• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speevy

Banned
I did. They didn't get online after that. I'm not too worried about it, but I'd rather not send any more games out into oblivion.

I have most of the games they're giving away on Steamgifts, so I'd rather deal with you guys instead.

Speaking of which, reply to this post and get Trine 2.

louiedog

I did. They didn't get online after that. I'm not too worried about it, but I'd rather not send any more games out into oblivion.

I have most of the games they're giving away on Steamgifts, so I'd rather deal with you guys instead.

me?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

Yes please

camerooni

Neo Member
Haha.. I love Sega's optimism.. charging $90usd (australia specific price) for a game about a sport that most of the country does not give a damn about.. if anything they should be selling it for a lower price to try to get some interest.. but whatever - I guess the fans will continue will import so as not to be screwed even more so.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/207890/?cc=au

Woah.. it's literally MORE than double the US price ($40usd) - that makes even less sense!

EDIT: Wow.. the Steam store is showing Top 100 sellers rather than the usual 20!

HoosTrax

Woah.. it's literally MORE than double the US price ($40usd) - that makes even less sense!
I know right? We care even less about socce...er...football!

Btw, wtf happened to the X-Com preorder price?
89441936.jpg

damn and blast.

I need to keep this thing on constant refresh.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Weeeeell if you consider the Digital Deluxe edition as a DLC, then Railworks has broken that barrier a long time ago.

There's no large Railworks + DLC bundle, though. There's the "Haulin' USA Pack", which includes the game and a few pieces of DLC, but that's just $71.99. Even the DLC by itself isn't bundled. Suffice it to say that, as far as I'm aware, the Black Ops 2 DDE is the most expensive product on Steam.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Man you guys are lucky, I haven't won anything in Steamgifts hahaha

I still haven't won anything (although I've only entered about 100 giveaways), and recently I had to cancel a few entries because I forgot all about them and pre-ordered the games myself.

camerooni

Neo Member

Nice.. though it's quite a "sweet" deal considering that World at War is $40 bucks.. so really you're "only paying 70" ;)

EDIT: If Football Manager had a $60 base price, with Sega's current practice (Double it and add $10) it would have been $130. Reminds me when I used to buy comic books and the store had a general, take the base US price, double it and add a dollar.

Blizzard

Banned
Why is there even a GFWL client?
I think I may have actually had to download that to get back into my account when I had that password problem I complained about. I don't think the website would let me change my password or something, and I couldn't login ingame because of the special character in the password, but the client might have actually worked so I could change it. =_=

camerooni

Neo Member
I think I may have actually had to download that to get back into my account when I had that password problem I complained about. I don't think the website would let me change my password or something, and I couldn't login ingame because of the special character in the password, but the client might have actually worked so I could change it. =_=

I had password problems where all of a sudden they decided I had to have numbers in my password.. it was all previously just 6 characters lowercase.. the error message didn't bother to say - hey you can't log in because we've changed something on our end.. it was error to login, you suck, you're doing it wrong, make a new one. Thanks ms.

Probably already mentioned but Half Minute Hero is in the coming soon list. Looks like the XBLA version? Has the full Steamworks set as well. Take notice NIS.

Bought Trine 2 DLC and Crysis Maximum Edition. The pricing on the Trine deal is a bit wonky though. 7.50 euro for Trine Complete Collection which includes Trine 1, Trine 2 and the new DLC. But if you already own all the Trine games you pay 5,94 for the DLC alone. Also important to note that you cannot gift copies from the Trine Complete Collection if you already own Trine 1 or Trine 2.

Still Frozenbyte deserve every euro cent, but maybe it wasn't the smartest move to introduce a 75% price cut on a bundle which includes the new DLC.

Twinduct

Interesting, the third tier is just a free copy of Civ 5 for everyone who pre-orders. I wonder at what point the majority of users pre-order in general - right at the start or spread throughout? Right at the end?

No idea tbh. From personal experience, I've moved away from early pre-orders on steam on steamwork games (not that I assume this game is steamworks), mostly due to Greenman gaming or amazon having it at a cheaper price for me (with usually a small loss of preorder bonus shit though).

Tomodachi

Bought Trine 2 DLC and Crysis Maximum Edition. The pricing on the Trine deal is a bit wonky though. 7.50 euro for Trine Complete Collection which includes Trine 1, Trine 2 and the new DLC. But if you already own all the Trine games you pay 5,94 for the DLC alone. Also important to note that you cannot gift copies from the Trine Complete Collection if you already own Trine 1 or Trine 2.

Still Frozenbyte deserve every euro cent, but maybe it wasn't the smartest move to introduce a 75% price cut on a bundle which includes the new DLC.
I see it the other way around. They're basically throwing in for 1.50€ the two games if you buy the DLC that just came out. If you already own them then you don't pay the 1.50€.

Still, the DLC is a bit on the pricey side, even if I don't really know what it's all about, I still have to launch Trine 2 bought during summer sale -__-

HoosTrax

Is it just my Steam store that's "bugged out", or is everyone (in the US) showing that the prices for X-COM, Borderlands 2, and Dark Souls are showing up as $70?

(yes I am looking at the US site, not the Oz site)

derFeef

I have vacation next week - what should I tackle?

Games I need and want to finish:
Sleeping Dogs
Rage
Deus EX HR
Dead Island

New Games I wanna try:
I Am Alive
Darksiders II (not even installed...)

I am also highly engrossed with Dark Souls so this is going to cut lot's of hours away.

Enco

Sleeping Dogs
Rage
Deus EX HR
Dead Island

New Games I wanna try:
I Am Alive

I am also highly engrossed with Dark Souls so this is going to cut lot's of hours away.
Deus Ex HR first. One of the best games I've ever played. Dat atmosphere. It took me around 26 hours to complete (can't remember if I did every side mission).

I haven't played I Am Alive but would probably go to that second as I doubt it's that long. Sleeping Dogs can then follow.

masterkajo

Sleeping Dogs
Rage
Deus EX HR
Dead Island

New Games I wanna try:
I Am Alive

Deus Ex HR first. One of the best games I've ever played. Dat atmosphere. It took me around 26 hours to complete (can't remember if I did every side mission).

I haven't played I Am Alive but would probably go to that second as I doubt it's that long. Sleeping Dogs can then follow.

Absolutely!! Took me about 40 hours but I really did everything there is to do.

1-D_FTW

I'm going to be the devil on your shoulder and say that Warhead, being a parallel expansion, is rather short (approximately half the length of Crysis) and, considering the current 75% discount, I don't think Crysis 2 will get cheaper even during the Winter Sale unless EA drops the base price.

No, devil. Shut up. SHUT UP!

Something to think about.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Is it just my Steam store that's "bugged out", or is everyone (in the US) showing that the prices for X-COM, Borderlands 2, and Dark Souls are showing up as $70?

(yes I am looking at the US site, not the Oz site)
Did you click JaseC's link? If so, you've been switched to the Aussie store without realizing it. Append ?cc=us to whatever store URL you're looking at and it should switch you back.

HoosTrax

Did you click JaseC's link? If so, you've been switched to the Aussie store without realizing it. Append ?cc=us to whatever store URL you're looking at and it should switch you back.
That fixed it, thanks.

Pure evil genius that was. I feel your pain now.

Sleeping Dogs
Rage
Deus EX HR
Dead Island

New Games I wanna try:
I Am Alive

Deus EX HR was one of my favorite games this gen so that is where my vote goes.

Sarcasm

Sleeping Dogs
Rage
Deus EX HR
Dead Island

New Games I wanna try:
I Am Alive

Deus Ex HE another vote.

Talking about Black Ops 2, the vanilla version is £40 in the UK, and the deluxe version is £55. They can fuck off with that pricing, frankly. For comparison, AU$109 is about £70.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom