• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaspode_T

Every time I play just cause 2 I fail to get over how awesome it is. I never "got" the demo when it came out, either. I played a bit but didn't see its genius at the time, and also when I bought it it sat unplayed for ages. Now I'd say it's possibly the best game I've ever played for awesome graphics and pure fun. Not sure why I'm posting this in the steam thread, but it's always like 3 quid in every steam sale. There's a tenuous link for you!

I got it over the Steam summer sale and your post just made me finally give it a try...

I am surprised at how much it feels like Bionic Commando to me, maybe just the first tutorial part is so much like that? Grappling from one place to another...pretty fun to do so

catabarez

just thought i'd mention i found a splitscreen mod for l4d2 that adds it to the menu rather than having to type a bunch of commands in the console every time www.l4dmaps.com/details.php?file=17680 (essential for me, as i play with friends while drinking)

also a question about l4d2, is navigating the main menu with the controller all fucked up for everybody or is it just me? (also navigating to 'exit to the main menu' while in game)

This is good. Is there any way to get this on Portal 2 as well?

inky

Got the new item in inventory notification and I thought I had won something (been watching tons of Dota 2 matches)... turns out it was a stupid SR3 DLC cupon =( feelsbadman.jpg

ngt

Indie Royale is up:
http://www.indieroyale.com/

- Shattered Horizon - Steam
- Analogue: A Hate Story - Steam, DRM Free, Desura (includes OST & DLC)
- Da New Guys - DRM Free, Desura (includes OST)
- Super Amazing Wagon Adventure - DRM Free, Desura
- Waves - Steam, DRM Free, Desura (includes OST)
- MiniFlake - DRM Free, Desura

Some people report that they are getting two keys for Waves

Indie Royale is up:

whooo they just got $10 from me

catabarez

Indie Royale is up:

Just got this. Excited to get home now :p

dot

Miker

Interested in Shattered Horizon and Waves, but I'm not so sure if I'd actually play them. I might sit out on this one.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Indie Royale is up:

Seems like a pretty weak group of games there. Shattered Horizon is the best one but the online community for it is dead.

ngt

Indie Gala is up:
http://www.indiegala.com/

- Dangerous Waters (Steam)
- Battle Mages: Sign Of Darkness (DRM Free)
- Sentinel 3: Homeworld (DRM Free)
- Superstars V8 Racing (DRM Free)

BTA:
- Ghost Master (Steam)
- Dark Fall: Lost Souls (Steam)
- Achtung Panzer: Operation Star (DRM Free)
- Space Empires V (Steam)
- Sacred Gold (Steam)

Walking Dead is the midweek deal.

-40% @ 14.99 (USD)

I'm not going to get time to play this anytime soon. Get it now or will price be consistent in future sales? Especially with other episodes coming out

HoosTrax

Indie Gala is up:
http://www.indiegala.com/

- Dangerous Waters (Steam)
- Battle Mages: Sign Of Darkness (DRM Free)
- Sentinel 3: Homeworld (DRM Free)
- Superstars V8 Racing (DRM Free)

BTA:
- Ghost Master (Steam)
- Dark Fall: Lost Souls (Steam)
- Achtung Panzer: Operation Star (DRM Free)
- Space Empires V (Steam)
- Sacred Gold (Steam)
I think I have most of these already from buying the Strategy First bundle off Steam a few years ago -- Ghost Master doesn't seem to run on Win 7. All of the indie bundles recently have been pretty meh, even Humble Indie due to the Android focus.

louiedog

-40% @ 14.99 (USD)

I'm not going to get time to play this anytime soon. Get it now or will price be consistent in future sales? Especially with other episodes coming out

This is the 2nd or 3rd time it's been this price. I think it's on sale for midweek because the third episode comes out tomorrow. I imagine it will get the same discount or lower when 4 and 5 are released as well. I wouldn't worry about missing out if you wait.

MRORANGE

-40% @ 14.99 (USD)

3rd episode comes out tomorrow, it's a fantastic adventure game, maybe the best work Telltale has done so far and easily a GOTY contender.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Is daily deal Lunar Flight again at 50% now? lol

I guess it's not updated for me yet, just a promo price

Edit: Virtua Tennis 4 75%

Ponn

Banned
So I ordered my new laptop for going back to college, should be here thursday. I got the $350 Asus A53Z Newegg deal. AMD Quadcore 1.5ghz, can overclock to 2.5ghz per core with 4 GB ram. I ordered another 4GB to make it 8 total and it has Radeon HD 6520 apu. Saw vids of people playing Skyrim on low/med settings with it. I'm not planning on doing that, will still do majority of gaming on console but is there anything I should get off Steam that this can run? i like strategy games on laptop, can't find Age of Mythology anywhere for download. My steam acct has Portal 2 already, Dawn of War and Civ 4. I like Alan Wake, think that would run? Is Baldurs Gate Enhanced out yet? I want to pick up DAO U;timate but I know I can get it cheaper than $30 so I will wait for a sale on that.

Oh, already have Walking Dead season pass on PS3.

ShaneB

So I ordered my new laptop for going back to college, should be here thursday. I got the $350 Asus A53Z Newegg deal. AMD Quadcore 1.5ghz, can overclock to 2.5ghz per core with 4 GB ram. I ordered another 4GB to make it 8 total and it has Radeon HD 6520 apu. Saw vids of people playing Skyrim on low/med settings with it. I'm not planning on doing that, will still do majority of gaming on console but is there anything I should get off Steam that this can run? i like strategy games on laptop, can't find Age of Mythology anywhere for download. My steam acct has Portal 2 already, Dawn of War and Civ 4. I like Alan Wake, think that would run? Is Baldurs Gate Enhanced out yet? I want to pick up DAO U;timate but I know I can get it cheaper than $30 so I will wait for a sale on that.

Oh, already have Walking Dead season pass on PS3.

I've got pretty much the same laptop, an Asus K53TA, you can run pretty much everything, so don't worry. Maybe not everything on super duper ultra settings, but it'll run everything.

Wok

I think I have most of these already from buying the Strategy First bundle off Steam a few years ago -- Ghost Master doesn't seem to run on Win 7. All of the indie bundles recently have been pretty meh, even Humble Indie due to the Android focus.

Spirits is good.

Ponn

Banned
I've got pretty much the same laptop, an Asus K53TA, you can run pretty much everything, so don't worry. Maybe not everything on super duper ultra settings, but it'll run everything.

That is awesome to hear, my last two in 8 years have been netbooks that were acceptable but sometimes I would look at steam sales and sigh. And i've been itching to be able to play DAO in all its glory its been hyped up to be.

If it looks and plays games great I may switch my Xcom preorder to Steam.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Did daily deal never change at all? I am seeing Lunar Flight again with the timer restarted! O:

You're insane. Rayman is a perfect game, a gift from the Gods, and you shall burn in hell for eternity for disliking it.

Sorry my sarcasm meter is broken :/

ShaneB

That is awesome to hear, my last two in 8 years have been netbooks that were acceptable but sometimes I would look at steam sales and sigh. And i've been itching to be able to play DAO in all its glory its been hyped up to be.

If it looks and plays games great I may switch my Xcom preorder to Steam.

Yeah, that laptop will handle DA:O no problem. I bought it during the summer sale as well and will get around to playing it sometime. X-com doesn't look like a graphics powerhouse, so I would not worry at all about it on the laptop as well. Basically any current gen games you'll have no issues.

For comparison sake I'm currently playing Guild Wars 2 at framerates usally around 40/45 fps. Recently bought Battlefield 3 as well with the recent deal and no issues with that in Multiplayer. Sure I'm not that picky, but the laptop has surprised me a lot with having a lot of power for a budget gaming laptop.

edit: and since you mentioned Civ 4, it handles Civ V fine as well.

Speevy

Banned
VT4 runs at 60 FPS locked on my integrated graphics card. It uses GFWL, but otherwise it's a good port.

Ranked 113 with over 200 hours of play.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
So guys, does the Walking Dead actually have gameplay, or is it just an interactive story?

It depends on what you mean by gameplay. There a lot of moments you have direct control over your character. I don't know if you played Heavy Rain, but the QTE's are somewhat similar in that they're a little more involved then simple button pushes. There aren't any real puzzles and very few moments that require dexterity, but I felt like I was playing through the experience rather than watching it. I highly recommend it at that price, cannot wait for ep3.

Sajjaja

Bought the IndieRoyale bundle to get Analogue for myself and Shattered Horizon for a friend soo...

Waves key

Took it. Thanks.

It depends on what you mean by gameplay. There a lot of moments you have direct control over your character. I don't know if you played Heavy Rain, but the QTE's are somewhat similar in that they're a little more involved then simple button pushes. There aren't any real puzzles and very few moments that require dexterity, but I felt like I was playing through the experience rather than watching it. I highly recommend it at that price, cannot wait for ep3.

I've heard nothing but good things. How long is each episode approximately?

MRORANGE

Can The Walking Dead run on a 2012 Macbook Air?

PC System Requirements

Minimum:
Processor: 2.0 GHz Pentium 4 or equivalent
Memory: 3 GB RAM
Hard Disk Space: 2 GB Space Free
Video Card: ATI or NVidia card w/ 512 MB RAM (Not recommended for Intel integrated graphics)
DirectX®: Direct X 9.0c
Sound: Direct X 9.0c sound device

Recommended:
Processor: Core 2 Duo 2GHz or equivalent
Memory: 3 GB RAM
Video Card: ATI or NVidia card w/ 1024 MB RAM (Not recommended for Intel integrated graphics)
DirectX®: Direct X 9.0c
Sound: Direct X 9.0c sound device

Mac System Requirements

Minimum:
Processor: 2.3 Ghz Intel
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Video Card: 512 MB NVidia or ATI graphics card
Additional: Not recommended for Intel integrated graphics or Mac Minis or early-generation MacBooks

Recommended:
Processor: Core 2 Duo 2GHz
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Video Card: 1024 MB NVidia or ATI graphics card
Additional: Not recommended for Intel integrated graphics or Mac Minis or early-generation MacBooks

HoosTrax

Yeah, that laptop will handle DA:O no problem. I bought it during the summer sale as well and will get around to playing it sometime.
Couple of tips to save you from some of the headaches I ran into -- if you're not playing a Rogue (you won't have access to an NPC rogue immediately), download the lock bash mod (this game doesn't have the ability to bash open chests, unlike just about any other Bioware game). Also, put some upgrades into the Coercion ability to ensure you have all available options in negotiation conversations.

Having just finished DA:O, I'm kind of reminded why I dislike DLC -- it never seems to integrate seamlessly into the base game, and there's always something that doesn't quite mesh. In this case, many of the items the DLC content adds don't import properly into the Awakening expansion.

Other games have DLCs that immediately give you OP weapons for free right off the bat, or have weapons that have no upgrade paths like the stock weapons (SR3 for example). Just once, I'd like to see some add-on content where I wouldn't be able to tell which part of the game was vanilla and which came from the DLC, unless it was explicitly pointed out to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom