• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapstah

Oh, fuck. I knew Bad Rats was bad, but this is unforgivable. It's offensively bad, even in the parts where it's not directly trying to be offensive. Every single puzzle seems to be solvable with random physics glitches and obvious tricks like dropping stuff at bad angles. The highest resolution is 1280-something, the game won't tell you what the width is. It looks like really good CG looked in 1994.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, fuck. I knew Bad Rats was bad, but this is unforgivable. It's offensively bad, even in the parts where it's not directly trying to be offensive. Every single puzzle seems to be solvable with random physics glitches and obvious tricks like dropping stuff at bad angles. The highest resolution is 1280-something, the game won't tell you what the width is. It looks like really good CG looked in 1994.

This is pretty much how everyone feels.

"It can't be THAT bad!"

Then it IS. I'm one of them, you're one of them...and hundreds of others who bought it thinking the same thing.

MRORANGE

Apart from games by Valve or sold in Humble Indie Bundles, are there games which could run under Linux and are sold on Steam for Windows/Mac only?

I think Serious Sam 3 is coming, I would have said any games under ID, but that they are owned by Zenimax now.

Just expect Indie and Valve games mostly.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, it's bad. But in my opinion:

Hammerfight
Orion Dino Beatdown
Revelations 2012
Eternity's Child

are far worse :p

Hammerfight is worse? I own that. Now I need to try it.

HoosTrax

So that wasn't just me then. Praise Jebus :)
The game definitely has a nice style and look about it, but yeah, the execution was lacking. Can you imagine if that game was remade for Wii? I'm trying to imagine all of the shattered TV screens and broken noses.

Hammerfight is worse? I own that. Now I need to try it.
I absolutely loved hammerfight, adjust the sensitivity so that you barely have circle your mouse then after a while you'll get used to building a little momentum before smashing your opponent to bits. Such satisfying game play.

DTKT

They really need to implement a "tab" system for the Steam client. If you want to me to spend all my time inside the client, let me open several "pages" at once, like it would be a browser.

For Greenlight, I would simply "middle mouse button" on all the games I find interesting and just switch tabs to vote on them.

Steam client navigation is really awkward. :(

DukeBobby

Ok, guys, I have some free Steam keys to give away.

One per person, just quote what you'd like to have together with your Steam ID (if it's incorrect I move on to the next one, so make sure it's correct)

cthulhu saves the world
la noire
breath of death vii
the ship 2-pack
1000 amps
the void
ben there, dan that + time gentlemen please
gemini rue
bad rats
beat hazard
pixeljunk eden
auditorium
nuclear dawn
harvest
airmech beta
hamilton
oddworld (don't ask me which one, could be the collection)
commandos collection (4 seperate keys)
cargo
trauma
puzzle agent
space rangers
dead to spies + moment of truth
king's bounty
theatre of war africa
guns of icarus

Also have coupons for Nexuiz 4-pack (75% off) and Portal 2 (75%).

I'll have theatre of war africa :)

DukeBobby

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Many thanks, was waiting for a nice deal, this is even less than I was willing to pay. Works with addresses and credit cards from outside the UK btw, you just have to fake the postal code.
When I press "Buy download", it tells me "Sorry, due to region restrictions, this product cannot be sold in your country."

How can I buy it from outside USA, Canada and Mexico?

eyeless

One per person, just quote what you'd like to have together with your Steam ID (if it's incorrect I move on to the next one, so make sure it's correct)

cthulhu saves the world
la noire
breath of death vii
the ship 2-pack
1000 amps
the void
gemini rue
bad rats
beat hazard
pixeljunk eden
auditorium
nuclear dawn
harvest
airmech beta
hamilton
cargo
trauma
puzzle agent
space rangers
king's bounty
theatre of war africa
guns of icarus

could i get ben there dan that + and if not then breath of death would be cool too http://steamcommunity.com/id/eyele/

They really need to implement a "tab" system for the Steam client. If you want to me to spend all my time inside the client, let me open several "pages" at once, like it would be a browser.

For Greenlight, I would simply "middle mouse button" on all the games I find interesting and just switch tabs to vote on them.

Steam client navigation is really awkward. :(

I'd Greenlight it.

I can't get used to Meat Boy on a mechanical board, but that's probably because I have blue switches. Tomorrow I should spend some time with JoyToKey and maybe even get the controls as tight as SMB, ho ho! Or die trying.

Been without power the last few days because of Hurricane Issac, has there been an update for big picture modes releases date? Is it still just early Sept?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Been without power the last few days because of Hurricane Issac, has there been an update for big picture modes releases date? Is it still just early Sept?

Yeah, there's been no further clarification. The beta should launch within the next week or two, but this is Valve we're talking about. ;)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

cthulhu saves the world
la noire
breath of death vii
the ship 2-pack
1000 amps
the void
gemini rue
bad rats
beat hazard
pixeljunk eden
auditorium
nuclear dawn
harvest
airmech beta
hamilton
cargo
trauma
puzzle agent
space rangers
king's bounty
theatre of war africa
guns of icarus

Breath of Death?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/growlingwolf/

JaseC

Scarygirl is $5 over at Amazon.

I made the mistake of buying Alpha Prime, which I thought was a code but instead is a download. Oops. At least I wasted only $1.70.

Edit:
Okay, thanks!

I was actually wrong about that. Shortcuts.vdf just contains non-Steam shortcuts; as Ledsen pointed out, categories are stored in userdata\[user id]\7\remote\sharedconfig.vdf. But my post wasn't entirely useless -- at least you know what to back up if you ever have non-Steam shortcuts. :p

Hey LestradeTGQ, I "beat" Home. I really enjoyed it. You did a good job. But now I'm looking around your website and it says the steam edition gets a pdf with it and I should look in it... So where is it? I've looked in the steamapps folder for it and it's not there.

JaseC

Quote for a Dwarfs!? key and a Kaptain Brawe: A Brawe New World key (which I didn't even realise was in the BM4 bundle and so I purchased it last night from Steam for $5, like the fool that I am).

Nabs

Quote for a Dwarfs!? key and a Kaptain Brawe: A Brawe New World key (which I didn't even realise was in the BM4 bundle and so I purchased it last night from Steam for $5, like the fool that I am).

I think I grabbed the second one. I'm not sure why I did, but I'll check it out.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Edit:
I was actually wrong about that. Shortcuts.vdf just contains non-Steam shortcuts; as Ledsen pointed out, categories are stored in userdata\[user id]\7\remote\sharedconfig.vdf. But my post wasn't entirely useless -- at least you know what to back up if you ever have non-Steam shortcuts. :p

Yeah it's still helpful :p

vall03

do you guys think that Dawnguard would be on sale within the next few months? How long is it anyway compared to Shivering Isles?

I think the Borderlands 2 season pass DLC is priced incorrectly on the Steam Store. It's $16 (Aus store), isn't it meant to be like $30? Might pay to jump on it?

do you guys think that Dawnguard would be on sale within the next few months? How long is it anyway compared to Shivering Isles?

Shivering Isle is an expansion, Dawnguard is a faction quest and arguably it's one of the worst faction quests in Skyrim. It adds two new strongholds to choose between, some new generic dungeons and one new location. The werewolf and vampire skill trees are interesting, but the werewolf skilltree is really only useful if you're playing through the game for the first time/with a new character and doing the Companions questline. It makes the werewolf form more useful throughout the regular game and it wouldn't feel like grinding if you're just using the form as you play.

I loved Skyrim, 100%'d the base game in just over a hundred hours when it first came out, Dawnguard felt lacking and honestly kind of like a ripoff. 20$ is asking too much for what it adds. I'd say wait for a sale. 10$ is what it's worth, at most.

vall03

Shivering Isle is an expansion, Dawnguard is a faction quest and arguably it's one of the worst faction quests in Skyrim. It adds two new strongholds to choose between, some new generic dungeons and one new location. The werewolf and vampire skill trees are interesting, but the werewolf skilltree is really only useful if you're playing through the game for the first time/with a new character and doing the Companions questline. It makes the werewolf form more useful throughout the regular game and it wouldn't feel like grinding if you're just using the form as you play.

I loved Skyrim, 100%'d the base game in just over a hundred hours when it first came out, Dawnguard felt lacking and honestly kind of like a ripoff. 20$ is asking too much for what it adds. I'd say wait for a sale. 10$ is what it's worth, at most.

wow, thats very disappointing indeed, and they said they dont want to make simple quest DLCs, oh well, the main game is still great though. Waiting for a sale then, I just hope Bethesda will make a Shivering Isles equivalent next time.

JaseC

I think the Borderlands 2 season pass DLC is priced incorrectly on the Steam Store. It's $16 (Aus store), isn't it meant to be like $30? Might pay to jump on it?

Haha, nice. Bought.

Edit: It seems you can't buy it just yet:

Your transaction failed because you are trying to buy a game that requires ownership of another game you do not currently own. Please correct the error and try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom