• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought some things, Steam froze after I clicked the button to finalize the purchase and I had to end it through Task Manager. I restart, see the items still in my cart, check my bank account and see a pending transaction for them, and I didn't get an e-mail. I contacted support but was wondering if this has happened to anyone else, and if so, what the outcome was. Did it not really go through and the pending charge will go away?

MRORANGE

I bought some things, Steam froze after I clicked the button to finalize the purchase and I had to end it through Task Manager. I restart, see the items still in my cart, check my bank account and see a pending transaction for them, and I didn't get an e-mail. I contacted support but was wondering if this has happened to anyone else, and if so, what the outcome was. Did it not really go through and the pending charge will go away?

You should contact Steam immediately, most likely a refund will be given, but just notify them about the situation. Often the client has frozen on me for payment, I usually let it hang and it recovers

do.not.chargeback

You should contact Steam immediately, most likely a refund will be given, but just notify them about the situation. Often the clinet has frozen on me for payment, I usually let it hang and it recovers

do.not.chargeback

I let it sit for almost ten minutes before I decided to check it on Task Manager and it said it wasn't responding. Part of the purchase was for Homefront so I'd like it to get resolved today, though I know it won't happen.

I guess it's a sign I shouldn't buy it lol

MRORANGE

I let it sit for almost ten minutes before I decided to check it on Task Manager and it said it wasn't responding. Part of the purchase was for Homefront so I'd like it to get resolved today, though I know it won't happen.

I guess it's a sign I shouldn't buy it lol

Yeah I would totally recommend avoiding that game, this is what one of my friends had to say about the game:

i1Mn1HyrZV9Qy.png

Blizzard

Banned
This is a case where the slow Steam support time is a pretty big negative though, since by the time they get back to you it may be 3 days later and you probably won't get the discount. You could purchase a gift copy at the gift price, email it to yourself, and wait to redeem it until after support fixes things.

That's quite the pace to play the game at.
How long did it take you to complete normal? I've heard the singleplayer is generally pretty short.

*edit* Thanks for the link below. Weird that someone would say lower, since presumably most people are playing on normal. Maybe they were just crazy.

Yeah I would totally recommend avoiding that game, this is what one of my friends had to say about the game:

i1Mn1HyrZV9Qy.png

Haha, I've got nothing but bad recommendations on my end also. Still, $5 for a few hours doesn't seem so bad.

This is a case where the slow Steam support time is a pretty big negative though, since by the time they get back to you it may be 3 days later and you probably won't get the discount. You could purchase a gift copy at the gift price, email it to yourself, and wait to redeem it until after support fixes things.

Yeah, that's not a bad idea. I may just buy it again and if they put a copy of it in my inventory I'll just give it away.

The best thing about Homefront is that when you have finished it, you will be extremely happy that it only wasted 3 hours of your life and not any more than that.

feel

gtx 690 + 120hz monitor + Crysis 2 + Maldo 3.0b HD textures and tweaks = Holy shit my eyes they melt!! Looks so amazing, best visuals I've ever seen.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

i1Mn1HyrZV9Qy.png

Homefront is a total piece of shit, but a normal playthrough (at least on the 360 version) took me 4 hours, not 1. I know it was 4 hours, because 5 hours passed on the clock and I had to shovel snow in the middle of it.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
No one's having any luck giving away their 75% off Portal 2 coupons, are they? Haha...ha.

Well, if there are any interested lurkers hiding out there drop me a line...

Gone! You know who you are and I hope you enjoy it.

Aselith

Why did the launch iOS Shogun on Steam? We already gots a better one!

Edit: Oh shit, it's hexbased. Heroes of Total and War? Bought.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Homefront is a total piece of shit, but a normal playthrough (at least on the 360 version) took me 4 hours, not 1. I know it was 4 hours, because 5 hours passed on the clock and I had to shovel snow in the middle of it.

It has less advertising for energy drinks and cheap burgers, I'll tell you that much.

hahaha ICE COLD.

I still have a portal 2 coupon if anyone wants it.

If you want to right click the left click your way through something, you'll probably knock a fiver's worth out of it. It'll also make you appreciate CoD's single player campaigns a whole lot more.

Started playing RAGE, at the mission where
you're looking for parts for your buggy
and... I like it. I'm not sure what people's issues with the game were but I wanted a shooter with good encounters and satisfying shooting mechanics and I got that I think. We'll see whether it stays that way.

Also, I know, LOL GREH ND BRAWN but this game is beautiful.

Ahhh, finally got my GPU back from RMA. Time to play some motherfucking PC games again. I said damn at all the updates from games on Steam when you're out for 20 days.

Started playing RAGE, at the mission where
you're looking for parts for your buggy
and... I like it. I'm not sure what people's issues with the game were but I wanted a shooter with good encounters and satisfying shooting mechanics and I got that I think. We'll see whether it stays that way.

Also, I know, LOL GREH ND BRAWN but this game is beautiful.
My problem with the game stems less from the shooting and more from the health regen. The game is just so coddling by letting you regen, revive (and upgrade that to revive twice), and use bandages. If they took out the regen and reviving and kept it strictly to bandaging then the game would've been far more engaging to play.

eyeless

friend didn't want it so if anyone wants a 75% off portal 2 coupon post in this thread to claim it then pm me your steam id

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom