• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miker

Another shoutout for Sleeping Dogs, the only (or one of the only) open-world game I've ever bothered to finish. It's got a decent story backed up by great characters, a ton of mission variety, and takes place in an interesting location. It's also relatively authentic to HK, if anybody cares about that.

What's the quickest way to get to a game's store page from the library tab in grid mode? The drop down used to have a link for the store page but that's been gone for a while so I've been going to the game hub and getting to the store page from there. Don't know why they're making me jump that hoop.

My first few moments in Sleeping Dogs were like this.

"Why in the name of fuck is everybody driving on the wrong lane?!... oh, this is pretty neat."

Prezhulio

ugh, in for sleeping dogs, goodbye wallet etc....had been putting off buying it, but c'mon, $13.60? i don't even care if it goes lower than that for black friday/xmas sales, it's a steal at that price. it sounds like an awesome game, so i'm pretty pumped.

if xcom and dishonored go down to ~$15 consider them bought as well.

that nfs:mw (even though it's origin) for $20 coming up will probably break my will too :(. on that origin note, where/when was that sub $5 syndicate w/coupon code deal going to happen? can't seem to find it now...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
My first few moments in Sleeping Dogs were like this.

"Why in the name of fuck is everybody driving on the wrong lane?!... oh, this is pretty neat."

Even in US-based games I drive on the left-hand side of the road instinctively, so this little detail was something I didn't notice until I was well into the game.

Miker

Eventually I learned to drive in the left lane, but I don't think I ever got over the mistake of getting into/hijacking cars from the left side.

Jawmuncher

Sleeping Dogs is looking like it aint meant to be.
Trying to pay with paypal and it just refuses to load after the paypal page.
It just sitting there like it's loading.

Went on a kicking spree over what seemed to be obvious lurkers on the most recent giveaways.

If any of you got kicked by mistake let me know, you'll be added asap.

untitled7pkc1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Alienware killed the deals page the minute after I signed up for an Alienware Arena account. Woe is me.

Edit: The page returned, however the discount code wouldn't work, presumably due to Rain DG marking Ravaged down further to $2. Still, a couple of bucks is literally cheap as chips, so I pulled the figurative trigger.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Went on a kicking spree over what seemed to be obvious lurkers on the most recent giveaways.

If any of you got kicked by mistake let me know, you'll be added asap.

On a related but opposite question, I've never joined the GAF steam community but I think I'd like to check it out and see what it's like. How do I go about getting added to the group?

On a related but opposite question, I've never joined the GAF steam community but I think I'd like to check it out and see what it's like. How do I go about getting added to the group?

Just post a link to ur profile here, someone will invite you to it quickly.

frozzted

CDR for "Metro 2033 December giveaway".

Also, interesting to note there's the THQ Humble Bundle, but also a "THQ Action Pack". The action pack is the same, with a couple of more games (beat the average maybe?).

XShagrath

And bought! Thank you for the heads up on the restocking of keys.
No prob. Been updating the page several times an hour today, since Tony said he'd be putting up more codes in the AM.

Just picked up the main game (GOTY) on Sunday and already put in 4 hours. Figured I'd go ahead and buy the rest of the content now. Snagged Gods & Kings a few minutes ago, and Wonders of the Ancient World and Korea a little bit earlier. I think that wraps it up for all the Civ V content currently available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom