• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikor

Shit. Yeah I have no interest in the MP & the SP is usually not even close to the price for admission. Bleh will wait, even saving like 25% might be worth it.

Btw is there like progression unlocks for zombie mode?

I do know that there is a separate set of ranks for Zombie mode complete with its own set of rank emblems/logos, I'm not sure about anything else though - I've actually only played Zombies solo up to this point. Need more PC BLOPS2 friends ;)

If it were Black Ops 2 and MW3, maybe :p

boccqma.png

mw2prqt5.png

BO2 and MW3 would actually be $175 worth of savings.

Those crazy kids.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Starts this Friday on Amazon, as per Tony:

Saints Row The Third: $9.99
Saints Row The Third Season Pass: $4.99

Ehhh...after the sales months ago with everything for $12-13 this doesn't look too hot to me, but I guess anyone who's afraid it won't be around on Steam in the upcoming sales could pick up the base game. Otherwise, wait for a much better package deal with all DLC.

Blizzard

Banned
That F1 RACE STARS (tm) game is not exactly something I expected to see show up on Steam. $45 for Mario Kart split screen with Mii-esque racers. I think there's also online co-op.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I just played the Hell Yeah demo and well, I wasn't expecting the game to be like that. It's... FUCKING AWESOME!

From the Sega scream right at the beginning, I was playing it with a big smile. Loved the Sonic reference midway through. This is how you make a demo. Sadly they cut it right at the boss fight, but it left me wanting more. Now my only doubt is: do I buy it from GMG for $5.6, or get the whole Amazon pack for $20? (I already have Binary Domain, still unplayed.) Decisions, decisions.

ShaneB

I just played the Hell Yeah demo and well, I wasn't expecting the game to be like that. It's... FUCKING AWESOME!

From the Sega scream right at the beginning, I was playing it with a big smile. Loved the Sonic reference midway through. This is how you make a demo. Sadly they cut it right at the boss fight, but it left me wanting more. Now my only doubt is: do I buy it from GMG for $5.6, or get the whole Amazon pack for $20? (I already have Binary Domain, still unplayed.) Decisions, decisions.

Totally forgot there was a Hell Yeah! demo. I just played it for a few minutes as well and I'm sold! I need this game! Beautiful colourful 60fps action and hilarious writing :)

edit: used my GMG credit and got it for 1.36... not bad at all.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Totally forgot there was a Hell Yeah! demo. I just played it for a few minutes as well and I'm sold! I need this game! Beautiful colourful 60fps action and hilarious writing :)

edit: used my GMG credit and got it for 1.36... not bad at all.
Bought as well. That's it, no more new games this month.

until the autumn sale begins and I can't help myself :(

Miker

METRO 2033 RAGE INCOMING

I just got done with a session of Metro 2033 and I'm pretty ticked off at the game. I'm at a stealth sequence - a pretty long one - and it just checkpointed me immediately after I stepped on some crushed glass or somehow otherwise alerted a patrol.

As a result, as soon as I load my checkpoint, enemies come looking for me and start shooting. I shoot back, but there's about a dozen of them, maybe even more. What's worse is that they're ridiculously well-armored, and it takes 2-3 shotgun rounds at point blank to kill any of them. Going for headshots isn't much of an improvement because they all have helmets, and I'm a shitty shot with my controller*. What's cool is that they can be downed relatively quickly if you shoot them in their shoulders or other unarmored regions, but that's not that feasible because they have good aim and your vision goes crazy when you get shot.

I turned it down to easy and just shot people for a good half hour, but I still managed to get mowed down when more reinforcements arrived, or when a machine gun trolley thing drove past me in the tunnel I had to go through.

Did I mention that I somehow ran out of gas mask filters on an above-ground, and then I had to play through a toxic gas section without my gasmask? Luckily I was able to sprint to a "clean" area, but it was still worrying.

I want to love this game, and I do - it has some amazing design and aesthetic choices - but the insane amount of first-person cutscenes and "follow me" sequences, and now this stealth section and its shitty checkpointing are really putting me off. Is it worth it to try and finish Metro, or should I move on?

*I'm playing on a controller despite being a m/kb guy because the m/kb support is bullshit. The mouse's x-axis sensitivity is higher than the y-axis', and I can't find a way to change it. And if you have your controller plugged in, your m/kb still works, but all the prompts are for the controller. It's pretty damn annoying if you have your controller plugged in 24/7 like I do.

justjim89

Got a nice payday last week. I can't stop buying shit. My wishlist has already been cut in half. In the past 4 days I've bought:

Dishonored
Hotline Miami
Super Meat Boy
Dark Souls
And a 360 gamepad for my laptop.

And I already had Hitman Absolution pre-purchased, so I'm definitely going to play that immediately. A fool and his money are soon parted, undoubtedly. On the plus side, I don't regret a single on of my purchases. So many of my games play a lot easier with gamepad. Dark Souls, Hotline Miami, and Super Meat Boy are all addictive and supremely punishing. Dishonored is dripping with atmosphere and I love it's adjustments on the stealth genre.

Firehead

Got a nice payday last week. I can't stop buying shit. My wishlist has already been cut in half. In the past 4 days I've bought:

Dishonored
Hotline Miami
Super Meat Boy
Dark Souls
And a 360 gamepad for my laptop.

And I already had Hitman Absolution pre-purchased, so I'm definitely going to play that immediately. A fool and his money are soon parted, undoubtedly. On the plus side, I don't regret a single on of my purchases. So many of my games play a lot easier with gamepad. Dark Souls, Hotline Miami, and Super Meat Boy are all addictive and supremely punishing. Dishonored is dripping with atmosphere and I love it's adjustments on the stealth genre.

Guarantee most all of those are going to be on sale for much cheaper during the holiday sale. Slow down with the spending and wait for the holiday sale.

Now is not the time to be buying Steam games that aren't on sale.

justjim89

Guarantee most all of those are going to be on sale for much cheaper during the holiday sale. Slow down with the spending and wait for the holiday sale.

Now is not the time to be buying Steam games that aren't on sale.

To be fair, Super Meat Boy was $2.50 and Dark Souls was like $17. But yeah, no more spending until the Holiday Sale. My backlog is big enough. It was simply a matter of spend money on games or on things that last much shorter and leave me with much more shame. I've few expenses and money has a way of burning a hole in my pocket.

Finished Darksiders on Normal in ~13h. Got about 90% of the collectibles, which is enough for me atm. I might return to it eventually to get the rest but I didn't really feel compelled to do so during my regular playthrough.

Sober

And I doubt it'll come with any DLC XD
Any of the DLC worth getting anyway? For 10$ it might as well be worth the price of admission for SP, a few zombie maps and whoever still plays stock maps? I heard that getting the map packs for MW2 PC wasn't worth it anyway.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Any of the DLC worth getting anyway? For 10$ it might as well be worth the price of admission for SP, a few zombie maps and whoever still plays stock maps? I heard that getting the map packs for MW2 PC wasn't worth it anyway.

I'd argue against the DLC if you hope to make use of it, seeing as today's peak player count for Black Ops MP is less than 5000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom