• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derrick01

Banned
I have vacation next week - what should I tackle?

Games I need and want to finish:
Sleeping Dogs
Rage
Deus EX HR
Dead Island

New Games I wanna try:
I Am Alive
Darksiders II (not even installed...)

I am also highly engrossed with Dark Souls so this is going to cut lot's of hours away.

1. Sleeping Dogs
2. Deus Ex
3. Rage

Forget Dead Island and Darksiders 2 or save them for the very last. They are dreadfully bad games.

Joe Molotov

Why is there even a GFWL client?

zLnx8.jpg

You used to be able to buy games on it, but they shut it down about a year ago to start focusing on their Windows 8 app store.

1-D_FTW

Sleeping Dogs
Rage
Deus EX HR
Dead Island

New Games I wanna try:
I Am Alive

I am also highly engrossed with Dark Souls so this is going to cut lot's of hours away.

Deus Ex clear #1.

Either Rage or DS 2 #2 (depending on what you want).

garath

Sleeping Dogs
Rage
Deus EX HR
Dead Island

New Games I wanna try:
I Am Alive

Deus Ex HR
Sleeping Dogs

Anything after that. I can't stress enough how much fun those two games are. Rage has great shooting mechanics but didn't really keep me engaged. Dead Island is only good with a friend (but is pretty fun if you have one). I don't own I am Alive or Darksiders II.

Anyone got any recommendations for what game I should play through next, need to free up some space on my laptop so need to play through some of my installed games

Games:
Assassin's Creed 2
Dead Space
Deus Ex: Human Revolution: The Missing Link (Beat the base game last week)
GTA IV
Metro 2033
Saints Row: The Third

1-D_FTW

Anyone got any recommendations for what game I should play through next, need to free up some space on my laptop so need to play through some of my installed games

Games:
Assassin's Creed 2
Dead Space
GTA IV
Metro 2033

You could honestly throw a dart and not go wrong.

Personally, I'd probably play DS 1 first. Just make sure you disable in-game v-sync and use D3D Overider (so you get rid of the mouse lag and run at 60fps).

zkylon

zkylewd

Games:
Assassin's Creed 2
Dead Space
GTA IV
Metro 2033
Get the short ones done first: Deus Ex -> Dead Space -> Metro. All of those are pretty great games...

Bricky

Games:
Assassin's Creed 2
Dead Space
GTA IV
Metro 2033

Phew, those are all pretty good. The Missing Link is short and sweet, so I'd say play that first. After that play Assassin's Creed 2 if you've never played an AC-game before. Else, play Metro 2033.

In any case; Make sure you play GTA IV before Saints Row: The Third, otherwise the gameplay-part of GTA IV might dissapoint a bit.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I'd go with GTAIV. It's divisive, but I think it's an amazing game. I loved just taking my time and exploring the ins and outs of Liberty City, and the Euphoria physics are so good. Running over pedestrians in other games just won't feel the same after GTAIV.

Derrick01

Banned

Games:
Assassin's Creed 2
Dead Space
GTA IV
Metro 2033

Since you just beat deus ex go through missing link. The level design is much improved over the normal game. Then go through AC2 so if you're interested in 3 then you can be ready. The expansions aren't really necessary from a story perspective.

MRORANGE

Sleeping Dogs
Rage
Deus EX HR
Dead Island

New Games I wanna try:
I Am Alive

Sleeping Dogs or Deus EX HR

sleeping dogs looks amazing even on mediums settings:

if9VAGXL1Yotv.gif

derFeef

Guess I will continue Sleeping Dogs, already 10 hours in or so.
I stopped HR after the second bossfight, hated it as it sucked out all enjoyment (Deus Ex difficulty, stealth approach).

Thanks all!

HoosTrax

/\/\/\

The traffic in that is amazing.
Is the traffic in Sleeping Dogs like in every game with GTA-style exploration, where the AI seems to be be programmed to actively try to cut your off whenever you are about to pass them?

I'm not even exaggerating, I've seen this phenomenon in Mafia II, LA Noire, and Saints: Row the Third. The AI cars are without a doubt programmed to actively try to impede you once you get within a certain distance.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Probably already mentioned but Half Minute Hero is in the coming soon list. Looks like the XBLA version? Has the full Steamworks set as well. Take notice NIS.

Oh god fucking dammit, this is AWESOME to hear! I never bought the XBLA version, was always waiting for a price drop.

Will buy the PC version at full price.

1-D_FTW

Going through Amazon's sales today (specifically looking at Billy Hatcher for 2.50 and Condemned for 3.75) and noticed that Amazon is selling Rayman 3 as a DD title.

What was Ubi's logic for making Rayman 3 exclusive to Origins pre-orders on Steam? Such a silly move.

Is the traffic in Sleeping Dogs like in every game with GTA-style exploration, where the AI seems to be be programmed to actively try to cut your off whenever you are about to pass them?

I'm not even exaggerating, I've seen this phenomenon in Mafia II, LA Noire, and Saints: Row the Third. The AI cars are without a doubt programmed to actively try to impede you once you get within a certain distance.

Sorry. I was being sarcastic. I'm sure there is... although that would require there be some actual traffic first;)

Thanks guy, I'll start The Missing Link today since it seemed to get the most recommendations and seems short.

No idea what to play after it though

Derrick01

Banned
Sorry. I was being sarcastic. I'm sure there is... although that would require there be some actual traffic first;)

That part of the city doesn't have much traffic since the road is so small. It's mostly a pedestrian area with lots of businesses in a tight area. There's plenty of traffic on the normal roads.

MRORANGE

/\/\/\
The traffic in that is amazing.
I actually blocked that road off, with a limo so I could clear that mini road off traffic to actually drive at full speed, its the only street were buses can get stuck from the neon signs lol. That road tends to be pretty busy.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
You should totally check out the OT then.

I know this is mad off topic, but my Chrome, sometimes, gets stuck on pages with too many animated gifs. It'll slow down to a crawl and only show one frame per second of the gif, but after 3 seconds it'll "catch up with itself" and go back to regular scrolling and showing the gif smoothly.

It usually happens when the gif is outside of the viewing area of the window, and while I'm scrolling and it shows up, everything goes to shit.

I'm not complaining about gifs, I just find the bug really annoying and was wondering if anybody has the same problem... and a possible solution!

Sysgen

1. Sleeping Dogs
2. Deus Ex
3. Rage

Forget Dead Island and Darksiders 2 or save them for the very last. They are dreadfully bad games.

Seriously. I know opinions blah blah blah blah blah but I'm playing through Dead Island right now and I do not have enough words for how great it is. The definitive Zombie rpg with an attention to detail that very few games ever see.. and for the most part it destroys Rage, technically and play-ability wise. The only thing Rage has over DI is the guns but that's what id is known for.

MRORANGE

I know this is mad off topic, but my Chrome, sometimes, gets stuck on pages with too many animated gifs. It'll slow down to a crawl and only show one frame per second of the gif, but after 3 seconds it'll "catch up with itself" and go back to regular scrolling and showing the gif smoothly.

It usually happens when the gif is outside of the viewing area of the window, and while I'm scrolling and it shows up, everything goes to shit.

I'm not complaining about gifs, I just find the bug really annoying and was wondering if anybody has the same problem... and a possible solution!

Not sure if there is a fix, although the the only problem I have with large .gifs is if I scroll back up to see the gif, page just stutters for a few seconds.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Not sure if there is a fix, although the the only problem I have with large .gifs is if I scroll back up to see the gif, page just stutters for a few seconds.

Oh crap, it might be the Neogaf thread auto-refresh plugin for chrome... :p

Edit: eh, maybe not.

Crub

Giving away a free copy of Sonic CD to the first person who quotes my post.

Please only claim it if you actually intend to play it.

Firebrand

GMG added a 10% discount on X-COM: Enemy Unknown that stacks with the voucher (GMG25-1BW0K-K1A3G) for a total of 33% off.
(The discounts might not apply to the NA version for reasons I'm not aware of)

DagsJT

GMG added a 10% discount on X-COM: Enemy Unknown that stacks with the voucher (GMG25-1BW0K-K1A3G) for a total of 33% off. $33.75 / €33.75.

Can't see 10% off here in the UK.

Edit: Already mentioned anyway.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill

Sleeping Dogs
Rage
Deus EX HR
Dead Island

New Games I wanna try:
I Am Alive

It's already been suggested, but Sleeping Dogs is fantastic and would probably be a nice diversion from Dark Souls.

You can still buy it for 36 bucks on Green Man Gaming, so any "sale" has to be lower than that.

That's what I'm waiting for anyway.

^ this. Preordered Borderlands2 so that should hold me off for a while. Imagine it'll get a little lower during some sort of steam sale.

Derrick01

Banned
GMG added a 10% discount on X-COM: Enemy Unknown that stacks with the voucher (GMG25-1BW0K-K1A3G) for a total of 33% off.

I think that's the voucher that wasn't working on the NA version last night. But even if it did I'm too broke to take advantage of that great deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom