• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

1-D_FTW

Have you tried putting it on easy? levels might go faster.

But why would you want to rush? It's an experience to be relished.

Plus I doubt easy would do much. The combat isn't the real issue. It's building contraptions that work that takes the time.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I spent all fukken day breeding and training horses, but it's finally done. Thanks to MRORANGE for the experience. 8)

V3ElV.jpg

The ending made everything worth it.

What was the ending

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
I wouldn't recommend Armageddon. Sure the weapons are great, and the level design isn't anymore "run down this straight corridor" than other games in the same genre (which is to say it's only that and nothing else), but the enemies are some of the most boring I've ever fought in a shooter. With the exception of some huge brawler guys, they're basically indistinguishable from one another, and have no interesting gimmicks whatsoever. All they do is try to ineffectually shoot and/or slice you. I did finish the game so it has that going for it, but I wouldn't recommend anyone dedicate their time to it as long as they have something else to play.
For Armageddon, I have to give the caveat that you have to play on the highest difficulty to avoid falling asleep, and even then the game is still pretty easy with a mouse and keyboard. The game is heavy on the spectacle and light on tactics. Still, rocket juggling enemies and then sniping them out of mid air is pretty fun.

Someone can write a passionate plea about how I need to buy some game and I'll go oh okay I'll think about it.

When you say never ever buy this game, I instantly want it.

1-D_FTW

Someone can write a passionate plea about how I need to buy some game and I'll go oh okay I'll think about it.

How did I know this was going to happen:)

Next time Dead Space goes on sale, I'm going to call it the worst piece of garbage ever made and an affront to all of humanity.

nexen

It isn't entertainingly bad like some games are though. It is just the boring flavor of bad where there is little to no actual gameplay.

Ragdoll Kung Fu: The game PSN users regret getting for free.
I have to look at that game's ugly icon every time I scroll through my trophies on PSN. PC version's different though, and I think it was the first purchasable game on Steam that wasn't made by Valve. That's gotta count for something! Still terrible though.

What was the ending
I just wouldn't feel right spoiling it, you just have to play it and find out. Can a computer make you cry? Yes. Yes it can.

RetroGreg

That is the greatest pillow case I have ever seen. So so funny. I've often thought about putting a Gabe picture in a frame on my desk at work just to see if anyone ever noticed as a joke.

dot

heh everyone is dropping gfwl little by little. the day capcom does will be a glorius one.

I hope they do it with RE6. I think i read a comment on Unity that hinted at SFxT being one of the last Capcom games to have GFWL but i'm not getting my hopes up.

Hell would freeze before it could happen, although this is most likely what capcom will go for:

they will at one point.i know some of those guys get the complaints.i think its because they find it cheaper and easier since 360 has a similar service.maybe when the next xbox releases.

I hope they do it with RE6. I think i read a comment on Unity that hinted at SFxT being one of the last Capcom games to have GFWL but i'm not getting my hopes up.

I hope this is true. Then again, "interesting" and "PC" don't go well together with Capcom. Maybe Dragon's Dogma 2...

iNvid02

pretty sure EA will do its own version of steamworks, but origin is still lacking cheevos and other key features yet so it might be a while

1-D_FTW

I think CodeMasters finally realized that people bougth DLC from steam instead of the GFWL store.

It's a shame the last Dirt and F1 have been such abominations. I'd say I hope Codemasters doesn't get the wrong idea when people ignore both, but if this is the new quality of their games, they could be running GFWL on top of Origin on top of Uplay and nobody would really raise a stink... because nobody would even care anymore. Shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom