• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe you will get a hat!

Serious post: if I get to carry over the DLC and gubbins that was in the Batman bundle into the F2P version, I probably won't mind (e.g. if by "free 2 play" they mean "we're reducing the price of the Steam version to $0.00"). If I have to start again from zero and get no acknowledgement of having bought the thing then I will complain about it.

1-D_FTW

Serious post: if I get to carry over the DLC and gubbins that was in the Batman bundle into the F2P version, I probably won't mind (e.g. if by "free 2 play" they mean "we're reducing the price of the Steam version to $0.00"). If I have to start again from zero and get no acknowledgement of having bought the thing then I will complain about it.

If that's all they do, you won't have to worry about it. Unless they ditch the putrid GFWL (no shooter should ever run on that), nobody is going to bother for free. And you won't be shortchanged by anything.

dani_dc

Hm, good to hear that Virtual Tennis 4 runs well, I've been itching for a Tennis game lately.
I was under the impression it had some issues, or was that about VT2009/regular GFWL issues?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Man, Inversion was pretty much Gears of War with some awesome gameplay twists. The setpieces were a real treat and the plot was surprisingly cool. It's a bummer the dialogue was painfully written and acted.

The visuals look quite splendid at 60 fps, though there is the occassional area that looks rough.

Definitely worth the 10$ and I'm looking forward to playing the campaign with one of my friends down the road.

Gvaz

Banned
Dark Fall Lost Souls

Ghost Master

Shattered Horizon

Say which one you took, if you don't I swear to god:

36c0ev.jpg

HoosTrax

I usually re-install Steam (to make sure whatever icons and registry entries it uses are restored), then copy/overwrite everything using the old Steam folder. Some file in there probably tells Steam what games are installed on the system.

Who has Company of Heroes? I looked at the 3rd party drm list and it says soothing about log-in required. is that only for online or offline as well?

Who has Company of Heroes? I looked at the 3rd party drm list and it says soothing about log-in required. is that only for online or offline as well?

If its like i remember, originally the game had zero DRM, but at some point they added in some login system which you had to login with to play without a CD, or offline with the CD in the drive. However, with the game being on Steam, you basically have to be online, as it will ask you for a non existant disc.

catabarez

Man, Inversion was pretty much Gears of War with some awesome gameplay twists. The setpieces were a real treat and the plot was surprisingly cool. It's a bummer the dialogue was painfully written and acted.

The visuals look quite splendid at 60 fps, though there is the occassional area that looks rough.

Definitely worth the 10$ and I'm looking forward to playing the campaign with one of my friends down the road.

I wish I didn't miss this :( Hopefully it goes on sale again soon.

MRORANGE

just looked at steam greenlight since i didn't know about it. wow that is incredible,valve is so awesome! I am guessing you can ask for old games too right?

A developer can put a game onto Greenlight that got rejected off Steam, so I guess yes, as long as the makers are willing to have it on Steam.

1-D_FTW

I've abandoned Inversion (temporarily) because I've absolutely fallen in love with Darksiders II, but I think it's a really good game too. I don't really like Gears of War (or the clones), but there's something about this game that's different for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom