• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

1-D_FTW

I remember impressions and graphics being mediocre, and the multiplayer being dead -- is all that accurate?

I believe you're missing stupid story and very short campaign.

Sadly, I'm mildly intrigued for 5 dollars. 5 dollars is the devil's price point. It's how Gabe gets you.

Activision is jumping onto the Digital Deluxe bandwagon. There is a new entry for a Digital Deluxe version of Black Ops 2. It'll probably be either $69.99 or $79.99.

Nabs

Activision is jumping onto the Digital Deluxe bandwagon. There is a new entry for a Digital Deluxe version of Black Ops 2. It'll probably be either $69.99 or $79.99.

PSN and Steam will get a copy of World at War. I think they are also throwing in the OST and a Nuketown Zombie map. It's going to be $80, which is too damn much.

plc268

Despite what others say, $5 for Homefront is a decent price. It doesn't have the best story in the world, but it's still a little bit entertaining. It goes by quick though.

But yea, for $5, get it if you're interested.

I was one that unfortunately preordered it at $50. Ugh.

flowsnake

What does it mean if a game page doesn't show a price or any way to buy it?

It's doing that for Total War Battles: SHOGUN, and I'm in the UK. I don't actually want it, but I'm curious...

iNvid02

homefront is very average but its worth $5

1dr3e.png
27p2g.png

43q0j.png
6zpme.png

Nabs

What does it mean if a game page doesn't show a price or any way to buy it?

It's doing that for Total War Battles: SHOGUN, and I'm in the UK. I don't actually want it, but I'm curious...

It just means Steam is having a problem with new releases. They Bleed Pixels had no price for about 20 minutes, and now they just reset the timer.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Ehh didn't really like Homefront during its free day.

If Metro comes in dd again, go for it though!

LastWindow, if you want a replacement box, email me at support@homehorror.com and I will send you a replacement. I have a few extras. Sorry about the damage.

Oh, it's no big deal at all. But thank you for offering! It's cool you're on here and I'm glad Home is coming to Steam. Definitely deserves more attention.

Homefront is the daily @ $5 (75% off).

Bought. I've been patiently waiting for this to hit $5. Can't be that bad for the price, right....

nyong

Banned
Homefront is the daily @ $5 (75% off).
The single-player campaign is insultingly bad. The gameplay is standard CoD whack-a-mole stuff, but the story actually pissed me off. Mass graves, children shot in front of their children...all of it handled in the most blatantly manipulative and juvenile way possible.

Fuck that game.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
The single-player campaign is insultingly bad. The gameplay is standard CoD whack-a-mole stuff, but the story actually pissed me off. Mass graves, children shot in front of their children...all of it handled in the most blatantly manipulative and juvenile way possible.

Fuck that game.

So from the writer of Red Dawn :p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So guys I have €50 in my steam wallet atm. Should I buy something or should I keep it for the games that come out in the fall?

Test your will and save it for Half-Life 3.

Edit: Get out of my head, Mr. Rebel. Dishonored was going to be my serious answer!

justjim89

A few days ago when I had a spare $50 I tried to pre-purchase Hitman:Absolution, but it seems you can't actually pre-purchase it anywhere but the Steam website. Thought things might be funny, so I held off.

Nabs

Penny Arcade's OtRSPoD 3 is 3 bucks all week. The CSTW & BoD pack is 50% off. http://store.steampowered.com/news/8752/

I really enjoyed all 3 games. This is a great deal.

A few days ago when I had a spare $50 I tried to pre-purchase Hitman:Absolution, but it seems you can't actually pre-purchase it anywhere but the Steam website. Thought things might be funny, so I held off.

If you still want it, GMG has it for 36 with DERHE-RRDER-RINGE

garath

Dishonored.

Test your will and save it for Half-Life 3.

Edit: Get out of my head, Mr. Rebel. Dishonored was going to be my serious answer!

As much as I want Dishonored, the $60 pricetag without even so much as a 10% pre-order discount has turned me off it. I don't have the budget for $60 games when I'm getting fantastic games release day for $35-$40 (Sleeping dogs, Borderlands 2) and still have a nice backlog I haven't touched. If it was even $50 I'd buy it. But for now it gets to wait until the first sale.

1-D_FTW

Fuck that game.

Not bothered by anything else you said, but the bolded is enough to turn me away. Tsk, tsk, Gabe. Not this time. Try again in two months.

As much as I want Dishonored, the $60 pricetag without even so much as a 10% pre-order discount has turned me off it. I don't have the budget for $60 games when I'm getting fantastic games release day for $35-$40 (Sleeping dogs, Borderlands 2) and still have a nice backlog I haven't touched. If it was even $50 I'd buy it. But for now it gets to wait until the first sale.

DERHE-RRDER-RINGE

use it on GreenManGaming. 48$

nexen

Homefront:
The
parents shot in front of their child
bit gets me every fucking time. It stings too much for me to say I think it's a good moment but it certainly cemented the game in my mind for all eternity.
Gameplay is good imho, campaign is ok, if a bit short and it just abruptly ends without real closure. Graphics are decent. Definitely worth that price.

edit: That spoiler'd bit made me angry enough at the enemies to really enjoy killing them the whole game, so I guess it worked. I could see how some people would immediately transfer their distaste past the enemies right to the developers though.

garath

DERHE-RRDER-RINGE

use it on GreenManGaming. 48$

Oooh.. thanks for that. The only reason I might not is because I have a good chunk of money tied up in steam wallet thanks to trading in a bunch of stuff to Gamestop. I may pull the trigger at $48 despite that though.

Not sure if this is the right thread or not, but I'm in a rush.

Walking Dead - is the £12.95 price for ALL episodes? The description mentions a Season Pass, but I don't see any other way to pay, like per episode.

Secondly, I've no idea if my laptop can run it well. Can the graphics be tweaked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom