and aside from the kid who seeks you out to help with the ants invading his town, Fallout 3 doesn't do all that fantastic a job drawing you off the main quest line. I've found a few more side-quests by discovering way points on the map through conversations, books or just general exploration. Events like the superhero/super villian stand off in that trading town, the Republic of Dave, Nukalurks in the basement of the old Nuka Cola factory or Vault 108 filled with numbered clones of a guy named Gary. Soem of these events are kind of funny but for the most part it's kind of, I dunno, flat. Devoid of personality.

I keep hearing that, but I only ever played 5 minutes before I got too much of a fallout 3 all over again vibe from it and stopped caring.

Is it a slow burn or can you get into it quickly?

Takes a while to get going. The second or third town you visit is where it starts to open up.

Deques

Try to disable your Steam Skin if you have any. Although it doesn't look like you have one.
You may be accepted to a beta you applied. And for last try from the website if you can.
I too have notifications that I can't access but not one from Steam Support and none are RED.

I believe I found out what the alert is. Borderlands 2 is gone from my library :(
A support ticket is sent... T_T

JustinBB7

It was a ROW version according to the description when it was in the inventory.
One more thing, I got it through trading. Could it be a copy that is "illegally" purchased?

Could be, so it won't be your fault most likely. Will have to see what Valve says.

dani_dc

It was a ROW version according to the description when it was in the inventory.
One more thing, I got it through trading. Could it be a copy that is "illegally" purchased?

A quick search states that "ROW" stands for "Rest of World", and that Borderlands 2 has "ROW" and "RU" (Russia) versions, so it's not a Russian key.

Games purchased outside of Steam can't be added to the inventory, only games adquired directly via Steam can be added to the inventory. So there's no reason to think the copy is "illegal".

The only thing that occurs to me would be them suspecting you using an Alt. account to buy it cheaper from another region, using a VPN or similar claims.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The only thing that occurs to me would be them suspecting you using an Alt. account to buy it cheaper from another regio, using a VPN or similar claims.

Possibly, although the only evidence that would suggest this is the two accounts being accessed by the same IP, which wouldn't be the case here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom