• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRORANGE

After I got burned on Home, I don't know if I want to really risk it again.

What makes this game so special for $8?

It's gotten a lot of critical praise from media and seems to be a favourite with Gaf, however it had some difficulty getting on Steam.

^ Or just play the demo and see if you like it.

vall03

is there no info yet on how those who purchased To the Moon from FreeBird Games will get a Steam code? they're still going to distribute them right?

deejay

is there no info yet on how those who purchased To the Moon from FreeBird Games will get a Steam code? they're still going to distribute them right?

Sent two mails (one last Tuesday or Wednesday, one today) and haven't received a reply as of yet. Wondering when I'll receive the key.

Wok

Sent two mails (one last Tuesday or Wednesday, one today) and haven't received a reply as of yet. Wondering when I'll receive the key.

Considering the game was just released, I would suggest you wait a bit before sending a third email.

Miker

AAHHHHHH To The Moon is out. Buy it. And buy the soundtrack version, too, because the soundtrack is fantastic.

And yes, it has a demo - it's a time-limited demo, I think, that lets you play through the first hour of the game. If you aren't convinced by then, then I can't see you enjoying the rest of the game.

Oh, as a reminder to anyone who bought it directly from Freebird Games, you can e-mail them and get a free Steam key. Pretty sure it counts if you bought it off of Wadjet Eye Games' site alsol.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Me too actually.

I just didn't get all the hype for it. I thought it was just not very well constructed, the twists were super obvious from 5 minutes in, and player choice was poorly implemented. Literally giving me
yes or no questions at the end to decide plot points or if my character believed things?

The art was neat, everything else was hamfisted. I replayed it 3 times doing different things and while things made more sense in the end than my original, horribly jumbled and confused ending where it literally forgot half of my choices, it still just wasn't that great.

I'll throw in a hair of skepticism. To the Moon is only 4 hours long. That seems short for $10, and the demo shows some unique mechanics but I dunno.

Unless it's in IMAX 3D. Can I play it in IMAX 3D?

Miker

I'll throw in a hair of skepticism. To the Moon is only 4 hours long. That seems short for $10, and the demo shows some unique mechanics but I dunno.

Unless it's in IMAX 3D. Can I play it in IMAX 3D?

It's a completely linear, barely interactive four hours, but I think most people who played the game will say they got more than $10 of enjoyment out of it. And the $10 comes with the soundtrack, which is one of the best classical game soundtracks in ages. And honestly, if you ask me, with the massive Steam backlog that I've built up, 4 hours for a story-based game with zero filler is a blessing, not a shortcoming.

ta9qi

Everyone should buy TTM , the game touching story is totally worth more than the 10$ without talking about the superb music album..its one of my favorite experiences in 2011 even compared to the Big AAA titles that year

Blizzard

Banned
I thought I owned Secret Files, but it must have been an old physical copy. I'm going to have to check my Amazon account since I picked up a bunch of cheap adventure games there and might be missing stuff. :p

Miker

I remember lots of people taking about that moon game. What is it like? Zelda lttp?

No, it's pretty much a visual novel built with RPG Maker. You walk around, talk to some people, and the story moves forward. It's utterly linear and there's no real "gameplay" to speak of. It's kind of like Dear Esther, I suppose, in that some people will abhor it due to its lack of traditional gameplay, while others will look past that and appreciate it for its great storyline.

epmode

I remember lots of people taking about that moon game. What is it like? Zelda lttp?
Visual novel / non-game. I like it!

I emailed a few days ago and was told that a specific email address will be created to deal with these requests. I don't think it has been announced yet but I could be wrong. And it's good for anyone who can prove they purchased the game in the past, regardless of store.

Volcynika

There's almost 900 games in the "action" category to browse through. FPS is Valve's specialty and it's a huge genre on PC. I can't believe they don't have a category for it.

mneuro

No problem, enjoy it!

Also, I have copies of the following two games I'll give away to the first people that want them (one per person of course)

Nuclear Dawn and Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War II.

Dawn of war would be amazing. was thinking of buying this yesterday.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
If for whatever strange reason you don't have the original Portal, raise yo hand. I've had this spare copy since the dawn of time and can use someone to throw it at.

Xanathus

Oh right, I still have this 75% off Portal 2 coupon and 50% off Saints Row 3 DLC. Just PM me with your steam ID link if anyone wants them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom