• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoosTrax

So I just noticed a certain something in the registry.
I thought there was a reason the art look similar to Shank at first glance.

Tbh though, I wasn't very impressed with Shank. Sure, it had great production values, but for a beat em up, the controls weren't nearly tight and responsive enough.

Steam should add a "IOU" feature, basically you could buy a game on Steam when you are strapped for cash (lets say less than $10) you pay back Steam within the time period, failure to pay will not increase the debt but instead remove random games from you're account, one game per day that you have not paid the debt.

I would be in so much trouble with this.

So I just noticed a certain something in the registry.
Yes!

I thought there was a reason the art look similar to Shank at first glance.

Tbh though, I wasn't very impressed with Shank. Sure, it had great production values, but for a beat em up, the controls weren't nearly tight and responsive enough.

This is better. I wasn't a big fan of Shank but the trial of Mark of the Ninja shows that it's fantastic.

Derrick01

Banned
I started up RAGE again for the first time this year to give me something to do until Borderlands 2 comes out.

I still really like this game and I hope they can squeeze a sequel out before next gen although I guess Doom 4 is up next now. The game still looks amazing if you don't get 2 inches away from something :p. If they can figure out how to make a better open world game, like add a LOT more stuff to do on the side, then it will be perfect.

I also hope the game explores some of the more cool things we usually just see in this game. Like I want to fly or at least ride on one of those airships, maybe have a shootout on one.

And? Toy Soldiers is getting a Steamworks patch and we don't know if MS is actually publishing on PC (or PS3 where this will presumably end up as well).

The developer was pretty adamant on twitter that they can't do PSN due to Microsoft publishing which leads me to believe they will be publishing the PC version too. True that MS may not force GFWL as much now, but both ITSP and Iron brigade still had it recently. But yeah, we can hope for steamworks, playing the XBLA version now and the game is fantastic.

I started up RAGE again for the first time this year to give me something to do until Borderlands 2 comes out.

I still really like this game and I hope they can squeeze a sequel out before next gen although I guess Doom 4 is up next now. The game still looks amazing if you don't get 2 inches away from something :p. If they can figure out how to make a better open world game, like add a LOT more stuff to do on the side, then it will be perfect.

I also hope the game explores some of the more cool things we usually just see in this game. Like I want to fly or at least ride on one of those airships, maybe have a shootout on one.

Well...

To be honest though, I don't mind them taking their time with RAGE 2. I had my fill for some time and I'm actually up for Doom 4.

That said, I 100% agree on the bolded.

Blizzard

Banned
I forget how long Torchlight 2 has been preorder-available. A month or two ago someone was like, want to go in for a 4-pack, and I'm like...apparently I already preordered it at some point.

Hawk269

Is the Big Picture Mode something that we automatically get rolled into for Beta testing or how does once get an invite into it.

The release a new video and only state that "you can try it now by hitting this button", but I have not button????

I want to really try this out as I currently game on a big screen tv so for me this will be perfecto!

JordanKZ

Is the Big Picture Mode something that we automatically get rolled into for Beta testing or how does once get an invite into it.

The release a new video and only state that "you can try it now by hitting this button", but I have not button????

I want to really try this out as I currently game on a big screen tv so for me this will be perfecto!

You can either manually check for a client update via the file menu (if you're in the beta already) otherwise you'll get prompted eventually.

What does the PC port do that the XBox version doesn't? I figured it already ran at 1080p/60fps.

As far as I know there's nothing. PC is just my main platform and I'm trying to phase out the 360 and get used to waiting for games to be ported rather than just jumping on them the day they are released.

Game Guru

How much do the Hitman games rely on stealth? Every time I try to play a Stealth Action Game, I always suck with it... Metal Gear Solid, Splinter Cell... You name it.

Smash88

Banned
I don't know, Gabe. Steam is MySpace and Origin is Facebook.

Good things come to those who wait. So slick! Wow.

ibt5m0nx85Xs3S.gif

I know what this references, still hate it being used...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom