• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
Fucking finally. Next you'll be telling me I'll be able to limit the download speed without having to use NetLimiter!
And then within a couple of years maybe they'll even have an option for you to opt out of game updates instead of being forced to update every time you launch a game! :p

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
And then within a couple of years maybe they'll even have an option for you to opt out of game updates instead of being forced to update every time you launch a game! :p
Right-clicking on a game and choosing "Never update" doesn't work? Or am I missing some kind of sarcasm here?

Blizzard

Banned
Right-clicking on a game and choosing "Never update" doesn't work? Or am I missing some kind of sarcasm here?
It won't update, but you'll need to download everything before you're allowed to launch it.
Bingo. If I recall correctly, Steam also had a habit of randomly reverting the setting (perhaps when you launch the game).

It's specifically an issue with games like Skyrim, where people would make .exe or core file mods, and then launching the game would one day suddenly force an update to be downloaded before they could play, overwriting everything.

I just want to stop random people inviting me into their groups.
Even if they're attractive Russian women who wish to give you free games if you'll just click their links? :<

Tomodachi

You're all wrong, I just want categories that won't go away as they please and that won't require an hour to set because you can only edit individual games.

You're all wrong, I just want categories that won't go away as they please and that won't require an hour to set because you can only edit individual games.

this x 1000. or categories that sync across clients on multiple computers. Had mine all set up and then steam updated the client and they all disappeared.

Does that Quantum Conundrum cover future DLCs? The season pass on the store page is listed as both DLCs and soundtrack, when buying those things separately is half the price.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Does that Quantum Conundrum cover future DLCs? The season pass on the store page is listed as both DLCs and soundtrack, when buying those things separately is half the price.

The Season Pass also includes the base game. And to answer your question, no, it's no different to the Season Pass on Steam -- base game, soundtrack, and the two DLC expansions.

Wok

The Season Pass also includes the base game. And to answer your question, no, it's no different to the Season Pass on Steam -- base game, soundtrack, and the two DLC expansions.

Are there separate keys for the base game and the DLCs or only one for the season pass?

Aw man, I guess I shouldn't have bought the game when it went for $3.75 like last week then.

Checking again if there's any interest in a Torchlight 2 4-pack.

1 spot left, and we still need someone who can host from the US I guess.

1. Me
2. Flunkie
3. ChosenPredator
4. ???

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Puzzle Dimension was really good, didn't care for the others that I played from the Swedish pack.

Hamilton's Great Adventure is good too. Kinda reminds me of Puzzle Dimension except with more things to interact with.

That pack is a great value if you don't own any of the games in it.

Tomodachi

Puzzle Dimension was really good, didn't care for the others that I played from the Swedish pack.
I say fuck these huge packs, it's really unlikely I don't have any of the games they feature. They could at least discount a little the individual games (even 30%, while the pack is 80% off) so I could grab the ones I missed before.

JustinBB7

I love it that Steam is slowly running out of things that it needs. Now people found the different directory install stuff, and specially after big picture mode, green light, mac, linux etc etc. Only a few things remain.

I wonder if they will ever run out of things to fix/add..

MNC

I love it that Steam is slowly running out of things that it needs. Now people found the different directory install stuff, and specially after big picture mode, green light, mac, linux etc etc. Only a few things remain.

I wonder if they will ever run out of things to fix/add..

They can make it less bloaty/more responsive. The new community is great though and works better than old community.

Derrick01

Banned
Stay away from Armageddon people. There isn't a price number known to this universe that would make that game worthwhile.

Guerilla is really good though.

Sysgen

Armageddon is not the open world GTA mission based game that Guerilla is but that is true for most games. Played through Armageddon and the dlc. The lack of an FOV fix and playing on a large monitor is nausea inducing. Thankfully the game plays well with a 360 controller so I just sat back from my monitor or used my TV. On the actual game Armageddon is cool. You can take down structures onto enemies or from beneath them and rebuild them, actually very cool. Like everything, bridges, buildings etc... All kinds of weapons. Meaty story driven campaign. There is a level that puts you in a Descent like Pyro. Again, cool. Nothing not to like except that it's not open world like Guerilla and there is no FOV fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom