• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be careful what you wish for, SteamGAF...

O shiznit, how could you? I got it though lol, thanks.

Steam Friend's review:
"Do NOT recommend. A mediocre puzzle game and one of the worst I've ever played. I got almost all the achievements so I gave it a good shot. Every level is the same in that you draw lines over adjacent jelly cubes of the same color to make them disappear and to fill up a gauge to move on to the next level.

By matching cubes you score points and there is also a "goal" color displayed you should match to increase your score multiplier, and in tetris fashion you're shown what color is coming up next. The only problem is your score is pretty meaningless since there are no leaderboards. Difficulty never ramps up and the game remains far too easy and repetitive. Not even a timed mode or any challenges or unlockables. AVOID."

Wok

O shiznit, how could you? I got it though lol, thanks.

Steam Friend's review:
"Do NOT recommend. A mediocre puzzle game and one of the worst I've ever played. I got almost all the achievements so I gave it a good shot. Every level is the same in that you draw lines over adjacent jelly cubes of the same color to make them disappear and to fill up a gauge to move on to the next level.

By matching cubes you score points and there is also a "goal" color displayed you should match to increase your score multiplier, and in tetris fashion you're shown what color is coming up next. The only problem is your score is pretty meaningless since there are no leaderboards. Difficulty never ramps up and the game remains far too easy and repetitive. Not even a timed mode or any challenges or unlockables. AVOID."

Ahah! Lucid.

iNvid02

ah, xelios said it sucks so i dont feel bad anymore
KuGsj.gif

What will it be this time!? Will it be Skyrim!? Dark Souls!? Or the permanent stain of Lucid.

Put that key in your mouth and pull the trigger, GAF.

So Adventures of Shuggy is tons of fun, lots of variety in the gameplay and a decent amount of content to play around with (almost done, 6 hours played). But the PC version is fairly unstable, random crashes when switching to full screen or trying to alt tab away from the game. This happened to me second away from beating the last level I had to finish, which I had been attempting for quite a while. Just when I think I have the game beaten...
Off to play the new Walking Dead Episode, I guess.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Just finished Adam's Venture Episode 2. Shit is getting real, plot-wise. I can't wait to dig into episode 3 this weekend.

Oh yeah, feels good man:

2proxxudx.jpg

Finally made it off Taris and am on Dantooine. Knights of the Old Republic definitely doesn't hold up as well as The Sith Lords for my money, the writing and dialogue just aren't as well done and the canned character interactions are weird. I don't remember these moments where you're forced to stop playing the game and just listen to the back and forth of your two party members or how the game will nag you to stop and talk with a party member.

What's funny is characters in your party generally don't take issue if you do something against their alignment. Both Carth and Bastilla lean heavily to the lightside, yet they were more than eager to help me gun/cut down a helpless waitress or merchant for a petty bounty, without any complaints. A few rare times Carth complained (breaking into apartments on Taris) or even interceded (stopped me from killing a waitress in the Vulkar's hideout) but for the most part they go along for the ride.

So Adventures of Shuggy is tons of fun, lots of variety in the gameplay and a decent amount of content to play around with (almost done, 6 hours played). But the PC version is fairly unstable, random crashes when switching to full screen or trying to alt tab away from the game. This happened to me second away from beating the last level I had to finish, which I had been attempting for quite a while. Just when I think I have the game beaten...
Off to play the new Walking Dead Episode, I guess.

I beat every level and never had a crash, but also played in a window and never alt-tabbed.

VandalD

It's too bad they don't have a reliable way of stopping people from posting games they didn't make on Greenlight. Some people put up Spelunky and friggin' Happy Wheels. Oh well. Visibility for all these games I've never even heard of outweighs that crap.

Edit: Oh, there's a Greenlight thread. Oops.

Burekma

Sup guys.

So, I was looking at the Dota 2 website, saw the new spectator client thingy, and even though I'm in the beta, I thought, what the hell, lets install it just for shits and giggles. I proceed to click the install link.

So Steam starts booting up, everything fine, logs me in automatically... and then this happens:

steam_marketplace4ypmi.png

No no, it's not a problem, I just click on anything and the UI repairs itself. But notice the "marketplace" button under community? Has Valve ever said anything about doing a community driven marketplace for, say, in-game items? It could totally be that. :eek:

Or it could be absolutely nothing at all.

What do you guys think? Nothing happens if I click it, btw.

Speevy

Banned
Hey guys, I wanted to get a general idea about the demand for the Steam Paradox bundles Amazon does?

Like the Plethora of Paradox games. Do people really like these games?

Twie

Is there a new Steam Badge for rating x amount of Greenlight games or something?
I'm on my phone do I can't check right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom