• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be forever grateful if someone has a spare Saints Row DLC code...

I haven't received one for some reason and have only recently had enough time to play the game so I'll be buying the DLC soon for full price :(

Gala

I haven't received one for some reason and have only recently had enough time to play the game so I'll be buying the DLC soon for full price :(

Add me on Steam. I'll give you mine when I wake up!

MRORANGE

What's you're ID? I have one spare.

Also Portal 2 75% Coupon, if anyon else needs it.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
New connection.

2145103606.png

Feels good. Bring on the bitches!

TIGHT ASS

I concur.

derExperte

Hm, good to hear that Virtual Tennis 4 runs well, I've been itching for a Tennis game lately.
I was under the impression it had some issues, or was that about VT2009/regular GFWL issues?

Haven't noticed anything wrong until now* and I've put 4 hours into it since buying .... 4 hours ago. It's suprisingly great, I loved VT3 but 2009 had a boring career mode and strange ai-oponnents that weren't much fun to play against (too easy or too hard). VT4 on the other hand does everything better, career is fast paced and diverse with lots of options, difficulty just right for me, tons of unlockable stuff and many other modes. Online was fun too and it runs great while looking really good.

*http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2910157 Found this but there seems to be a work around for broken saves.

Hmmmm. Haven't got any Achievements in awhile...

If it helps deciding: I got almost 300 points during my short playtime, there are some very easy ones and most of the rest looks reasonable too.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I'm looking at the Indie Royale bundle, and I really want Shattered Horizon and Anagloue. But at the same time, I don't really want to pay for the other games either and rather just give the 2.50 to each developer...

I hate when they do this to me.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So:

Steam Big Picture Mode: Early September
Steam Greenlight: August 30th

excellent.

That's the beta. Gabe is under strict orders not to release BPM 1.0 until its announcement->release waiting period surpasses that of Half-Life 2.

JaseC

Which will come first: Half-Life 3, Big Picture Mode, or the heat death of the universe?

All three. Just as somebody launches Half-Life 3 via BPM, the universe will die.

Edit: I just noticed I have a -75% Portal 2 coupon that expires at the end of tomorrow. Quote if you want it.

Derrick01

Banned
My trade in/purgatory list is officially the largest category in my library now after I finished moving all of the crummy indie games I bought during sales over (I'm bored). It was already pretty big but it's over 150 games now. If they ever do implement a trade in system I'm going to be rolling in all those $1 credits. Should be enough to get at least 2 $50-$60 games which would be alright with me.

Cool, just noticed that Home is heading to Steam in couple of days, was only $2 from devs site so I would imagine it won't be much more on steam.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/215670/

Awesome! Not a bad game at all, despite it's short length. I actually pre-order that collector's edition and unfortunately when I got it the box was damaged. But the game is good!

There's definitely similarities but Home is more of an adventure game. I've only played through once but I don't think there's any sort of action. It's short, but meant to be played numerous times to see different outcomes.

Awesome! Not a bad game at all, despite it's short length. I actually pre-order that collector's edition and unfortunately when I got it the box was damaged. But the game is good!

There's definitely similarities but Home is more of an adventure game. I've only played through once but I don't think there's any sort of action. It's short, but meant to be played numerous times to see different outcomes.

Definitely. The similarities end at the presentation as both are rather fun an unique experiences that are worthy of trying, especially given how cheap Home is.

LestradeTGQ

Neo Member

LastWindow, if you want a replacement box, email me at support@homehorror.com and I will send you a replacement. I have a few extras. Sorry about the damage.

JaseC

Hmm weird, how are people getting coupons?

The Portal 2 coupons were handed out to then-current owners of Portal 2. I'm not sure what determines one's eligibility for the other coupons. I was hoping for the -50% SR3 DLC coupon myself so I could pick up the couple of new pieces of DLC that have released since the Summer Sale.

Thanks for noticing! The official announcement is going out this morning; I am pretty stoked to see this on Steam.

Also glad to see it on Steam too tis an excellent wee horror adventure game.
Played it with the lights out and earphones on (only way to play horror games) couple of bits made me jump. Fantastic idea with the story too and the way it plays out.
Good luck with Steam coverage.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
The Portal 2 coupons were handed out to then-current owners of Portal 2. I'm not sure what determines one's eligibility for the other coupons. I was hoping for the -50% SR3 DLC coupon myself so I could pick up the couple of new pieces of DLC that have released since the Summer Sale.

Did it expire? Because I have Portal 2 but then didn't check my inventory. When I checked today however no coupons exist.

JaseC

I reinstalled JC2 and I still have the Superman mod. Does anyone know how I am supposed to remove it?

Delete the dropzone and DLC folders in steamapps\common\just cause 2, then have Steam verify the integrity of the game's cache to re-download any DLC you've purchased.

JaseC

Wait, I don't own Microsoft Flight Simulator O:

Steam, at some level, considers every user to own every F2P game on the service due to the lack of an upfront purchase cost. Visit the store page of any F2P game and, although the "You already own ..." notification won't be present, the side menu will show that all your friends own it.

Edit: Despite this, only F2P games that you've added to your account will be factored into your game count.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
So excited for Walking Dead ep3 today. I hope someone will post a head-ups in this thread when it's out on Steam since there's no way in hell I'm clicking in any of the dedicated threads for the game. Some PS3 owners have already played it so the spoiler threat level is in the red right now.

derFeef

Anyone else think that games/stuff popping up in the Steam registriy, spoiling a release, rubs some developers the wrong way? I wonder if they need to change something regarding that system in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom