• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoplatee

Is Crysis 2 Maximum Edition worth it at that price? I remember playing the demo and it was kinda blurry. Can you remove that without mods in the Maximum edition? If not, is it simple to mod out?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is Crysis 2 Maximum Edition worth it at that price? I remember playing the demo and it was kinda blurry. Can you remove that without mods in the Maximum edition? If not, is it simple to mod out?

The core gameplay is enjoyable enough for $10, I'd say, and if you have a beefy PC, the game looks amazing maxed out with mods (see here). There's not much more to redeem the game beyond that -- the AI is virtually non-existent, the level design is rather straight-forward, the story is Kojimaesque...

Hoplatee

The core gameplay is enjoyable enough for $10, I'd say, and if you have a beefy PC, the game looks amazing maxed out with mods (see here). There's not much more to redeem the game beyond that -- the AI is virtually non-existent, the level design is rather straight-forward, the story is Kojimaesque...

Thanks. I'll give it a shot then with a few mods. Bought a new pc earlier this year so that should be fine. :p

Mrbob

Wow that Trine collection for 8.74 is a crazy good deal. I'd buy it if I didn't own Trine and Trine 2 already!

Picking up the DLC expansion today...stealth release!

Tomodachi

The 5 activations limit thingie on Crysis 1 was removed, right? I already own the Maximum (boxed) edition but I'm feeling like getting the first chapter on Steam too. I don't even like FPSs but what the heck.

The 5 activations limit thingie on Crysis 1 was removed, right? I already own the Maximum (boxed) edition but I'm feeling like getting the first chapter on Steam too. I don't even like FPSs but what the heck.

No, it wasn't removed on the Steam version, but in celebration of Crysis 3 or something, Crytek decided to up the limit to 50.

I do believe it still has SecuROM, unfortunately. =/

No, it wasn't removed on the Steam version, but in celebration of Crysis 3 or something, Crytek decided to up the limit to 50.
what the

1-D_FTW

Will be purchasing Goblin Menace. Although it'll have to wait till I finish Darksiders 2 before I dig in.

Kind of telling myself I shouldn't bite until I've actually played Warhead (beat the original 2 or 3 times on Delta) and that kinda kinda seals it. I'll wait.

Good weekend deals, though.

1-D_FTW

Then I guess I'll take the Frozenbyte Collection, are the Shadowgrounds games any good?

They are kind of baiting you to buy the Frozenbyte Collection aren't they? Didn't somebody say the Shadowground games are like really bad versions of Alien Swarm?

Speevy

Banned
Yeah I just wanted to see how it worked. I wasn't really thinking about the time, so I just picked an arbitrary hour. I just thought it would keep an exact count of the hours and minutes.

The time is moving now.

The 10$ I would spend on the Frozenbyte bundle would be for both Shadowgrounds games and the Trine 2 DLC since I already own Trine 1 and 2. Do you get extra giftable copies of Trine 1 and 2? I'm in no rush for the Trine DLC since I haven't beaten Trine 1 or even played Trine 2. I'd be buying the Shadowgrounds games cos they're cheap.

I think I'm better off saving this 10$ for Jet Set Radio.

The 10$ I would spend on the Frozenbyte bundle would be for both Shadowgrounds games and the Trine 2 DLC since I already own Trine 1 and 2. Do you get extra giftable copies of Trine 1 and 2? I'm in no rush for the Trine DLC since I haven't beaten Trine 1 or even played Trine 2. I'd be buying the Shadowgrounds games cos they're cheap.

I think I'm better off saving this 10$ for Jet Set Radio.

Unless it specifies it on the post about the deal or on the page, no. In this case, you get no extra copy.

Blablurn

got a random question. i hooked up my laptop to my hdtv. started steam. some games like vice city are displayed on the hdtv (and on the same time on the laptop). on the other hand, when i try out batman or counter strike: global offense, they will be only displayed on my laptop screen. anyway to bring the picture back to the tv?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
got a random question. i hooked up my laptop to my hdtv. started steam. some games like vice city are displayed on the hdtv (and on the same time on the laptop). on the other hand, when i try out batman or counter strike: global offense, they will be only displayed on my laptop screen. anyway to bring the picture back to the tv?
Are you on Windows 7? Try right clicking the desktop -> Screen Resolution -> Display -> your HDTV.

That should turn off your laptop monitor and force everything on your HDTV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom