• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lizardus

I am sure this was covered in the official thread somewhere but can anyone tell me how to take screenshots with a 360 controller in the BPM?

Thanks

kennah

If you buy Critter Crunch you will get a copy of Critter Crunch. Beyond that I cannot promise anything. I appreciate the effort though :)

Also: Hi Steam thread! If you have any questions about Critter Crunch on Steam let me know.

Do you guys get paid for it or does it go into some licensing blackhole?

ShaneB

Hold down RT and hit the guide button, I think.

How is this going to work in games where RT is an action (meaning most games..)? Meaning in a fps you want a shot of a nice vista, but nope, RT shoots off a rocket and ruins your nice screenshot.

edit: unless holding down the guide button voids all buttons and therefore makes RT just take screens.

Miker

How is this going to work in games where RT is an action (meaning most games..)? Meaning in a fps you want a shot of a nice vista, but nope, RT shoots off a rocket and ruins your nice screenshot.

edit: unless holding down the guide button voids all buttons and therefore makes RT just take screens.

I have no clue - I just saw that screen in the settings and haven't actually tried it out myself. You do bring up a point, though - has anybody else tried taking screenshots in BPM?

Fireblend

Banned
If you buy Critter Crunch you will get a copy of Critter Crunch. Beyond that I cannot promise anything. I appreciate the effort though :)

Also: Hi Steam thread! If you have any questions about Critter Crunch on Steam let me know.

Already asked this on the other thread, but this one's much more active and I guess someone else might answer: local multiplayer (1 PC, 2 controllers), is it in?

ShaneB

I have no clue - I just saw that screen in the settings and haven't actually tried it out myself. You do bring up a point, though - has anybody else tried taking screenshots in BPM?

I saw the settings as well, but it just seemed a little odd. Never tried it out either myself, so yes, any feedback would be nice!

Mrbob

Intrusion 2 sounds amazing. 16 bit 2D side scrolling shooter ala Metal slug or Contra? Yes, please. Lots of good reviews, too.

Tomodachi

Why in blazes does Gray Matter have to go through Greenlight. Steam lets other lesser known adventure games on their service. It's Jane Jensen for Christ's sake.
I remember reading something about Valve not thinking the game would have sold enough copies. It's weird actually since any kind of lesser known games get released on Steam.

Your hypothesis is correct. You have to hold HOME and then RT to take the screenshot, the game will not "shoot" (or whatever RT does in that game). The best part of it is that you get a new pop-up for screenshots, one that won't be included in close shots like before.
Or at least, that's what happened for me in Max Payne 3, but it's safe to assume that it will work in the same way for other games.

ShaneB

I remember reading something about Valve not thinking the game would have sold enough copies. It's weird actually since any kind of lesser known games get released on Steam.

Your hypothesis is correct. You have to hold HOME and then RT to take the screenshot, the game will not "shoot" (or whatever RT does in that game). The best part of it is that you get a new pop-up for screenshots, one that won't be included in close shots like before.
Or at least, that's what happened for me in Max Payne 3, but it's safe to assume that it will work in the same way for other games.

Ah, super duper, thanks for the post.

Downloading the first one right now. Still got a considerable amount of games on my backlog, so I won't get to them any time soon. And to be honest, I had my eye on the franchise for a long time.

Look up Pure Faction, you'll need it to be even able to run Red Faction on a modern machine.

Rufus

Downloading the first one right now. Still got a considerable amount of games on my backlog, so I won't get to them any time soon. And to be honest, I had my eye on the franchise for a long time.
Mainly interested in what you think of Armageddon in relation to FEAR. Though I guess it may be very far off, haha.

Look up Pure Faction, you'll need it to be even able to run Red Faction on a modern machine.
And prepare for enemies with hitscan weapons in the final moments of the first game. Maybe knowing what's to come will piss you off less than it did me...

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
OK, so it seems I'll struggle to get the old games running on my machine. Should have read about it before buying. I'm gonna try that Pure Faction mod, and check whether RF2 runs at all. As for the similarities between Armageddon and F.E.A.R., It'll take a long time for me to complete the previous games, and I want to play them in order. If the world hasn't ended yet, I'll post my impressions then :p

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I remember my mom loved Critter Crunch and then got mad because she couldn't beat some of the later levels.

I thought they introduced too many new critter types towards the later levels, it got a bit hectic and I missed the simplicity of the earlier puzzles, but overall it's a pretty fuckin' awesome and charming puzzle game. I have it on PS3 so I'll wait for a sale but it's worth double dipping.

It's 100% CAPY! No publishers, no blackholes, no dudes in suits flying gold helicopters. Thanks for asking too ;)

I wish that were the case for the mobile version. :(

mrgone

Revelations 2012 is kind of the "if it doesn't fit you must acquit" for all of the speculation about the reasoning behind game rejection on Steam. If total bullshit nonsense like that can get a store page on Steam while anything else at all is turned away based on quality or sales potental, the whole process was never reasonable to begin with. I'm glad they're finally doing something about making things more transparent.

CRS

Not too sure where the best place to post this in is but anyone looking to do a 4-pack of Borderlands 2 and Torchlight 2?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Revelations 2012 is kind of the "if it doesn't fit you must acquit" for all of the speculation about the reasoning behind game rejection on Steam. If total bullshit nonsense like that can get a store page on Steam while anything else at all is turned away based on quality or sales potental, the whole process was never reasonable to begin with. I'm glad they're finally doing something about making things more transparent.
I'm curious about trying that game, since I got it from an indie bundle that a fellow GAFfer gifted me. But I don't feel like downloading 6 GB of a game I already know will be horrible :/

nice call on Trine GAF. Been playing the past few days and its pretty fantastic. Gorgeous looking game w/ great soundtrack. Can't wait to play the 2nd one when i finish the 1st

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

source engine

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone still play the first Borderlands?

Been sitting in my backlog like forever.
Yes, when the mood strikes. I'd like to play it more, but I have like 15 games started on Steam, and I keep adding more to that, so I can never give the proper attention to each one. Just add me to Steam (ID's the same as my GAF username) if you wanna play sometime.

Lingitiz

I'd love to play the first Borderlands if anyone wants to. Been really meaning to dive into it. Steam ID is Geflat0 (that's a zero).

Ionic

Has anybody else bought Intrusion 2 yet? I'm only two bosses in and they're some of the best bosses I've fought in years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom