• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

iNvid02

edit: all gone

YA'LL WANT SOME DIS SHIT

i have 8 for gaf - 1 per gaffer on a first PM, first serve basis

OcaQq.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I've spent north of $150 this past week, excluding external Steamworks purchases. Pre-purchases and Dailies sure add up. Assassin's Creed 3 and Far Cry 3 are the only pre-orders I'm waiting on.

MqdIG.jpg

I'm glad I could help pay for your trip back to the US in time for the International, Gabe.

iNvid02

there might be some hope left - i cant look into it yet but ~$16 for the bl2 season pass might still be possible.

i got you as a friend anyway so i'll talk to you in a bit mamba

Smash88

Banned
there might be some hope left - i cant look into it yet but ~$16 for the bl2 season pass might still be possible.

i got you as a friend anyway so i'll talk to you in a bit mamba

Nvid I have a friend who is interested in two Borderlands 2 Seasons Passes would that still be possible?

Contact me on steam, if it's still possible, and we can iron out the details further.

I think I'm about 2/3 into RAGE
saved Captain Marshall and retrieved the ID drive
and I'm still mad in love with the game. The weapons have excellent handling and I actually like the racing parts.

I'm hella confused by the DLC though. I have everything from the Anarchy Edition, like the weapons and armor... but not the sewer missions. Bah, the moment GAF banned those dubious sites reselling keys I should have known that it'd come back to bite me in the ass.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I think I'm about 2/3 into RAGE
saved Captain Marshall and retrieved the ID drive
and I'm still mad in love with the game. The weapons have excellent handling and I actually like the racing parts.

I'm hella confused by the DLC though. I have everything from the Anarchy Edition, like the weapons and armor... but not the sewer missions. Bah, the moment GAF banned those dubious sites reselling keys I should have known that it'd come back to bite me in the ass.

Not having the sewer DLC is strange since it's supposed to come with all new copies, and it's not as though you can register a used CD key.

Not having the sewer DLC is strange since it's supposed to come with all new copies, and it's not as though you can register a used CD key.

I figured it out in the meantime:

The retail Anarchy Editions came with 3 keys:

- the game
- weapons, car, armor
- sewer missions

and that site, which I won't be mentioning, sells the sewer missions separately. I got them for 50% thanks to the points I got from my RAGE purchase. $1.50, pisses me off but I guess I had it coming and learnt my lesson. I'm sorry Gaben.

Also, I'm like the worst RAGE player ever. I thought the Crimson Elite was a balanced armor, not the best ;_;

Oh well, gonna save that for a Hard playthrough.

Making me want to re-install Rage and playthrough it again. I love how Rage just gives you this toybox of gadgets, guns and ammo variants and it lets you go to town with whatever you want.

Oh boy, looks like I was given a 75% percent off of Portal 2 coupon... that is useless to me since I already have it, as well as everyone having the game.

I think mostly everyone got that one a couple months ago.

Yeah, but it just popped up today for no reason, and I can't do anything with it.

EDIT: In regards to the AirMech key, Managed to do a blind guess on the missing digit, and used the number 1. It validated the code. Thanks Empty Space.

Wok

I was stuck in Quantum Conundrum for so long because of this level with the two falling tables.

The worst is I am now both unhappy to have had to resort to reading the solution to pass the level, and unhappy with the hint given in the game which I misunderstood:
"
Take a leap of faith, time is on your side.
". I am not sure I could recommend the game now that it made me feel stupid... Or maybe it should be thought as a good omen: it is a game which makes you think.

That puzzle was easy.

I will say QC has some good puzzles in it. I thought overall it was harder than portal...

not better though.

But yeah it's best not to compare them, even though it's so hard not to for a thousand reasons.

Also that's a cool site, never seen it before. I had lemmings on gb and could never beat it either lol.

This is probably a stupid question but I just want to make sure.

I'm using SteamTool to move my games on to my SSD but I'm using it in reverse as it was originally intended. I have Steam installed on my HDD and I move individual games to my SSD so when I'm playing games off my SSD, I'm actually using the NTFS junctions. The standard setup seems to be that you install Steam on your SSD and you move games to your HDD as storage, using the NTFS junctions. My question is, will this negatively effect performance?

I've never encountered any issues, I just want to be sure I'm not hurting performance using the tool this way.

MRORANGE

This is probably a stupid question but I just want to make sure.

I'm using SteamTool to move my games on to my SSD but I'm using it in reverse as it was originally intended. I have Steam installed on my HDD and I move individual games to my SSD so when I'm playing games off my SSD, I'm actually using the NTFS junctions. The standard setup seems to be that you install Steam on your SSD and you move games to your HDD as storage, using the NTFS junctions. My question is, will this negatively effect performance?

I've never encountered any issues, I just want to be sure I'm not hurting performance using the tool this way.

you should be fine.

non-expert.

Forkball

I just want to say lol at Gotham City Imposters going F2P. That was pretty quick. It had a ton of DLC when it came out, not sure why they didn't just make it F2P in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom