• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
If you have both, try both and see which works better.

I have only played the demo when it came out and controls were atrocious at the time.

I missed my chance to buy it yesterday because of work. Will grab it next time.
Yeah, will do. Just wanted to save some time, and stick to the most preferred setup. I didn't like the demo controls either, the mouse had a horrible acceleration, which made it behave like an analog stick. With any luck they may have patched it already.

I went for 360 pad, didn't have any problems even though I'm not really good with it.
I asked because it's a shooter, something that's better played with a mouse, but it felt so bad in the demo I'm actually thinking of playing it with a controller. Oh well, gotta try it tomorrow, this was another night of browsing GAF and not playing anything at all.

Just bought the GTA4 games that were on sale. What's the best way to play them control wise? I loved using KB&M for the past ones, both on foot and in vehicle.

Exuro

Just bought the GTA4 games that were on sale. What's the best way to play them control wise? I loved using KB&M for the past ones, both on foot and in vehicle.
I played it and the episodes with kbm. As long as you're used to driving with wasd it works fine.

Lizardus

Use controller for vehicles (chopper controls with kb&m were unplayable for me, much better with controller)

For shooting, kb&m is obviously superior but theres cover system and lock on so its not too bad.

EDIT: I have played GTA4 and TLOD with vanilla car handling. Is there a mod out that makes handling like in GTA:SA (more arcady) for TBOGT?

Deques

Looks like I really got BL2 removed from my directory. The steam alert finally loaded and it was about the removal of BL2 :(
Anyway, a support ticket i sent. Telling them about the situation and that I want the games I traded with back.

Recon

Banned
Looks like I really got BL2 removed from my directory. The steam alert finally loaded and it was about the removal of BL2 :(
Anyway, a support ticket i sent. Telling about the situation and that I want the games I traded with back.

How did this happen?

LQX

Anyway, a support ticket i sent. Telling them about the situation and that I want the games I traded with back.

You're the second person I've read saying that BL2 was removed from their account.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
This is how I look at it:

If
A) It's a third-person shooter
B) It's not online

Then I'll play with a controller.
But in some games you need precise aiming, such as Max Payne 3 or... Well, can't think of anything else right now, but I couldn't imagine playing it with a controller.

JustinBB7

If I'm reading it right, you don't need xsplit anymore and can just use Origin as the program too stream? That's pretty cool then. Xsplit is a horrible program.. but then again so is Origin..

Not gonna suddenly start using Origin now, but I hope Steam adds something like this too.

If I'm reading it right, you don't need xsplit anymore and can just use Origin as the program too stream? That's pretty cool then. Xsplit is a horrible program.. but then again so is Origin..

Not gonna suddenly start using Origin now, but I hope Steam adds something like this too.

Even within Steam's prison I have to say that Origin is a decent effort and probably the only actual competition to Steam. Gifting and client customization can push that platform further and I hope they'll do those next.

derExperte

Can I use that for my (RU) version? I bought Steam key without knowing it.

I have no idea. The other day I got gifted the russian version of Borderlands 2 season pass because the Gaffer who bought it couldn't use it with his european B2 so could very well not work with this too.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Honestly just make it so that you don't need to run Steam on non-online, non-Steamworks game and I'd be happy. Origin did it to lots of their games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom