• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I never played the original. The PC version of Jet Set Radio is 30 fps (like the console versions I believe), but as long as you reboot your computer after installing it, it's smooth and works well. I don't think 30 fps is a show-stopper in this case.

Huh, you have to reboot..that's weird, haha.

tjohn86, the deals forum of course.

Blizzard

Banned
Huh, you have to reboot..that's weird, haha.

tjohn86, the deals forum of course.
Presumably it's because the game installs some crazy driver that spies on you for the Illuminati, I have no idea. But yes, for some people JSR worked fine, and for other people they were like I'M GETTING 8 FPS WHAT IS GOING ON and then once they rebooted everything worked perfectly. It was kind of funny how many people had the problem with the exact same solution.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Presumably it's because the game installs some crazy driver that spies on you for the Illuminati, I have no idea. But yes, for some people JSR worked fine, and for other people they were like I'M GETTING 8 FPS WHAT IS GOING ON and then once they rebooted everything worked perfectly. It was kind of funny how many people had the problem with the exact same solution.

Weird.

Anyway, I have a giftable copy of Starvoid for 'purchasing' the game or something. Quote this and post your Steam ID if you want it. Or PM it to me after quoting it if you wish. Or your email address. lol

http://store.steampowered.com/app/200350/

KarmaCow

The same thing happened with Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes. I was so pissed when the game ran at <5fps on my laptop until I rebooted.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I rebooted and still had some crashes after beating a level :/

Lord of the Rings - War in the North is $3.75 with voucher GMG25-UAAHK-6AI9S on GMG as the daily. Steam redeemable. Sorry if repeated but I didn't see anyone mention it in the thread today.

I was really looking forward to playing this in local co-op with my brother but they took it out for some reason (incompetence). I don't think it'll be any fun solo and while I could buy two copies since we finally have two capable PCs in our household I don't want to support such shit.

pjSKA.gif

$4.99, should be out today.

Why are you doing this to me Paradox? You know I can't buy all these DLCs. I have to save for Winter Sale.

Also again a sale right before the new DLC, as if they want me to never have a complete set.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Today's Daily is 75% off Sol Survivor ($2.49).

Edit: The Tropico 4 guide isn't discounted. Boo!

Edit 2: And neither is any of the Awesomenauts DLC. :( I hope I awake to a better world.

Hidden in this post:

Cogs
Swords & Soldiers HD
Zen Bound 2

Quote to see

How far does the demo go? The game gets very (frustratingly) hard very soon.

Until you reach the attic and thunder strikes the mansion/castle. In what way does it get frustrating?

did you have to quote my awful typo? :(

Until you reach the attic and thunder strikes the mansion/castle. In what way does it get frustrating?

Didn't even catch it, but now it's there for all eternity. :)

It becomes difficult in a way NES games were difficult. You die in one hit, and the boss fights especially are very trial-and-error until you figure out the pattern, and then it's still not very easy to pull off.

Different people have different tolerances for this stuff, but it just stopped being fun at some point. Haven't had the urge to go back to it.
There are positives though, it has a charming artstyle and changes its gameplay mechanics quite drastically every level, so it doesn't get repetitive at all.

The game stutters on my PC though, and I haven't been able to fix it yet which is also very irritating.

didamangi

Hidden in this post:

Cogs
Swords & Soldiers HD
Zen Bound 2

Quote to see

Took Swords & Soldiers HD, thx a lot Glass Rebel!

It becomes difficult in a way NES games were difficult. You die in one hit, and the boss fights especially are very trial-and-error until you figure out the pattern, and then it's still not very easy to pull off.

Ooh, this just made the game shot up on my wishlist, love that kind of game.

Different people have different tolerances for this stuff, but it just stopped being fun at some point. Haven't had the urge to go back to it.
There are positives though, it has a charming artstyle and changes its gameplay mechanics quite drastically every level, so it doesn't get repetitive at all.

The game stutters on my PC though, and I haven't been able to fix it yet which is also very irritating.

I'll probably find out next time it goes on sale :) I don't mind a high difficulty if the checkpoints are as generously spread as in the demo.

Surprised at the stuttering though, it runs smooth as butter on my PC.

evilhomer

Most of the Tropico 4 DLC is kind of not very meaty, with the exception of Modern Times, which includes a full-length campaign.

Was going to ask about the DLC. Looks like I will just skip them except maybe the modern times one since the others don't seem to add much.

Thanks to Gyoru for the heads up in the GMG thread:

Crusader Kings II + most DLC 75% off at GMG. Use GMG25-UAAHK-6AI9S for an additional 25% off. Steam redeemable keys.

I wish that %75 and %25 made 100% in total and I got it for free, but it doesn't. So don't believe to those lies!

And the game got pretty different with recent patches, so try it again if you haven't for a while.

I just noticed that the CK2 map won't change and include Americas, instead the Aztec will come to Europe and kill you in the comfort of your house. You don't have to move at all. I think with Eastern Europe plagued by Mongols and other Hordes they thought this would bring balance by making the easiest regions in game, Ireland and Brittany first targets for Aztec invasion.

Firebrand

Thanks to Gyoru for the heads up in the GMG thread:

Crusader Kings II + most DLC 75% off at GMG. Use GMG25-UAAHK-6AI9S for an additional 25% off. Steam redeemable keys.
Cheers. Don't know whether to grab a bunch of DLC now or see if there'll be another crazy Paradox pack on Amazon during the holiday sales, hmm.

Oh, while there's no % discount on the new DLC Sunset Invasion, it's only $2.99 compared to Steam's $4.99.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom