• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
That's not exactly glowing praise...

To be fair, I'd say the same thing of some of my most favorite things. A thing can still be great, but not necessarily click with everyone or even most. *

* This is in no way an endorsement of Hell Yeah.

no

for $1.87 it's definitely worth it. Even 5 bucks.

I'd consider Nabs' opinion pretty important on this one. He is our resident Metroidvania enthusiast/evangelist.

The guy just can't get enough Metroidvania!

I liked the Giantbomb quicklook, I found the Demo pretty funny, I liked the Metroidvania motiff, I like arkedo games, I made an oath to suppot SEGA whenever they deserve it and it cost me $1.87 with GMG credit.

This one was kinda easy to justify.

I played for about 3 hours, and I'm not sure where the Metroidvania comparison comes from. It's super linear. The only thing the game has going for it is a neat artstyle and a humor that you may (or may not) think is funny. "Combat" is boring and exploration is unrewarding.

I wish the game would just have the WarioWare like sequences and none of the boring filler. A new WarioWare-like game would be neat.

2/5. This is my review.

Nabs

To be fair, I'd say the same thing of some of my most favorite things. A thing can still be great, but not necessarily click with everyone or even most. *

* This is in no way an endorsement of Hell Yeah.

I'd consider Nabs' opinion pretty important on this one. He is our resident Metroidvania enthusiast/evangelist.

The guy just can't get enough Metroidvania!

Fucking bus.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
So why don't many developers include instruction manuals with their games? It seems more used to and now it hardly ever happens. I'm playing through Lego Batman 2 and it's super annoying constantly coming across all these things that are apparently locked out or I don't have whatever powers or requirements but I have no idea what I do need. The game only tells you what it is if you have the ability to do so in the level, so some stuff like these golden locks are just a mystery. I also have no idea what the significance of some of these things I'm earning. Superhero? Gold Bricks? Red bricks? It seems like this is all stuff an instruction manual would cover but Warner Bros are asshats and can't even upload a PDF. This has happened with a few other games, too.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Let's make a list of all our favorite metroivanias on Steam. I'll start:

1. super met boy
2. dustforce
3. terraria
4. mark of ninajs
5. deadlight
6. adams adventure
7. tiny big
8. braid

Salsa

So why don't many developers include instruction manuals with their games? It seems more used to and now it hardly ever happens. I'm playing through Lego Batman 2 and it's super annoying constantly coming across all these things that are apparently locked out or I don't have whatever powers or requirements but I have no idea what I do need. The game only tells you what it is if you have the ability to do so in the level, so some stuff like these golden locks are just a mystery. I also have no idea what the significance of some of these things I'm earning. Superhero? Gold Bricks? Red bricks? It seems like this is all stuff an instruction manual would cover but Warner Bros are asshats and can't even upload a PDF. This has happened with a few other games, too.

www.google.com

Dice

That's not the information I need. It's also not an answer to my argument. Console players get instruction manuals, so DD players should as well.

Dice

console players got this:

http://cdn.steampowered.com/Manuals/...f?t=1344033389

you get that too if you can find the right button on the screen to press
i7TrPAx1wuHyq.png

?????

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
ass creed revs is so my fave tower defense game

borderlands 2 was my fav

i hope they do a whole dlc where you just stand there and shoot waves attacking a plot point maybe tiny tina could return.\

pretend its wheres waldo and you have to find it on the store page.

Have you even reached that point of the game? :p
i know you didn't get to that tutorial till like 57 hours in but everyone else reachs it by like 2 hours and then never sees it again unless they are super shit at ass creed gameplay systems analysis.

Nabs

borderlands 2 was my fav

i hope they do a whole dlc where you just stand there and shoot waves attacking a plot point maybe tiny tina could return.

I hope they make a Tiny Tina DLC pack where you have to steal her voice and use it for 10 hours. I hope they do that and add achievements.

morningbus

I hope they make a Tiny Tina DLC pack where you have to steal her voice and use it for 10 hours. I hope they do that and add achievements.

It's already the best metroidvaniablodefense game on the market, so the next bit of Borderlands 2 DLC should focus on adding something the game desperately needs: romance.

Tina is just so funny and endearing it feels weird that you can't take the relationship further. Too bad the FUCKING FASCISTS at Valve won't let them.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
It's already the best metroidvaniablodefense game on the market, so the next bit of Borderlands 2 DLC should focus on adding something the game desperately needs: romance.

Tina is just so funny and endearing it feels weird that you can't take the relationship further. Too bad the FUCKING FASCISTS at Valve won't let them.
in my country the age of consent is 14 so i dont see why they wouldnt let me romance tina. valve should open their minds. and hearts.

Wow, that's SO MUCH BETTER than this:

ilra2jBPPdbB4.png

Brilliant choice they made there.

im not defending it. im just saying it isn't rocket science to find. the amount of time you wasted screenshotting things that we all know what they look like and typing up complaints about a shit manual explaining basic game elements to you not being able to be found would have been better spent on google.

morningbus

From just this last page alone, I'm predicting this thread ends in murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-murder-regicide-suicide.

I bought a 7950 and it comes with three free games. I already have Sleeping Dogs, so I want to trade it for either X-com or Dishonored. If you are interested, please PM me. I will be picking the card up on Saturday or Sunday. :)

HoosTrax

I bought a 7950 and it comes with three free games. I already have Sleeping Dogs, so I want to trade it for either X-com or Dishonored. If you are interested, please PM me. I will be picking the card up on Saturday or Sunday. :)
Sleeping Dogs - free game that came with your card, plus it was $24.99 just two weeks ago

XCOM - new release, $49.99
Dishonored - new release, $59.99

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom