• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miker

What difficulty is best for the Space Marine campaign?

Normal. Any higher and the game will probably lose its power fantasy feel. Also, melee-only is okay at first, but as the game goes on, play the game as a shooter. You don't have the health to go wading into mobs later on.

1-D_FTW

I'll give Gotham City a download. It has Steam achievements, so I'm operating on the belief they've ditched the Live non-sense. If not, it'll be deleted immediately.

Yousefb

New to Steam and I'm trying to play Left 4 Dead 2 but it keeps saying steam server is too busy to load the game. Is that a common thing?

Nabs

I'll give Gotham City a download. It has Steam achievements, so I'm operating on the belief they've ditched the Live non-sense. If not, it'll be deleted immediately.

The DLC store page says it uses VAC...

I feel like I'm being trolled. The download is almost done.

Normal. Any higher and the game will probably lose its power fantasy feel. Also, melee-only is okay at first, but as the game goes on, play the game as a shooter. You don't have the health to go wading into mobs later on.

Is the game balanced at all on higher difficulties? I'm not too crazy about the power trippin', I just enjoy the mythology a bit. And if it's a good challenge on hard then I'll give it a go.

New to Steam and I'm trying to play Left 4 Dead 2 but it keeps saying steam server is too busy to load the game. Is that a common thing?

Try restarting Steam.

Mrbob

I'm looking at the page now and it seems GFWL has been ripped out? Everything suggests this new release is now fully Steamworks. Check it out and let us know!

1-D_FTW

Not really. I seem to remember this happening to me when I needed to verify the files.

oh i thought it was end of this month, i'll be back

Early September was the quote. So another 3 weeks or so?

I'm looking at the page now and it seems GFWL has been ripped out? Everything suggests this new release is now fully Steamworks. Check it out and let us know!

Will do. But it looks like Nabs has the jump on me.

snack

I have a problem with Steam...

I get "Steam has stopped working" error message a few seconds after logging in.

Never got this before. Haven't installed anything new either. Restarted computer and it's still happening. WTF...

I have a problem with Steam...

I get "Steam has stopped working" error message a few seconds after logging in.

Never got this before. Haven't installed anything new either. Restarted computer and it's still happening. WTF...

Have you tried deleting clientregistry.blob yet?

MRORANGE

bR2xI.png

Walking Dead: Episode 3 is so awesome it's also very depressing.

1-D_FTW

Was half expecting it to be uplay exclusive.

- Explore the dark, atmospheric post-apocalyptic world in higher resolutions and sharper graphics, with fully customizable graphics settings.

- Fully configurable mouse, keyboard and game pad support to play the way you like.

This made me chuckle a little. Such a state we live in when these have to be pointed out as PC enhancements.

EDIT: Damn. Ubi writes some good copy in their game descriptions. Check out this blurb from Blood Good Time:

Running on the Valve’s Source engine, Bloody Good Time comes from the same pedigree of classic, online multiplayer shooters such as Half-Life, Team Fortress and Counter-Strike.

MRORANGE

I really can't get behind I Am Alive, I would honestly just wait for a sale:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/11/23/i-am-alive-dev-dismisses-bitching-pc-users/#more-83426

“We’ve heard loud and clear that PC gamers are bitching about there being no version for them,” said Mettra. “But are these people just making noise just because there’s no version or because it’s a game they actually want to play? Would they buy it if we made it?

“It’s hard because there’s so much piracy and so few people are paying for PC games that we have to precisely weigh it up against the cost of making it. Perhaps it will only take 12 guys three months to port the game to PC, it’s not a massive cost but it’s still a cost. If only 50,000 people buy the game then it’s not worth it.”

”

camerooni

Neo Member
I really can't get behind I Am Alive, I would honestly just wait for a sale:

I also refuse to buy a game with a pointless AusTax inflation (unless I buy direct from another store that gives me the equivalent price) when I'm buying from a US company in USD over the internet - My USD are just as valid as an American's USD.

Hawk SE

Can anyone get on Steam?

"Steam is temporarily unavailable, please try again later"

It seems to be trying to update the client, too. I don't see any updates for maintenance...?

EDIT: Seems fine now. It updated and loaded.

Nabs

Can anyone get on Steam?

"Steam is temporarily unavailable, please try again later"

It seems to be trying to update the client, too. I don't see any updates for maintenance...?

I had the same problem but now it seems to be working.

Hawk SE

So I own Gotham City Imposters (only paid $7.50 for it), now I also have GCI Free-to-Play:

qBTXt.png

Will the real Gotham City Imposters please stand up?

Nabs

Impostors is pretty fun. I played 2 rounds and had a good time. Matchmaking was much better than it was in GFWL.

So I own Gotham City Imposters (only paid $7.50 for it), now I also have GCI Free-to-Play:
Will the real Gotham City Imposters please stand up?
I'm really confused by what they're doing. Surely they can't maintain two versions of the game? If they kill off the paid version, all of the people who put hundreds of hours into it and paid for the DLC etc are going to be mighty pissed. If they keep it, they're separating their community.

I paid for the game, I put a fair chunk of time into it. I don't want to see that thrown away. If they could tie my level/stats to my Warner Brother's ID as opposed to my gamertag and carry them across, I'd be happier about the move to F2P.

masterkajo

short question: when i buy dishonored PC retail I can still activate it on steam, right? no non-steam version around, i hope.

(got a good deal at my local gaming store and want to pre-order, asap)

Miker

Is the game balanced at all on higher difficulties? I'm not too crazy about the power trippin', I just enjoy the mythology a bit. And if it's a good challenge on hard then I'll give it a go.

I didn't play it on hard, so I can't speak for that difficulty, but honestly it could get overwhelming at times on normal if you didn't prioritize enemies and play with some caution.

I watched a Quick Look a few months ago, and it looked pretty fun. I may check it out.

The austax is a shame and I already own it on PSN. I'm also assuming the PC port is decent.

However that all said I strongly recommend the game. The atmosphere is great and it doesn't outstay it's welcome. It reminded me of silent hill (one of the good ones) in that constant brooding sense of despair and dread. Some of the mechanics can feel a little clunky at times, but they work well more often than not.

camerooni

Neo Member
So uhh.. to look completely ignorant.. how does Greenlight work - do I give the item a 'thumbs up' or a 'favourite'.. how does one actually vote yay or nay on these things? The FAQ didn't really answer my question :/

Edit.. oh wait - I think you need to 'favourite'

Also - there is not enough info on these pages - they should be forced to list current status: released on x platform, needs converting from other platform, in alpha/beta etc. dream in the developers eye.. cos there is just not enough info for a lot of the crap listed (no offence to anyone who has their stuff up there).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom