• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Copped Superbros. Thanks, GR.

Also, yo Nabs, thanks for Dota. I was like the last dude on Earth without the game, I think. Haha.

camerooni

Neo Member
From the steam store page for ac3 season pass:

Get Unlimited Access – Every single unlockable mission, character, and skin is yours for the taking.

So they're basically admitting that the full game is really the game + the season pass - why don't they stop lying about this DLC crap and just admit that they want to charge an extra 20-30 for the game.. why is DLC more acceptable than a more expensive base price?

Just have a really expensive blockbuster game price, an average game price, and a budget game price and put all your new releases into those buckets and stop pretending that all games are are the same and should have the stupid 'AAA release' price of 50usd (that's the 'normal' price in the states yeah?)..

So they're basically admitting that the full game is really the game + the season pass - why don't they stop lying about this DLC crap and just admit that they want to charge an extra 20-30 for the game.. why is DLC more acceptable than a more expensive base price?

Just have a really expensive blockbuster game price, an average game price, and a budget game price and put all your new releases into those buckets and stop pretending that all games are the same and should have the stupid 'AAA release' price of 50usd (that's the 'normal' price in the states yeah?)..

Because this way you can pay it in installments.

Salsa

Just have a really expensive blockbuster game price, an average game price, and a budget game price and put all your new releases into those buckets and stop pretending that all games are are the same and should have the stupid 'AAA release' price of 50usd (that's the 'normal' price in the states yeah?)..

BUT KING WASHINGTON

kurahador

Cherry Tree High Comedy Club is out!

LHtyL.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/214610

$7.99

Bought!!

Sysgen

Don't buy it till the whole package is the price you want to pay. If you need it on day one well then that's the price. That's OK. Borderlands 2 was $90 and people bought it buy the truck load. Saints Row 3 with all dlc I paid $13 and change.

vall03

currently playing Cherry Tree High Comedy Club and I still find a few lines funny even after playing the game months ago. Also got my Sine Mora code from GMG, a bit disappointed that theres no pre-install though. Does that depend on the publisher or Valve?

Hellix

Valve needs to stop devaluing their games by sending free gifts of a free game to people. I am getting 1 new gift of Dota 2 every day now.

NZNova

Wahey! Sine Mora key arrived from GMG.

In other news, apparently, I ordered Sine Mora from GMG.

With all these people having dota2 lying around, anyone feel like hooking me up? :D

microtubule

Good idea! make the lurkers work!

I tried not to look at those Dishonored gifs. It stinks being broke but I just got a job offer so soon it will be mine!

AlexBasch

Since my google-fu skills are a bit reduced at the moment.

Is there any way to somehow patch the button layout of Asscreed1? I get a bit confused at the "press button 0 to run and 1 to attack".

zkylon

zkylewd
Hmm, so I decided to try and buy something now and turns out you can't use Paypal in Brazil or something, so it set me back to USD.

Whatever, Steam.

Lain

Caved in and preordered Hitman from GMG while the 25% voucher was still good. Any of you know if there will be some preloading for it?

Also a couple of keys:

Eufloria
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP

Narag

Caved in and preordered Hitman from GMG while the 25% voucher was still good. Any of you know if there will be some preloading for it?

Also a couple of keys:

Eufloria
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP Steam Key

Took Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP Steam Key. Thanks!

camerooni

Neo Member
Don't buy it till the whole package is the price you want to pay. If you need it on day one well then that's the price. That's OK. Borderlands 2 was $90 and people bought it buy the truck load. Saints Row 3 with all dlc I paid $13 and change.

Oh I know.. Obviously people have different price points.. it would just be nice for publishers to acknowledge that the games they produce have varying levels of quality/expectation externally as they do internally.. If they're making a budget game, sell it as a budget game, don't put it out there at 50 dollars and then complain when people don't want to pay 50 dollars for it ;) and if you want more than 50 dollars for the complete game, sell the full game for more than 50 dollars.. don't hack bits out of it to sell later.

I'm just disappointed that it's getting harder and harder to get a complete experience in the one 'box' - whether or not it's a day 1 purchase.

Welp, for those few souls remaining on the planet who are still not in the Dota 2 Beta but still want to be, I've got 4 invites sitting in my inventory. Hit me up with a PM of your steam profile link and I'll send em out.

Platy

Also a couple of keys:

Eufloria
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP

Tryed Eufloria but someone stealth got it =/

Salsa

so I figured I would finish Brotherhood (and maybe race through revelations) before 3 hits, so I launch it, ubiplay updates and:

Bkyy6.png

uh

edit: oh alright, I relaunched and it worked

Nabs

The Prototype 1&2 bundle will be on sale tomorrow @ Amazon. It'll be cheaper than it was before, and both games should have Steam keys this time.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
The Prototype 1&2 bundle will be on sale tomorrow @ Amazon. It'll be cheaper than it was before, and both games should have Steam keys this time.

Do we know what the other deals are?

Deal Hint #1: With a little help from some seeds and a liquid gun you'll have your tricky machinery up and running in no time.

Deal Hint #2: Hey there fortunate son, grab your passport and Nova-6, it's time to head to Russia.

Deal Hint #3: Control or be consumed in a concrete jungle filled with hideous monsters and horrific plagues.
Prototype.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Do we know what the other deals are?

Deal Hint #1: With a little help from some seeds and a liquid gun you'll have your tricky machinery up and running in no time.

Deal Hint #2: Hey there fortunate son, grab your passport and Nova-6, it's time to head to Russia.

Deal Hint #3: Control or be consumed in a concrete jungle filled with hideous monsters and horrific plagues.
Prototype.

#1 is Vessel. #2 is BLOPS.

so I figured I would finish Brotherhood (and maybe race through revelations) before 3 hits, so I launch it, ubiplay updates and:

Bkyy6.png

uh

edit: oh alright, I relaunched and it worked

Remember when this same thing happened to me? Good times.

I decided I'm not buying AC3 until I beat AC2, Brotherhood and Revelations.

That is...unless they add hats. Please don't. :(

Lizardus

How in the fuck did you fix/get past the slowdowns and CTDs? I know the CTDs are related to USB devices being plugged in but I would really appreciate what you did to fix that because I really like the gameplay in ths game and want to finish it.

On another note, I am thinking of picking up LOTR:War in the north for myself and couple of friends. Is the combat in that more like Dark Souls/Monster Hunter or Witcher 2? How is the customization and skill trees and etc? Thanks.

Quoting these from earlier because no one replied.

The first question is regarding Prototype 2.

I've only played the intro to Lord of the Rings war in the north but I would compare the gameplay to any of the games you mentioned. It's more standard hack and slash, I might compare it to Hunted Demon's forge. You've got areas with fixed camera angles that you run around in and use standard attacks + special moves to fight enemies, while you are able to upgrade your skills/character as you go.
I'd love to play some coop but don't know anyone with the game.

Thanks to BertletheTurtle for the unexpected gift! :)

No problem.

If you're on my friends list and you want games put them on your wishlist.

That's the first place I look when I have extra games.

No one has these though so quote which one you want and I'll PM you.

Machinarium

Eufloria

Crayon Physics Deluxe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom