• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spent all fukken day breeding and training horses, but it's finally done. Thanks to MRORANGE for the experience. 8)

V3ElV.jpg

The ending made everything worth it.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Lol, two of the Trine 2 DLC levels have taken me an hour, the other 2 took me half an hour each.

And I still have 2 levels to go.

This DLC was a steal.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
So Red Faction 2 has this weirdest bug where if I don't have a CD or DVD drive it won't launch. As I have a problem with my PCI SATA controller, Windows doesn't recognize my DVD recorder, so I had to mount a virtual drive with Daemon Tools. At least I didn't get the "this machine need more than 8 MB VRAM" message, so it's still better than it could have been.

Ionic

Alright, Intrusion 2 is about two hours long, but I still think it's well worth it. It's just non-stop holy shit moments. Also, the last boss is absolutely spectacular. If you're a Contra or Metal Slug fan then you have to look into it.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
What exactly is Critter Crunch? All I'm getting out of looking at these screenshots is a craving for sugary kids cereal.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51lWASP1QnL._SL500_AA300_PIbundle-6,TopRight,0,0_AA300_SH20_.jpg[/ig][/quote]
It's a puzzle game.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpSrOanl6YM[/url]

Mairu

Any heavy Steam users upgrade to win8 rtm yet? Just wondering if I should be aware of anything that's not going to work, probably going to install win8 on my new ssd this weekend just to try it out

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Any heavy Steam users upgrade to win8 rtm yet? Just wondering if I should be aware of anything that's not going to work, probably going to install win8 on my new ssd this weekend just to try it out
BPM crashes when used on a Win 8 system that's using the latest AMD drivers.

Additionally, we are aware of the issue with crashes on Windows 8 combined with the latest AMD drivers. We’ll be working with AMD to try to get the driver crash fixed. For now, rolling back to older (8.97.10.6) drivers may help if this is impacting you.

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=42007839&postcount=1373

Ledsen

I wouldn't recommend Armageddon. Sure the weapons are great, and the level design isn't anymore "run down this straight corridor" than other games in the same genre (which is to say it's only that and nothing else), but the enemies are some of the most boring I've ever fought in a shooter. With the exception of some huge brawler guys, they're basically indistinguishable from one another, and have no interesting gimmicks whatsoever. All they do is try to ineffectually shoot and/or slice you. I did finish the game so it has that going for it, but I wouldn't recommend anyone dedicate their time to it as long as they have something else to play.

You're all wrong, I just want categories that won't go away as they please and that won't require an hour to set because you can only edit individual games.

this x 1000. or categories that sync across clients on multiple computers. Had mine all set up and then steam updated the client and they all disappeared.

Just backup the userdata/somenumber/7 folder, that's where they're kept.

GFWL makes it hard already but even without it I wouldn't recommend Guerrilla. Got bored very very quickly. Only redeeming part was the tech for me.

Edit: Goddamn, Quantum Conundrum is a mess. Not even talking about the game itself (which has various issues) but technically speaking it's such a barebones port and doesn't even run that great. I'm constantly getting hiccups.

Tomodachi

Probably already mentioned, but if you have Steam minimized in the tray bar and press the Home button on the 360 pad, BPM starts up.

MAGIC.

Except there's a little bug that leaves the windows bar in the foreground until you click on the BPM itself with the mouse, but well it's still in beta right?

Deepo

Oh man, that Intrusion 2 demo: So fucking fun! Bought the full version now. Hope it keeps up the quality of the demo levels!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
In preparation for this:

I plan on deinstalling Steam from my HDD and installing it on my SSD. Obviously I want to keep my games and their respective states. Just copying my steamapps folder should suffice, right?

That's a bingo.

JustinBB7

In preparation for this:

I plan on deinstalling Steam from my HDD and installing it on my SSD. Obviously I want to keep my games and their respective states. Just copying my steamapps folder should suffice, right?

Yup.

I always find installing games on C: is better though, most games make save folders or install by default to C:, if not the whole thing, they still install parts there. I've gotten a few broken games in the past because they were pulling stuff from C:, while all my games were on D:.

So for that reason I'll never really use things like Steam mover or steam's own future feature for it. But it's good it's there for other people that do want it, it's been highly requested.

1-D_FTW

Lol, two of the Trine 2 DLC levels have taken me an hour, the other 2 took me half an hour each.

And I still have 2 levels to go.

This DLC was a steal.

*Phew*

So I'm not a dummy for taking as long as I have.

Still haven't finished either, but I can safely say they've upped the creativity with this one. Which is amazing, because I already thought they were best in business at creating fantastical fairy tales.

Did I mention it looks incredible? Each new level has like it's own theme and they all look mindblowingly good. Other devs should feel ashamed.

I wish I could teleport you so you could witness the game in 1080P 3D @60fps. It really is shit you would not believe.

Blitzhex

I've been on w8 rtm for about 17 days now. Steam works perfectly, including BPM and all the games I've been playing recently like dota 2, cs go and sleeping dogs.

I would love to start a thread that focuses on finding the right HTPC case for Big Picture Mode. Unfortunately, a Junior member here, but I'm hoping someone takes the initiative to create a thread that is both informative and focused on gaming in the living room.

And in case someone redirects me to the HTPCs thread: there's no discussion of gaming in those whatsoever. Thanks.

I would love to start a thread that focuses on finding the right HTPC case for Big Picture Mode. Unfortunately, a Junior member here, but I'm hoping someone takes the initiative to create a thread that is both informative and focused on gaming in the living room.

It's your idea (and an excellent one at that) so you should be the thread creator. PM a mod, maybe then can help you out.

1-D_FTW

And in case someone redirects me to the HTPCs thread: there's no discussion of gaming in those whatsoever. Thanks.

It's been discussed in the PC thread at times. Honestly, the Alienware X51 is hands down the best HTPC case out there. Unfortunately, you do need to buy the whole system from Dell. And even though it's small, it will fit certain 660ti cards in it.

Options are kind of limited. IMO Silverstone makes the most attractive HTPC cases:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...NodeId=1&Description=silverstone+htpc&x=0&y=0

JustinBB7

Source Engine Code Leak (Version 2007)

Discussion in 'News' started by Hectic Glenn, Sep 12, 2012 at 11:49 AM.

Reports from a Russian website have spread today that the engine codebase for the Source 2007 engine has been leaked. The breach seems to have occured a long time ago but only now have the files surfaced which we have seen available for download in various locations.

According to those who have accessed the material, the files contain information for Team Fortress 2, Counter Strike: Source, Day of Defeat: Source, Half-life: Source, Portal, Portal - Multiplayer test (the failed original MP for Portal) and Half-life 2: Deathmatch. According to our researchers only one reference to Episode 3 exists, which resides in the code for npc_surface.

Interlopers states that the engine was packaged in this form for game developers who license the Source engine.

Valve have previously been asked whether they would make the source code available for any of their games, even those on the gldsrc engine but said they would not as it makes exploiting the engine easier for cheats in their multiplayer titles. As such we imagine this could turn out to be a problem for some of the titles mentioned above, although the code is somewhat outdated (2007) and as such, most games have long since been updated from this version.

More updates on this soon.

From http://www.valvetime.net/threads/source-engine-code-leak-version-2007.223834/

Was just randomly browsing and found that site with that as their latest post. Wonder how bad it could potentially be, but hopefully not at all.

masterkajo

Been playing around with BPM for some time now. But I still have a question: When browsing your library is there a way to tell if a game is controller enabled (like there is when visiting the game's store page)? I have accumulated quite some games now and it is hard to remember which can be played with a controller and which can't.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Been playing around with BPM for some time now. But I still have a question: When browsing your library is there a way to tell if a game is controller enabled (like there is when visiting the game's store page)? I have accumulated quite some games now and it is hard to remember which can be played with a controller and which can't.

There's nothing in the library section, but most store pages will list gamepad support, although not all of them do. The quickest way to find out for sure is to just ask in this thread.

masterkajo

graywolf323

there's a really good thread on the Steam forums if you use a 360 controller

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2304657

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom