• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deques

A quick search states that "ROW" stands for "Rest of World", and that Borderlands 2 has "ROW" and "RU" (Russia) versions, so it's not a Russian key.

Games purchased outside of Steam can't be added to the inventory, only games adquired directly via Steam can be added to the inventory. So there's no reason to think the copy is "illegal".

The only thing that occurs to me would be them suspecting you using an Alt. account to buy it cheaper from another regio, using a VPN or similar claims.

I don't have any alt account. And never use VPN.
All my games are purchased legally from authorized sites and indie bundle sites. Some games are from through trading. How the traders got their game I don't know.

Anyway, I have sent a support ticket to see what they have to say. I hope I get the game back. Else I have lost Borderlands 2 plus the games I traded away :(

didamangi

It was a ROW version according to the description when it was in the inventory.
One more thing, I got it through trading. Could it be a copy that is "illegally" purchased?

Happened to me once, as long as you do the trade using the steam trade window, you'll get your games that you traded for BL2 back.

didamangi

Did Support say why the game was removed from your account?

They say it was a problem with the payment. I traded Amalur for a bunch of my games.

Turns out the guy who originally bought the Amalur copy apparently did a chargeback for many of the games he traded.

I just told steam to look at my trade history and they give me back my games to my inventory.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
They say it was a problem with the payment. I traded Amalur for a bunch of my games.

Turns out the guy who originally bought the Amalur copy apparently did a chargeback for many of the games he traded.

I just told steam to look at my trade history and they give me back my games to my inventory.

Ah. That's probably what's happened in Deques' case, then.

Deques

Ah. That's probably what's happened in Deques' case, then.

Too bad it was a preorder BL2 with all the bonuses. Even if I get my games back I have to find another preorder copy. The retail stores here in Sweden still sells BL2 with the bonuses, but it costs too much :(

didamangi

Don't trade with people you don't know or don't have a clear history on Gaf of being trustworthy.

Actually the trader I trade the game with is very trustworthy, have tons of reps and so on. It's just the guy that originally bought the copy that scam people.

It's just one of the risks of steam trading.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I feel Ubi learnt from EA's mistake (OS3874XVC). Ubi must have thought the system a bit better to avoid abuse.

I'll just say that no, Ubisoft didn't really learn anything from EA's mistakes.

The payment failed thing only happens on some regions in the Ubisoft Store.

Atruvius

It was a ROW version according to the description when it was in the inventory.
One more thing, I got it through trading. Could it be a copy that is "illegally" purchased?

It was probably bought when there was the pricing error. My season pass says it's also for the RU version even though I bought it from my regional store.

It works just fine for me.

JaseC

I'll just say that no, Ubisoft didn't really learn anything from EA's mistakes.

The payment failed thing only happens on some regions in the Ubisoft Store.

Thanks for mentioning this -- I just switched my VPN server to the Netherlands and went through checkout just fine. For the record, I'd previously tried Ireland and France to no avail.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Thanks for mentioning this -- I just switched my VPN server to the Netherlands and went through checkout just fine. For the record, I'd previously tried Ireland and France to no avail.

On another note, I THINK the DLCs for Assassin's Creed Revelations you have to register on the game itself, so while you can't redeem them on Steam, technically you could redeem them on your Steam copy?

I don't know, as I don't have Revelations.

JaseC

On another note, I THINK the DLCs for Assassin's Creed Revelations you have to register on the game itself, so while you can't redeem them on Steam, technically you could redeem them on your Steam copy?

I don't know, as I don't have Revelations.

Yeah, that will work.

Edit: Forgot to switch tabs.

Tell us who it is if he's on GAF. That's basically theft.

Phinor

Perhaps not the best time to ask this but anyone willing to smuggle me a $4.99 Steam copy of Episodes from Liberty City? It remains 7.49€ in Euro store and the Amazon.com deal doesn't register on Steam.

eyeless

went through all this time getting a netherlands vpn navigating the site in dutch filling out fake netherlands address and name and payment authorization fails

god dammit

JaseC

went through all this time getting a netherlands vpn navigating the site in dutch filling out fake netherlands address and name and payment authorization fails

god dammit

You may have to add a CC to your account, even though the checkout system doesn't ask for it. This also means your billing information has to match that of the card, but that shouldn't be an issue -- it wasn't for me, and I even used my primary (Australian) Uplay account to complete the purchase.

DSmalls84

Does Valve typically do any type of mini sales around Thanksgiving? Seems like I remember there being something like that last year.

eyeless

You may have to add a CC to your account, even though the checkout system doesn't ask for it. This also means your billing information has to match that of the card, but that shouldn't be an issue -- it wasn't for me, and I even used my primary (Australian) Uplay account to complete the purchase.
thanks, will try that

almost too much effort for shoot many robots when they took out local co-op and there's no gamepad support

JaseC

Does Valve typically do any type of mini sales around Thanksgiving? Seems like I remember there being something like that last year.

The Autumn Sale should begin on the 24th, as it did both last year and in 2010.

Edit: Although, seeing as November 24th falls on a Saturday this year, it may begin a little earlier.

RedSwirl

Shit guys what's the likelihood AC3's gonna be on sale this holiday? Should I just bite the bullet and grab the 360 version for $35 on Black Friday?

XShagrath

The Autumn Sale should begin on the 24th, as it did both last year and in 2010.

Edit: Although, seeing as November 24th falls on a Saturday this year, it may begin a little earlier.
It might actually start a little earlier, because Thanksgiving is on the 22nd. Last year, the 24th was Thanksgiving, and in 2010, Thanksgiving was on the 25th.

This will be my first big Steam sale, as I just put together a machine capable of gaming about a month ago. Needless to say, I'm pretty excited for this and the Winter Sale.

JustinBB7

It might actually start a little earlier, because Thanksgiving is on the 22nd. Last year, the 24th was Thanksgiving, and in 2010, Thanksgiving was on the 25th.

This will be my first big Steam sale, as I just put together a machine capable of gaming about a month ago. Needless to say, I'm pretty excited for this and the Winter Sale.

The only big steam sales are summer and winter, all the other ones are small sales compared to those 2.

XShagrath

The only big steam sales are summer and winter, all the other ones are small sales compared to those 2.
Well, it'll be bigger than the daily deal and the midweek/weekend specials. Even the Halloween sale was huge for me. The winter sale is going to blow my mind!

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Shit guys what's the likelihood AC3's gonna be on sale this holiday? Should I just bite the bullet and grab the 360 version for $35 on Black Friday?

AC1 and AC2 will probably be 5 bucks each.

Brotherhood regular edition will be 5 bucks, Gold edition will be 7,50 again, most likely.

Sometime next year, when Assassin's Creed 3 is released and working for a while, I predict that the regular edition of Brotherhood will disappear and the Gold Edition will have a price drop to 19,99 (just like it happened with Assassin's Creed 2 when Revelations came out), which means it will be 5 bucks when the next round of sales comes.

And that's when I'll buy it. :D

JaseC

I can see the sale beginning in lieu of Weekend Deals for that week.

The Autumn Sale is comparable to the Summer and Winter/Christmas Sales in scope, its length is just shorter.

Salsa

first to quote gets a Mad Riderz Xtreme Bros 4lyfe!! steam key

mad-riders_1_pac_m_120530105046.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom