• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't even loaded my freebie yet. Instantly regretted adding it and still wish I would have just given the code to someone
I hate

I'll be honest here. I've been playing it a lot lately.

ymryl.jpg

Yes, it's the worst Dirt ever. BUT IT WAS FREE.

1-D_FTW

I'll be honest here. I've been playing it a lot lately.

http://i.imgur.com/ymryl.jpg[/MG]

Yes, it's the worst Dirt ever. BUT IT WAS FREE.[/QUOTE]

Truthfully, if I ever load it, the same very well could happen to me. It's looks like total shit, but I do have a real soft spot for destruction derby.

so wait a minute, I need a GAMESPY account to play Borderlands GOTY with my friends over STEAM? Hello 1996. :/
I know, probably a stupid question, but I was kinda awestruck when I saw that Gamespy logo...

x3sphere

so wait a minute, I need a GAMESPY account to play Borderlands GOTY with my friends over STEAM? Hello 1996. :/
I know, probably a stupid question, but I was kinda awestruck when I saw that Gamespy logo...

That's why I never bothered with coop in BL. Thankfully the sequel is using Steamworks.

So, apparently Steam doesn't want me to own more games. I'm trying to register a Steam-key from that Build your own Bundle but as soon as I click the "Activate a Product on Steam" Steam crashes.

Anyone else experiencing this?

edit: Seems to be an issue related to the beta. I opted out from the beta and now it works fine

deejay

So, apparently Steam doesn't want me to own more games. I'm trying to register a Steam-key from that Build your own Bundle but as soon as I click the "Activate a Product on Steam" Steam crashes.

Anyone else experiencing this?

edit: Seems to be an issue related to the beta. I opted out from the beta and now it works fine

Had the same problem. It also seems to be related to the -dev command line.

dot

That's why I never bothered with coop in BL. Thankfully the sequel is using Steamworks.

lol what? Gamespy wasn't even that big of a deal. A bit odd yes, but not Konami ID level-of-absurdity. It took me literally 10 seconds to create a gamespy account, in game.

Blizzard

Banned
lol what? Gamespy wasn't even that big of a deal. A bit odd yes, but not Konami ID level-of-absurdity. It took me literally 10 seconds to create a gamespy account, in game.
The matchmaking stuff with Gamespy was pretty horrible for some people though, like me -- even with port forwarding it seemed to work for some people but not others. It was one of the very few games I regret getting since I got it at launch before some stuff got improved.

I kind of want to play through the singleplayer some day.

Nabs

Notice: Worms™ Armageddon is available for a limited time with the pre-purchase of Worms™ Revolution.

I guess I'll keep using my disc copy. I want to get Revolution one day, but not on Day 1.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
http://store.steampowered.com/news/8844/

Another new Worms for sale, and a pre-order bonus is Worms Armageddon, which will not be availible any other way..

I never played Armageddon (I always LOVED Worms 2), but I always hear that's people favorite worms game, so this seems kind of a dick move by Team 17..

Although I expect Armageddon to pop up on Steam on its own eventually, I'd rather not ignore the possibility that I'm wrong, so this mischievous move has pried $15 from me.

Blizzard

Banned
If anyone had told me 10 years ago Worms would be getting a season pass I'd have sent a sheep to his fucking face.
Doesn't the guy who made the original Worms post on NeoGAF? We should lobby him to use his mighty powers to make things better or something. :p (he may not be involved for all I know)

Doesn't the guy who made the original Worms post on NeoGAF? We should lobby him to use his mighty powers to make things better or something. :p (he may not be involved for all I know)
Pretty sure he has nothing to do with it. And if I had to guess it probably pisses him off more than us.

dot

The matchmaking stuff with Gamespy was pretty horrible for some people though, like me -- even with port forwarding it seemed to work for some people but not others. It was one of the very few games I regret getting since I got it at launch before some stuff got improved.

Huh...glad i didn't have any problems. I played it during the whole free weekend thing with a friend. Co-op is so much fun.

Good thing they went Steamworks for the sequel then.

Blizzard

Banned
Huh...glad i didn't have any problems. I played it during the whole free weekend thing with a friend. Co-op is so much fun.

Good thing they went Steamworks for the sequel then.
I figure I even tried to do the port forwarding stuff, and maybe my memory is distorting everything or everyone was somehow doing it wrong (despite some people being able to host for certain joiners but not for others?)...but I remember right after launch, having issues playing with people locally, but somehow managing to join these random guys in New Zealand and play a few levels with them.

The ping was naturally horrible, but they were decent and had cool accents. :p

Sarcasm

Steam Big Picture mode has screwed up my controllers into thinking there is already one plugged in..so when I play a annoying GFWL game I can't use the button to (that acts like hitting home on KB) to open the GFWL overlay nor can I activate it.

MRORANGE

Steam Big Picture mode has screwed up my controllers into thinking there is already one plugged in..so when I play a annoying GFWL game I can't use the button to (that acts like hitting home on KB) to open the GFWL overlay nor can I activate it.

Use "Home" key.

MRORANGE

Too lazy is/was soo much easier to navigate GFWL overlay with controller. On top if I use the mouse to navigate it sucks since the mouse doesn't line up with the buttons.

Opt out of the beta then?

or try mapping the home key to a unused button if you can.

Chronoja

Although I expect Armageddon to pop up on Steam on its own eventually, I'd rather not ignore the possibility that I'm wrong, so this mischievous move has pried $15 from me.

Rayman 2 never showed up after being a pre-order bonus for Rayman Origins. Not saying it'll be the same situation but if you want Armageddon, I'd get it now just to be safe.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Quote for a CreaVures key and a Kaptain Brawe: A Brawe New World key.

Edit: Gone.

Rayman 2 never showed up after being a pre-order bonus for Rayman Origins. Not saying it'll be the same situation but if you want Armageddon, I'd get it now just to be safe.

Ah, true. The game still lacks an icon, although it has a grid image, strangely enough.

HoosTrax

So I thought they fixed the back button not working properly when browsing the Store? Still seems broken to me.

Steam reminds me of Google sometimes. Everything is constant beta state and something always broken. Like my Chrome bookmark order. Which I can never arrange to my liking without Chrome randomly rearranging them as it pleases :s

Derrick01

Banned
I thought they fixed offline mode? My internet has been off and on (and almost dial up quality when on) all day and I couldn't play Rage when I turned my PC on with my internet off. In fact I couldn't get on to Steam at all. Offline mode worked better for me when it wasn't for everyone else :(

x3sphere

Yep... maybe they've improved it since but I was getting lots of connection problems at launch. Got pretty fed up with it and just stuck to SP. Really glad they went Steamworks for this one otherwise I would've passed up on it because of the bad experience with Gamespy.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
So I thought they fixed the back button not working properly when browsing the Store? Still seems broken to me.

Steam reminds me of Google sometimes. Everything is constant beta state and something always broken. Like my Chrome bookmark order. Which I can never arrange to my liking without Chrome randomly rearranging them as it pleases :s
That's the problem: you're not using Opera :p

The back button problem happens only with the beta client, BPM or the good ol' normal client?

How does one use subscribed items from the TF2 Workshop?

The tf2 workshop doesn't work like the skyrim workshop.

It's like greenlight, a dumping ground for models that the developers pick stuff to put in the game. They aren't mods or reskins.

You can reskin weapons in the game though, but it has nothing to do with the workshop.

The tf2 workshop doesn't work like the skyrim workshop.

It's like greenlight, a dumping ground for models that the developers pick stuff to put in the game. They aren't mods or reskins.

You can reskin weapons in the game though, but it has nothing to do with the workshop.

I hope all the Night of the Living Update stuff gets in. It looks like it will, judging by the latest TF blog update.

Ledsen

For Armageddon, I have to give the caveat that you have to play on the highest difficulty to avoid falling asleep, and even then the game is still pretty easy with a mouse and keyboard. The game is heavy on the spectacle and light on tactics. Still, rocket juggling enemies and then sniping them out of mid air is pretty fun.

Yeah I did play on the highest difficulty (I usually do), and the difficulty was fine. It was just the enemy design that really soured me on the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom