• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/220110/
W2Y2O.gif

My body is ready!

ymmv

Banned
Just in case anyone missed it:

Does it do anything useful? All I've been able to do is to make another SteamApps dir. I couldn't move any games to the new directory however. Refreshing the list didn't do anything. New games simply installed to the old directory.

It's a shame. I want to put Steam itself plus maybe a few games to my SSD drive and keep the other games on a regular SATA disk.

1-D_FTW

Guerilla has such a shit open world. It's more of a detriment to the game since it's just this barren space sparse with content.

Yeah. It's not a very good game. What redeems it big time is putting it on Easy and blowing shit up. As such, it's a fun game. But it's not really a good game.

If I buy Critter Crunch, do we get confirmation that Super T.I.M.E. Force will be on PC as well?

If you buy Critter Crunch you will get a copy of Critter Crunch. Beyond that I cannot promise anything. I appreciate the effort though :)

Also: Hi Steam thread! If you have any questions about Critter Crunch on Steam let me know.

Guerilla has such a shit open world. It's more of a detriment to the game since it's just this barren space sparse with content.

Exactly how I feel about it. Armageddon, on the other hand, is actually a decent entry in the series.

Oh, and the Decent style level at the end is worth playing Armageddon for.

It's really hard to go back to Guerilla after playing Just Cause 2. Next Red Faction needs a grappling hook, which at this point probably has a better chance of happening than a new Red Faction game.

Joe Molotov

If you buy Critter Crunch you will get a copy of Critter Crunch. Beyond that I cannot promise anything. I appreciate the effort though :)

Also: Hi Steam thread! If you have any questions about Critter Crunch on Steam let me know.

How do critters taste? Also, which Critters sequel is your favorite? I kinda like the one where they're in space.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Quick question. Do I need to play Digital: A Love Story before Analogue: A Hate Story?

It is not required no, but I suggest it as Digital is free and about an hour and some change long. Really good and worth the time. Presentation is different between the two as well so you have freshness going from one to the other.

Can someone copy paste that announcement? It won't load on my phone for some reason.

First Titles Get The Community’s Greenlight
posted by Alden @ 03:31PM on September 11, 2012
Just under two weeks after launching Steam Greenlight, you've chosen the first group of games you’d like to see on Steam. Steam Greenlight has been hugely valuable in demonstrating community support for games across a wide spectrum of genres and styles, while providing us with a ton of data to help decide which games to release on Steam.

The first 10 titles selected from Greenlight are:

Greenlight Game: Black Mesa
By: Carlos 'cman2k' Montero
Requires only a FREE installation of the Source Sdk Base 2007! We are releasing Black Mesa to the world for FREE on September 14th! Give us a THUMBS UP to help our game get on Steam! When we are on Steam we’ll be able to reach

Greenlight Game: Cry of Fear
By: ruMpel
***Vote this if you want it to be available on Steam! This is a free mod, and should stay free. We will not sell it, it will only make it easier for you to download if it appears on Steam*** DOWNLOAD: Download Cry of Fear here: http://www.moddb.com

Greenlight Game: Dream
By: HyperSloth
Dream is a first person atmospheric exploration game that has you assume the role of Howard Phillips, a young graduate with no direction in life who develops an obsession with his dreams. Discover dreams and nightmares filled with puzzles and secrets to h

Greenlight Game: Heroes & Generals
By: Reto-Moto
Heroes & Generals is a new Free2Play Massive Online FPS with a Strategic Multiplayer Campaign that takes place during World War II. Sign up for a Beta-key at www.HeroesAndGenerals.com and help us make the game YOU want to play!

Greenlight Game: Kenshi
By: Captain Deathbeard
A free-roaming squad based RPG. Focusing on open-ended gameplay features rather than a linear story. Be a trader, a thief, a rebel, a mercenary, a business owner, a doctor, a bandit... the list goes on. Aid or oppose the various factions in the world whil

Greenlight Game: McPixel
By: Sos Sosowski
www.McPixel.net McPixel is a save-the-day guy that you guide through short challenges in an oldschool point'n'click fashion. The goal in each challenge is to prevent stuff from blowing up using available tools! You have only 20 seconds to save t

Greenlight Game: No More Room in Hell
By: NMRiH Dev Team
"When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth." We have been Greenlit by the community! Your support has given our mod a much brighter future! Thank you! No More Room in Hell will always be 100% free. Once officially on

Greenlight Game: Project Zomboid
By: The Indie Stone
Valve have been in touch to say that, through the power of community voting, we’ve been allowed a place on Steam! It’s a massive day for us, and we’d like to take the opportunity to thank each and every person who clicked the Greenlight page on our

Greenlight Game: Routine
By: Aaron Foster
Routine is a first person Survival Horror set on a abandoned Moon Base designed around an 80's vision of the future, Your job is to find enough data and survive long enough to uncover the truth behind the strange disappearance of everyone st

Greenlight Game: Towns
By: supermalparit
WE WILL GIVE FREE STEAM KEYS TO EVERYBODY THAT ALREADY OWNS THE GAME Towns brings a fresh new take on the citybuilding/management genre by introducing many RPG features. Drawing inspiration from games such as Diablo, Dungeon Keeper and Dwarf Fortres

These selected games will be moved to a new Greenlit section within Greenlight (section will be functional shortly), where they will live until they are released and made available on Steam, either as purchasable games, or as free downloads (as is the case with a few of these games). Some of the selected games are still a work in progress and may not be released for a few months, while others are ready to be released immediately.

This is just the beginning, and we will continue to need your help in picking some of the next games to be made available on Steam. Your votes and your feedback is important to us and to the developers in Steam Greenlight, so please keep voting for the games you want to see on Steam!

Make sure and join the Official Steam Greenlight group for the latest news and announcements

Tomodachi

It is not required no, but I suggest it as Digital is free and about an hour and some change long. Really good and worth the time. Presentation is different between the two as well so you have freshness going from one to the other.
Thank you very much, I think I will play it first then.

Had no idea Gray Matter was on Greenlight. Hope that gets through someday soon.
I had no idea! Will support it immediately, I love that game.
Also, everyone should support Cognition, its plot has been written with Jane Jensen's supervision.

vazel

Banned
Why in blazes does Gray Matter have to go through Greenlight. Steam lets other lesser known adventure games on their service. It's Jane Jensen for Christ's sake.

MNC

Hahaha, I watched Apollo 18 yesterday and thought man, there should totally be a open-ended moon game where you are in solitude and discover whatever lies in the secrets of the moon...

And then I learn Routine exists and is greenlit! That's awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom