• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

kami_sama

For those who want to buy the season pass, Steam said that I didn't own the game (possibly because I got the game gifted) so I bought it as a gift. Right now it's sitting in my inventory.

Edit: Beaten

Edit 2: Someone has already redeemed it? I'm a little cautious because the error before.

graywolf323

$43 for Borderlands 2 and all the DLC :D I love deals ($30 for the game off ebay from someone that didn't want the voucher from Nvidia and now $13 for the season pass with help from UK GAF)

Dingotech

Is there anywhere still selling the base game for Borderlands 2 cheap? That DLC deal makes the game very tempting.... Especially since my original thoughts were to hold off until a DLC pack was on sale.

Decker

Yeah, it's bad. But in my opinion:

Hammerfight
Orion Dino Beatdown
Revelations 2012
Eternity's Child

are far worse :p

I really liked Hammerfight, it takes some time to get used to controls but it becomes very enjoyable

just tweak mouse sensitivity and edit config file to turn off explosions/banners/etc. on screen

HoosTrax

Another thanks to iNvid02 -- I knew there was a reason I randomly woke up at 5am and couldn't get back to sleep. BL2 beckoned apparently.

Sarcasm

Okay..6 months ago my mother gifted me a 50 dollar giftcard to newegg..yay me!

Except I live in Taiwan now. So..I prob have two options

Guild Wars 2 or Borderlands 2?

I still have to finish BL1 and there will always be a sale on BL2.

Where as GW2 prob won't go on sale for a long...time.

But what do I do?

Deepo

So a friend in the US just bought me Inversion in the Amazon Labor day sale. Tried to activate with my EU Steam account just now, but turns out the key is region locked. Really wasn't aware that this happened with Steam keys, and well, it fucking sucks.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So a friend in the US just bought me Inversion in the Amazon Labor day sale. Tried to activate with my EU Steam account just now, but turns out the key is region locked. Really wasn't aware that this happened with Steam keys, and well, it fucking sucks.

Just an FYI to other non-US Steam users that Amazon's Inversion keys are region-locked. (Activating it using a VPN will work, as it just did for me, but be advised that using a VPN at all is technically against the SSA.)

Vastag

Just finished Home... It was short but interesting. I enjoyed it, but I'm not sure if it would cater to a broad audience, it can be a bit "strange". Overall I think that it is a nice experiment, the history was good and how it was presented was great.

JaseC

Has Borderlands 2 ever hit 30% off on GMG? €35 for the game and season pass is tempting...

Well, it has a 16% pre-order discount and there were -20% and -25% codes floating around not all too long ago that have since expired. Will the 30% discount apply to the game's $60 base price or the current $50 pre-order price?

Edit: Assuming that GMG actually has plans to discount the game by 30%.

Yeah I forgot that 30% codes on GMG typically end up more expensive that 25% ones because they don't stack with other discounts. Anyway I just bought the season pass even though I'm not sure I'll get the game yet, I'm sure people will be willing to buy it for that price if I end up not wanting it.

JustinBB7

So with Greenlight out now, and the International 2 going full steam ahead (hehe), it's september now and Steam is gonna sell programs this month right? Was there a confirmed date?

Next up is Steam for Linux near the end of the year.

HoosTrax

So with Greenlight out now, and the International 2 going full steam ahead (hehe), it's september now and Steam is gonna sell programs this month right? Was there a confirmed date?

omg you forgot about BPM, the big thing I'm looking forward to

JaseC

The 5th, so a few days from now.

Tomodachi

Just finished Home... It was short but interesting. I enjoyed it, but I'm not sure if it would cater to a broad audience, it can be a bit "strange". Overall I think that it is a nice experiment, the history was good and how it was presented was great.
What about length? Is it a one sitting experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom