• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
header_292x136.jpg

yada yada yada

quote and pm your email address.

KarmaCow

So when does Binary Domain get good? I'm still early, just met Mifune but there are way too many cutscenes and my team mates have been pretty useless. Dan is fucking awful as well, not that the other characters are much better.

So when does Binary Domain get good? I'm still early, just met Mifune but there are way too many cutscenes and my team mates have been pretty useless. Dan is fucking awful as well, not that the other characters are much better.

After you stop being an awful person and right before you get good taste. YMMV though.

Blizzard

Banned
Hmm, what's the recommended difficulty to play Torchlight 2 on?

I think I made a mistake choosing Normal. Or maybe Borderlands 2 conditioned me to expect enemies to have obscene amounts of HP.
I'm generally bad at videogames, but Veteran seemed like a good mix for me, even though I hadn't played Torchlight in forever. If you have multiple players then Veteran can probably get tough later in the game.

I think I have a character that's level 18 or so, if I ever get back into playing it. I wish the game's performance was better on an ATI 5850 though. :(

KarmaCow

After you stop being an awful person and right before you get good taste. YMMV though.

Was I supposed to think Dan creepily trying to hit on Faye or saying things like 'rondy' instead of rendezvous, was actually good?

Seriously, I was interested in the game's combat because of things like location based damage affecting enemy patterns and your actions affecting how your teammates help out in battle. So far center-of-mass shooting enemies is faster for taking down groups and all my team mates are good for is running into the line of fire.

I'm not really interested in cutscenes and the game forcing me to slowly walk 10 meters while another character talks.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Just got another dota invite bringing my total to 9.

At this point if you want to get rid of yours I'll take them and shove them into an incinerator somewhere since Valve seems fit to dump a new one on me daily.

Was I supposed to think Dan creepily trying to hit on Faye or saying things like 'rondy' instead of rendezvous, was actually good?

Seriously, I was interested in the game's combat because of things like location based damage affecting enemy patterns and your actions affecting how your teammates help out in battle. So far center-of-mass shooting enemies is faster for taking down groups and all my team mates are good for is running into the line of fire.

I'm not really interested in cutscenes and the game forcing me to slowly walk 10 meters while another character talks.

If you're not into cheesy 80s action movies you're probably not gonna enjoy the story, obviously. And the combat gets much better later on when you have different types of enemies and bosses. Just shooting the CoM won't do you any good, you'll have to deliver some headshots, shoot their legs to immobilize them, shoot around shields. I don't know, I really enjoyed it and I'm not that into TPS.

Also wtf at you not mentioning Big Bo.

That's a sweet deal. I own almost all the games on Steam already and I bought it so that I have something to play when I'm on the go. Guess that means that I'll be making some people very happy

If you're not into cheesy 80s action movies you're probably not gonna enjoy the story, obviously. And the combat gets much better later on when you have different types of enemies and bosses. Just shooting the CoM won't do you any good, you'll have to deliver some headshots, shoot their legs to immobilize them, shoot around shields. I don't know, I really enjoyed it and I'm not that into TPS.

This man knows the truth.

Getting close to the end-game in the main quest, hit level 20 and chose the explorer perk to reveal all remaining undiscovered locations on the world map. Turns out I had actually done a pretty good job at discovering roughly three quarters of all the locations in-game before choosing the perk. Most of the side-quests in the main game are taken care of (except the Nuka Cola Challenge), I've found a few unique weapons (more than my previous playthrough) and have acquired roughly half of the bobbleheads.

You really do kind of have to go digging to find some of the game's more weird and interesting moments or unique items. Going to try some of the add-ons for the first time, I didn't know you had to enable them from the launcher before playing the game. Any recommendations on the order in which I should tackle them?

Operation Anchorage, The Pitt, Broken Steel, Point Lookout and Mothership Zeta.

If I had known you had to enable the add-ons, I would've done so when I first started re-playing the game. Apparently you can get power armor training as soon as you leave Vault 101 if you do Operation Anchorage.

xJavonta

Banned
New Indie Royale Bundle is up:

http://www.indieroyale.com/

The Harvest Bundle:

Mutant Mudds (Desura)
Pineapple Smash Crew (Steam, Desura)
Spirits (Steam, Desura)
Avernum: The Great Trials Trilogy (4-6) (Steam, Desura)
BasketBelle (Desura)
Gonna cop this, thanks.

Free Bioshock from GameFly

http://www.gamefly.com/Download-BioShock/150930/

It isn't Steamworks... but it's free!

Edit: I want that Pineapple Smash Crew (Steam)
This marks the fourth time I've acquired Bioshock (GFWL sale, Steam sale, Amazon sale, and this)

I have the best sister in the world :D
My sister is a close second, she's 5 and got me some PC cleaning supplies for my b-day.

Also, since I'm feeling generous cause it's my bday (and totally not because I already have these games), quote this for a key to one of these games

Crayon Physics Deluxe
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP

one per person, please.

KarmaCow

I'm not a fan of the story so far, partly because of Bo and Dan saying things at odds with the tone of the scene, but it would be far more tolerable if it was presented while I was moving through the environment. The slow walking is just infuriating. If you're going to limit my movement by that much, just go all the way. It just seems like a waste to have the characters have talk in the middle of fights if all they say is the same one liner over and over instead of something meaningful.

I'm glad that the combat gets better though. I guess it's still in tutorial mode.

Nabs

Yoooo son, we in there:

Revelations 2012 Update Released

header.jpg

Product Update - Valve 17:12
Revelations Update 11/8/2012 (Ver. 10)
-Added new Energy Gun
-Added new Blast Gun
-Added new Laser Gun
-Added new Rocket Gun
-Added new TimeWarp Gun
-Added new ammo to the new weapon system
-Added new players
-Fixed Dialogue Issues
-Added new hints and cues to help players
-Added updates to all current levels
-Fixed Sound issue MainMenu
-UI Redesigned
-Bots AI improved, and can pickup hearts
-All player animations fixed

I'm excited!

KPJZKC

Gonna cop this, thanks.

This marks the fourth time I've acquired Bioshock (GFWL sale, Steam sale, Amazon sale, and this)

My sister is a close second, she's 5 and got me some PC cleaning supplies for my b-day.

Also, since I'm feeling generous cause it's my bday (and totally not because I already have these games), quote this for a key to one of these games

Crayon Physics Deluxe
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP

one per person, please.

I quoted but saw nothing, is this some kind of a sick joke? :v

Didn't realise it was almost 30 minutes ago, understandable that the keys are gone! Thanks for your generosity :D

bigace33

Getting close to the end-game in the main quest, hit level 20 and chose the explorer perk to reveal all remaining undiscovered locations on the world map. Turns out I had actually done a pretty good job at discovering roughly three quarters of all the locations in-game before choosing the perk. Most of the side-quests in the main game are taken care of (except the Nuka Cola Challenge), I've found a few unique weapons (more than my previous playthrough) and have acquired roughly half of the bobbleheads.

You really do kind of have to go digging to find some of the game's more weird and interesting moments or unique items. Going to try some of the add-ons for the first time, I didn't know you had to enable them from the launcher before playing the game. Any recommendations on the order in which I should tackle them?

Operation Anchorage, The Pitt, Broken Steel, Point Lookout and Mothership Zeta.

If I had known you had to enable the add-ons, I would've done so when I first started re-playing the game. Apparently you can get power armor training as soon as you leave Vault 101 if you do Operation Anchorage.

Do Operation Anchorage first, get the Chinese Stealth Armor, and then proceed to completely dominate the game. Nah really, the CSA is a bit of a cheat armor in the game. Combine it with a high sneak skill and a silenced weapon, or one of the legend weapons 9ie, Lincoln Repeater) and you will have a blast. At least I did.

Love the slide under the table, razorwire mine plant .gif.

Do Operation Anchorage first, get the Chinese Stealth Armor, and then proceed to completely dominate the game. Nah really, the CSA is a bit of a cheat armor in the game. Combine it with a high sneak skill and a silenced weapon, or one of the legend weapons 9ie, Lincoln Repeater) and you will have a blast. At least I did.

I'll keep that in mind if I ever replay Fallout 3 again, my current character build is kinda geared towards all-out aggression in combat.

camerooni

Neo Member
Now:
lolubi7sj50.jpg

&
lolubi22ckgx.jpg

I award Ubi's commitment to its word an F.

Would say I'm surprised and disappointed, but I'm really just disappointed.. Ubisoft are just full of liars, well that's probably a bit harsh.. there are probably parts of the company that really respect their customer base and want to do good work but they're not in the right areas to do anything about it..

They probably feel that $70usd for a base game in Australia 'is' a comparable amazing price.. (compared to the $80-100 they normally charge)..

Oh well.. I'll wait for the goty/complete/true deluxe version that is half the price and contains all of the content as per the others.. DLC has prevented me from being a day 1 buyer for anything these days - so they get less of my money rather than more (Unfortunately I don't think I'm the 'norm').. Stupid eb/gamestop shoppers who buy games day 1 and then trade them back in a week.. and are essentially paying for a very expensive rental.. but try to explain that to them and they just don't see it..

camerooni

Neo Member
It's still better than Serious Sam anyway. Especially while it isn't possible to finish it.

Haha.. SS3 was the first game where I had no frigan idea where I was or where I was going.. everything in that starting 'crumbly building' town looked the freaking same..

It was saved by the daisies exploding out of the enemies in place of blood tho ;)
<hippy win>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom