• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

1-D_FTW

I've updated my Steam client with the Sept. 4th update three times now. Start Steam, 2 minutes later, get the update box. I've done the same update 3 days in a row now.

Nabs

I've updated my Steam client with the Sept. 4th update three times now. Start Steam, 2 minutes later, get the update box. I've done the same update 3 days in a row now.

Either delete the clientregistry.blob or jump on the beta and see if that stops the updates.

Critter Crunch is coming to Steam next week. It'll be $6.99.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=490217

CCPC_Announce_web.jpg
The psn version is tons of fun. Little hard in parts but nothing wrong with that.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Has anyone bothered picking up I Am Alive? I enjoyed what I played on Xbox but got sidetracked, and now I'm considering getting/finishing it on PC.

I'm curious about performance and how it looks, never bought it on 360 but the idea seemed neat if neutered a little. The assets looked a little muddy though, so i'm curious what kind of bonus fidelity the PC version may get, or if it's the same stuff and doesn't look much better.

I'm curious about performance and how it looks, never bought it on 360 but the idea seemed neat if neutered a little. The assets looked a little muddy though, so i'm curious what kind of bonus fidelity the PC version may get, or if it's the same stuff and doesn't look much better.

Well I will let you know; I went ahead and purchased it, as I really liked the game and can only imagine it looking better.

camerooni

Neo Member
X-COM is now up on Steam but the pre-order bonuses don't work quite as I expected: "Rewards Unlock As More People Pre-Purchase!". Don't think I've seen that before.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/200510/

Reward 1: Elite Soldier Pack
Reward 2: TF2 Hats
Reward 3: Free copy of Civ V

$70 USD for Aussies.. hahah.. I wouldn't even be paying the full $50 new price.. this game screams $30 price point (max).

Also the slider bar is totally open to abuse since they don't list numbers (which obviously publishers never would).. and it smacks of misleading how popular something is to get people on board - smarmy marketing technique is smarmy!

Quick, premature impressions for I Am Alive. Game looks and runs so much better than the console versions. So far a constant 60 fps. Obviously the games style itself has a grimey look to it, but the assets are quite nice in native high resolution.

Definitely worth the 15 bucks if you haven't played it. I'm excited to get into the game again.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Just beat Spec Ops: The Line and wow. Beat it on suicidal in 7.7 hours. Story was nuts and the game is definitely worth a playthrough. Glad I only paid $10 but damn what a freaking ride.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Just beat Spec Ops: The Line and wow. Beat it on suicidal in 7.7 hours. Story was nuts and the game is definitely worth a playthrough. Glad I only paid $10 but damn what a freaking ride.
So it'll be worth 5 bucks when it comes down to that price, right? I may get it then, all that talk about the story got me interested. Sadly, the demo didn't.

Quick, premature impressions for I Am Alive. Game looks and runs so much better than the console versions. So far a constant 60 fps. Obviously the games style itself has a grimey look to it, but the assets are quite nice in native high resolution.

Wow, that looks a hell of a lot better than any shot I've seen so far.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

Definitely worth the 15 bucks if you haven't played it. I'm excited to get into the game again.

Wow, that does look much better! And at 60FPS too. Might have to jump on that this weekend.

Are yoy playing with a controller? Can't get my 360-controller to work. I can walk but not aim.

Are yoy playing with a controller? Can't get my 360-controller to work. I can walk but not aim.

Nope, playing with a mouse. I actually like it more than the controller. I can try it and see if I have issues as well.

Did you switch on the "Use Game Pad" setting?

Derrick01

Banned
Why would they need to cut the price? Everyone has to use Steam anyway.

From what I was told Valve doesn't make money if you buy a steamworks game somewhere else, since it doesn't cost anything to use steamworks features. So all the money I'm spending on Amazon or GMG, Steam's not getting anything from that. I'd rather buy on Steam but the largest PC retailer out there seems content giving out shitty hats instead of letting me save money so there's not much I can do about that.

HoosTrax

If they change the Tier 3 unlock to be Civ V complete with all DLC, I'd bite.

Vanilla Civ V is almost a trap, since you'd probably have to spend more on buying the additional DLC than you would have if you had gotten Civ V GOTY + whichever DLC is missing from GOTY.

Warner Bros customer support came through, I finally have a working copy of Batman: Arkham City. Question, to activate all of the DLC--I have the Robin and Nightwing Challenge packs as well as the Harley Quinn DLC--I need to use the code/keys I have attached to my Steam account in the GFWL marketplace?

If they change the Tier 3 unlock to be Civ V complete with all DLC, I'd bite.

Vanilla Civ V is almost a trap, since you'd probably have to spend more on buying the additional DLC than you would have if you had gotten Civ V GOTY + whichever DLC is missing from GOTY.

Okay, let's set some things straight here. If you get Civ V Vanilla and you honestly dig the game, play through it with all Civs included in Vanilla, play through all of the difficulties, map sizes and geographic variants, go for all of the different victory conditions, play through all of the policy track combinations you will easily, easily get 100 hours out of the game. I think I was at about 200 hours, all of it in single player, with just Vanilla when I bought all of the DLC during a sale. In no way, shape or form is Civ V a rip-off. There's more game in Civ V Vanilla then there is in most games people buy on average in this thread.

The DLC Civ's are hardly a rip-off either, one Civ on normal-everything playthrough is about eight hours.

Nope, playing with a mouse. I actually like it more than the controller. I can try it and see if I have issues as well.

Did you switch on the "Use Game Pad" setting?

I did, but it's not working correctly.

It works with a wired controller, but the wireless is all fucked up. RT moves the camera, right stick does nothing etc.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Kind of telling myself I shouldn't bite until I've actually played Warhead (beat the original 2 or 3 times on Delta) and that kinda kinda seals it. I'll wait.

Good weekend deals, though.

I'm going to be the devil on your shoulder and say that Warhead, being a parallel expansion, is rather short (approximately half the length of Crysis) and, considering the current 75% discount, I don't think Crysis 2 will get cheaper even during the Winter Sale unless EA drops the base price.

Critter Crunch is coming to Steam next week. It'll be $6.99.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=490217

CCPC_Announce_web.jpg

Will double-dip.

Chrom

Am I the only one having problems with booting up the Ys Origin demo? I downloaded it today because I wanted to play it, but whenever the game is initialized, my status switches from in-game back to online instantly, and the game never starts up. This doesn't happen with my other games. Any ideas?

Speevy

Banned
Well I gave the winner of my Steamgifts contest 8 hours. Is that enough time to give the game to someone else?

I really shouldn't have to track down people when I'm giving away a freaking game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom