• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

MNC

People: Be sure to look for Crysis Maximum (Crysis + Warhead) because it's not regularly on the Crysis 2/The page with the deals, and it saves you a buck.

Tomodachi

got a random question. i hooked up my laptop to my hdtv. started steam. some games like vice city are displayed on the hdtv (and on the same time on the laptop). on the other hand, when i try out batman or counter strike: global offense, they will be only displayed on my laptop screen. anyway to bring the picture back to the tv?
What Killthee said, but you can use keyboard shortcuts to ease the process. Windows key + P should work on Win7.

People: Be sure to look for Crysis Maximum (Crysis + Warhead) because it's not regularly on the Crysis 2/The page with the deals, and it saves you a buck.
I wish I read this earlier :(

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
I do have a question, once in a while, I'll add a non steam game to the lineup and for the most part, everything is fine, then I'll reboot my computer to find that all are gone and I have to repeat the process again. Is there a way to stop that or to back up my list?

Sysgen

I do have a question, once in a while, I'll add a non steam game to the lineup and for the most part, everything is fine, then I'll reboot my computer to find that all are gone and I have to repeat the process again. Is there a way to stop that or to back up my list?

Did you try exiting Steam and restarting after adding the non Steam game?

drizzle

Axel Hertz

Windows kills applications ungracefully when you tell it to shutdown. So when you shutdown windows with Steam open, the Steam.exe process gets killed, which corrupts the file that holds your shortcuts. Since your file is corrupted, Steam can't read your Non-Steam shortcuts information from it on the next startup.

Just backup the file called "shortcuts.vdf" on "Steam\userdata\[user id]\config\" and, if you ever lose them, close Steam, go to that folder and overwrite the current, corrupted file with your backuped one.

Same thing can happen to your custom Categories. Do the same thing for the file "sharedconfig.vdf" located in "Steam\userdata\[user id]\7\remote\".

Just remember to create a new backup every time you either change your Non-Steam shortcuts or your Categories.

Edit: Same thing used to happen to the file that kept information about your activated games for offline play, but they fixed that two updates ago. I wish they would fix these issues as well.

It's 36 at GMG for a single copy with GMG25-1BW0K-K1A3G

Never purchased from there...When can I expect to get the steam code? Hrm wait I think I have tried here before and it there was some issue with my bank for this site...is this in Europe somewhere or is that another site I'm thinking of?

Weenerz

Banned
Never purchased from there...When can I expect to get the steam code? Hrm wait I think I have tried here before and it there was some issue with my bank for this site...is this in Europe somewhere or is that another site I'm thinking of?

The last few big games that came out, the were a day or two late. Sleeping Dogs and Darksiders 2. Pay the extra few dollars and get some piece of mind.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Hmm, so you should manually exit Steam before shutting your PC down then.

Technically, yes. I try to do it every night now. It doesn't corrupt the files all the times - I never got a corrupt categories file, for instance.

But keep that backup up-to-date. Better safe than sorry

1-D_FTW

Purchased Borderlands 2 steam code from TM24 for $35!...thanks!

You're a sharpie. With the way he quoted that post, and the misspell, I assumed he was offering a COD code for someone organizing a 4 pack. I couldn't have been the only one.

Not that I'm mad. I sold my Nvidia BL2 code for 35 dollars too. So it's not like a wanted it:)

MRORANGE

Race Room Racing Experience Teaser just popped up on the store, looks very nice for a racing sim:

ss_21e26ae677901a21ae3c06a6ef6fb1e0b7432eb3.1920x1080.jpg
ss_4983b360519180a27caacf748056aa1a14f3ab59.1920x1080.jpg
ss_013b737a3620b7bc898fb86befd4094c3a30f9a4.1920x1080.jpg

seems to be f2p?

Does the Darkness II continue with Xbox controller prompts the whole game? I couldn't figure out how to talk to Vinnie without having to hit X on my controller. Plus the game is keeping me from moving until I figure out how to dual-wield an Uzi. No thanks.

Does the Darkness II continue with Xbox controller prompts the whole game? I couldn't figure out how to talk to Vinnie without having to hit X on my controller. Plus the game is keeping me from moving until I figure out how to dual-wield an Uzi. No thanks.

Did you unplug your controller? I experienced none of this.

Greetings citizens!

There is another short server maintenance window coming tomorrow, September 6, at 4PM Pacific time (that's 23:00 GMT). There is also going to be a similar maintenance window Friday, September 7, at 4PM Pacific time.

Chat, game lobbies, and the community web site will be affected for the duration of each maintenance window. Some content downloads may be briefly interrupted. Game play should generally not be interrupted but may be impacted for some multi-player titles.

I will post all-clear messages on this thread when each maintenance is completed.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=32708573&postcount=496

Derrick01

Banned
Vouchers not working on xcom is bullshit. This better just be for the current one in place and not some sucker deal the publisher made with them before putting xcom up. They probably weren't thrilled at all the borderlands 2 price reductions and deals people were making.

The teaser for RaceRoom is bs though. I downloaded it and it just allows me to fiddle around with the options. It doesn't actually me to race anything.

KarmaCow

I thought one of the pre-order bonuses was going to be Borderlands 2 early access since a Gaffer found it in the registry, I guess not. Pre-ordering away.

Isn't that usually reviewers?

Anyways, the hats were already ninja added to TF2 so I don't know who they are kidding with this.

MRORANGE

it will get to stage two at least:

Reward 2

Everything Above, Plus:

3 Exclusive XCOM TF2 Item’s*

xcom.jpg

The Craft Hair
If you're ever planning on fighting aliens, this is the hair to have.
Area 451
If aliens ever invaded Badlands and used their special alien powers to make all of our heads look like alien heads, this is a scientifically accurate representation of what Pyro would look like.
The Vigilant Pin
This pin proudly states to all that you are at least vaguely aware of the possibility that maybe aliens exist.

This is an interesting way to promote day 1 sales, an area I thought Steam was lacking.

Has anyone bothered picking up I Am Alive? I enjoyed what I played on Xbox but got sidetracked, and now I'm considering getting/finishing it on PC.

Isn't that usually reviewers?

Anyways, the hats were already ninja added to TF2 so I don't know who they are kidding with this.

Yes, you're right that's what I was thinking but at first I thought it was going to be a "play it three days early" type promotion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom