• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to trade these random hats I've gotten for actual games (I don't really play TF2 that often) but whenever someone contacts me they always want to trade other TF2 items for mine :(

Use TF2 trading on reddit, as long as you list a fair trade you'll get a response quickly.

Blizzard

Banned
Javaman and I dived basically blind into Supreme Commander vs the easiest AI in a 2v1 fight. We won a long and glorious game that consisted basically of that dog in a lab coat going "I have no idea what I'm doing". We never did figure out how to upgrade commanders past tech level 1. I had upgraded factories and engineers and so forth, but never got past it. We also both suddenly ran out of mass near the end of the game, so I guess you have to upgrade mass extractors earlier.

It seems like a cool game, but microing units seems rather difficult so I'm guessing you're supposed to just send waves into battle and let them fend for themselves. For instance, there's a mobile shield unit, but surroundings units in the command group tend to drive themselves in vaguely random directions instead of staying inside the shield.

I can only imagine how complex the game could become if you had lots of factories, big armies, and a map larger than 5x5 km.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
The dash is there because I figured a mod would put something witty there like usual.

Wok

Is there even any more good indie games left that they haven't sold?

There are more than 30 games which are sold on the Humble Store (via direct links) and have never appeared in HIB.
  1. A Virus Named TOM
  2. Awesomenauts
  3. Beat Hazard Ultra
  4. Dear Esther
  5. Dino Run
  6. Dynamite Jack
  7. Eets
  8. English Country Tune
  9. Escape Goat
  10. Fotonica
  11. Gateways
  12. Ichi
  13. Incredipede
  14. Intrusion 2
  15. Jolly Rover
  16. Legend of Grimrock
  17. Little Inferno
  18. MacGuffin's Curse
  19. Offspring Fling!
  20. Overgrowth
  21. Pineapple Smash Crew
  22. Proteus
  23. Puzzle Dimension
  24. Receiver
  25. Retro City Rampage
  26. Rochard
  27. Soulcaster I & II
  28. Sugar Cube : Bittersweet Factory
  29. The Adventures of Shuggy
  30. Tiny and Big : Grandpa's Leftovers
  31. Tower Wars
  32. Trine 2
  33. Universe Sandbox
  34. Vessel
  35. Wizorb

How can I access the store? I've been searching on google but most links seem dead, unless you link directly to an item.

There is no store. Only store products.

Nabs

Dustforce will have a Linux port soon, so I'm thinking that'll probably be in the HIB6. I'm hoping for Tiny & Big as well.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Dustforce will have a Linux port soon, so I'm thinking that'll probably be in the HIB6. I'm hoping for Tiny & Big as well.

I just want games I don't yet own (no such indie games come to mind that I'm greatly anticipating), of which Tiny & Big is one.

1-D_FTW

Yes please to Dustforce. That game is never on sale. Only 1 time so far and I missed it. :(

And it wasn't a huge sale.

If it ends up in the Humble Bundle it wouldn't surprise me in the least, but it'll just make them another indie who doesn't get it. Games should have at least one major sale before these things. If he goes the entire summer sale without a 66 or 75 percent break and then puts it in the bundle, he needs to hire someone with business sense. Because although he won't be the first indie guy to do this, it's an absolutely awful way of maximizing your profits and he'll have left some major coin on the table.

Wok

I have spent more than 15 minutes in Revelations 2012 without knowing where to go, which seems incredible for such a linear game.

A8x3U.jpg

At one point, the player has to light four urns in order to lower a barrier. The hint to explain how to light these was so nebulous I did not get it. I noticed the barrier is temporarily lowered when ennemies come to attack me from the next part of the level through the barrier. The problem is there is an invisible wall unless the four urns are on fire.

I have tried both Revelations 2012 and Dirt Showdown. While R2012 is worse than I could have imagined, Dirt Showdown is a nice arcade race game. I would advise against buying R2012, even for cheap.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I have tried both Revelations 2012 and Dirt Showdown. While R2012 is worse than I could have imagined, Dirt Showdown is a nice arcade race game.

I hope you played Revelations 2012 in co-op to experience dancing through levels together with the "F" button.

My rule for indie bundles:

$15 if I don't own anything
$10 if I own more than 1 game
$5 if I own all games (gift to someone who didn't/couldn't buy it)

Chittagong

Gold Member
Decision time. Should I start Witcher 2 or Skyrim? After a boring grind through AC:R I need a game that is rewarding enough early on to hook me.

Baha

Are any UK gaffers hosting a Borderlands 2 4 pack? I and 2 other friends are interested in joining a 4 pack.

Blizzard

Banned
Decision time. Should I start Witcher 2 or Skyrim? After a boring grind through AC:R I need a game that is rewarding enough early on to hook me.
Are you more interested in open-world dungeon exploration or a plot-driven more-linear RPG?

Which appeals to you more, a nordic snowy mountain isolated style, or a gritty medieval down to earth style?

Some people are probably going to have strong opinions one way or the other (I'd expect strongly worded opinions saying the Witcher 2, and condemnding Skyrim :p), but I would suggest it depends on your personal preferences. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to recall the Witcher 2 having a lot more melee combat, while Skyrim has archery and magic as options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom