• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
So it looks like Gabe is not at the Dota 2 International championships, this can only mean one thing.

iAWSDXam66KJo.jpg

He was there. All limbs intact, too. :)

Aaron

I just played through Home. It's short but incredible (and also replayable). It has an intense atmosphere for a game without enemies of any kind. There's also a lot of nice little touches, like scaring away bats when you raise the flashlight, and the subtle sounds of the various locations. Well worth the price of admission.

I just played through Home. It's short but incredible (and also replayable). It has an intense atmosphere for a game without enemies of any kind. There's also a lot of nice little touches, like scaring away bats when you raise the flashlight, and the subtle sounds of the various locations. Well worth the price of admission.

Yeah, I really liked those little touches as you mention. I've been wanting to play through it again and again but I'm waiting for October so I can make it one of my Halloween games.

Blizzard

Banned
Ahh I see.

Darn, I guess categorizing them is pointless.
If you make sure to close Steam cleanly before shutting down your computer, I think you have a much better option of keeping categories though. And I -think- there's some way to back them up by copying a certain file, but I don't know the details offhand.

Kaptain Brawe: A Brawe New World was part of the current Be Mine 4 indie bundle, but they replaced it with another game because of the Steam and gamergate promotions. I just received the bundle as a gift so I luckily already have the game. I haven't played it yet, but it looks neat!

Wok

is this ok?

I don't know if it ok, but it is obviously orange.

Kaptain Brawe: A Brawe New World was part of the current Be Mine 4 indie bundle, but they replaced it with another game because of the Steam and gamergate promotions. I just received the bundle as a gift so I luckily already have the game. I haven't played it yet, but it looks neat!

Thanks for the info. They never send emails to tell customers about this. I have been to my page and I have both the game you mention and the new one! Plus I have seen you can get nice things for $5 (Dwarfs! and a comic book).

LestradeTGQ

Neo Member

Glad to hear you dug it.

Ledsen

To protect your categories:

Edit: Non-Steam shortcuts are also saved in the file. I myself only use categories to distinguish between Steam and non-Steam games.

I'm pretty sure that for categories you're supposed to back up the steam/userdata/id/7 folder.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Stump said he'd discuss it with the staff because neither the list nor the games are officially affiliated with GAF. We'll see.

I don't personally see a problem because many of the GAF Steam groups use the logo, but I just don't want to speak out of turn. I am but a lowly servant of the empire.

Picked up The Basement Collection earlier. Couldn't pass that up.

Spent the next 2.2 hours with Meat Boy and here's my result:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/hispanicguy/stats/TheBasementCollection?tab=achievements

I haven't touched the other games in this collection yet lol. I'll do that later tonight.

I was craving more Meat Boy after getting 100% on the XBLA version. Very frustrating game but the level of satisfaction I feel is HUGE.

Meat Boy alone was worth the money. Cannot wait to play the other games.

deejay

Ok, guys, I have some free Steam keys to give away.

One per person, just quote what you'd like to have together with your Steam ID (if it's incorrect I move on to the next one, so make sure it's correct)

cthulhu saves the world
la noire
breath of fire vii
the ship 2-pack
1000 amps
the void
ben there, dan that + time gentlemen please
gemini rue
bad rats
beat hazard
pixeljunk eden
auditorium
nuclear dawn
harvest
airmech beta
hamilton
oddworld (don't ask me which one, could be the collection)
commandos collection (4 seperate keys)
cargo
trauma
puzzle agent
space rangers
dead to spies + moment of truth
king's bounty
theatre of war africa
guns of icarus

Also have coupons for Nexuiz 4-pack (75% off) and Portal 2 (75%).

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

One per person, just quote what you'd like to have together with your Steam ID (if it's incorrect I move on to the next one, so make sure it's correct)

trauma

Stumpokapow
http://steamcommunity.com/id/stumpo/

Thank you very much. I already own it on 360, but I like to rebuy games on PC so that five years from now I'll actually be able to play them. D'oh, beaten to LA Noire. I'll take Trauma then.

D3RANG3D

cthulhu saves the world
la noire
breath of death vii
the ship 2-pack (2x)
1000 amps
the void (2x)

gemini rue
bad rats
beat hazard
pixeljunk eden
auditorium
nuclear dawn
harvest
airmech beta
hamilton
cargo
trauma
puzzle agent
space rangers
king's bounty
theatre of war africa
guns of icarus

I'll take been there Dan that + time gentlemen please.

Thanks!

factorone

Neo Member

cthulhu saves the world
la noire
breath of death vii
the ship 2-pack (2x)
1000 amps
the void (2x)
gemini rue
bad rats
beat hazard
pixeljunk eden
auditorium
nuclear dawn
harvest
airmech beta
hamilton
cargo
trauma
puzzle agent
space rangers
king's bounty
theatre of war africa
guns of icarus

auditorium?

steamid: http://steamcommunity.com/id/factorone

Thanks!!

Majeh

king's bounty

Majeh007

Oh, and I had a copy of Magicka: The Stars are Left, quote for the key

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom