• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

iNvid02

Steam Greenlight is live and I already threw in my support for McPixel.

http://steamcommunity.com/greenlight

PIIIINBAAALLLLLL
KuGsj.gif

ShaneB

Greenlight is looking to be pretty awesome, but I think I'll feel bad when a game doesn't get accepted :( It's like they're so close to being on Steam!

Blizzard

Banned
Sometimes to an audience unready to accept the searing truth revealed through the satire, unable to accept the farce that is fact.

Or is just needlessly pedantic.
Most of your posts may be joking, but I am just pointing out that I don't think the people who say quote for codes are doing it just because they want people to respond to something they're written. I could be wrong -- do you think they do it just for the attention, so people will quote their posts?

MNC

Any UI/button in Steam's menu that goes to Greenlight? I have to go through Workshop/Store page at the moment, which isn't that handy.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Most of your posts may be joking, but I am just pointing out that I don't think the people who say quote for codes are doing it just because they want people to respond to something they're written. I could be wrong -- do you think they do it just for the attention, so people will quote their posts?

That's a really weird way to interpret the joke.

It's a play off people saying "quote this for a key," where they are giving you something, but instead I'm saying quote this and I'll give you nothing (or, more explicitly, you'll only get what the quote button usually gets you and not a free game).

Blizzard

Banned
That's a really weird way to interpret the joke.

It's a play off people saying "quote this for a key," where they are giving you something, but instead I'm saying quote this and I'll give you nothing (or, more explicitly, you'll only get what the quote button usually gets you and not a free game).
We should start giving away stuff but not saying anything at all, so everyone will have to hunt through the message source for email tags.

It'll be the great fall treasure hunt of 2012.

We should start giving away stuff but not saying anything at all, so everyone will have to hunt through the message source for email tags.

It'll be the great fall treasure hunt of 2012.

I've been thinking of doing this a lot lately. Just hiding keys in a boring post no one would ever quote, then a week later telling people that you hid a key somewhere in your post history and giving hints on the exact post.

Maybe I've already done that.
I didn't.

Wok

I've been thinking of doing this a lot lately. Just hiding keys in a boring post no one would ever quote, then a week later telling people that you hid a key somewhere in your post history and giving hints on the exact post.

Maybe I've already done that.
I didn't.

I actually quote every post. Just in case.

It just hit me that you can communicate through the email tags without unregistered people noticing.
I don't know why you'd want to do that though.

Now I'm clicking on the quote button for every single post. STOP IT.

If people put Portal 2 additional maps from the workshop, it is going to be a mess.

[url]http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=92930064[/url][/QUOTE]

...and with a "canonical" approach to the story. Yeah, that'll work out.

Also, does anyone else think that Greenlight might push the prices down (as lower quality games gets accepted onto Steam) and we'll soon have an App Store situation on our hands?

Also, does anyone else think that Greenlight might push the prices down (as lower quality games gets accepted onto Steam) and we'll soon have an App Store situation on our hands?

No, the games that get approved will probably either be priced like any other indie game that's released on Steam or Valve will have a special section for the games that were approved on there for the prices to be lower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom