• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 4 - winter seal is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smash88

Banned
WarZ is up for sale.

But reading all of the problems and the Steam Forums for WarZ. Holy crap it sounds like a nightmare. I'll be staying away from that garbage.

Does anyone remember the name of that Steam cleaning utility? I think I remember reading about a tool that helps by deleting a lot of old junk files Steam makes over the years.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Not a scam, just a company that is trying to hide their past and make a quick buck off the DayZ hype.
Oh, maybe I'm mistaken then. I seem to recall reading about the devs banning people without cause, to make them buy a new copy and stuff like that.

HoosTrax

Did Little Inferno get the GiantBomb treatment or something?

Edit: I randomly saw it on the top ten for a minute there, but it might have been a glitch.

Dingotech

I posted in that Amazon thread, but I'll ask here too.

If anybody buys an Amazon bundle with Bioshock that doesn't want it, I'm very interested in sending you some money.

Grief.exe

WarZ is up for sale.

But reading all of the problems and the Steam Forums for WarZ. Holy crap it sounds like a nightmare. I'll be staying away from that garbage.

Really people shouldn't buy this game before they research into it.

Game is kind of a scam and is very shady.

Ledsen

I do. I want my games to be usable for as long as I live, provided that I have the right hardware to run them. Having an install limit goes against that, and I'd be paying for something that I may not be able to use in the future.

Still, I may pick it up if it's cheap enough. $5 for the GOTY editions of both games wouldn't be too bad.

You take this way too seriously. It's $7 for a Batman video game, not $1000 for a gold watch. How many things that cost $7 do you have that will last your entire life?

HoosTrax

You take this way too seriously. It's $7 for a Batman video game, not $1000 for a gold watch. How many things that cost $7 do you have that will last your entire life?
Body piercings? I could have a pair of permanent holes put into my flesh for that $7 you know!

Woo, someone bought my paint on the market for 2.80.
This is living.

I went from $0.55 to $2.65 bucks thanks to a couple Mann Co. tickets and a few crates. I'll join you in the Tycoon Lounge with a fat cigar and a glass of single malt whiskey.

Too bad nobody buys my crates anymore. Time to switch to Dota 2 chests.

Can't wait for Winter Sale!

BTW I'm trying to buy Skyrim in GMG but I'm getting this damn error about "Your Payment Provider has not authorised your purchase. This may be because some banks (incorrectly) believe that Green Man Gaming is a gambling website. Please contact your bank to discuss your order. We are working with these banks to resolve this issue."

I don't know what to do, I still think the error is from them (GMG) than the bank, because I've tried two different cards (both Mastercards) using Paypal and I still get this error. =(

Joe Molotov

That's one of those no brainers that should have been implemented ages ago, but props to them for finally doing it.

I dunno man, during the Christmas Sale it's gonna be like YOU HAVE 50 NEW EMAILS...THEY'RE ALL FROM STEAM every time I check my email.

mrgone

Really people shouldn't buy this game before they research into it.

Game is kind of a scam and is very shady.

I'm curious why they didn't have to put their shitty game through Greenlight. It'd probably make it through without issue, but I'd really like to see terrible devs with terrible products deal with at least a little of the same bullshit that some of the good ones have to endure.

Probably some prior dealings that Valve should at least be called on :)

DTKT

I'm curious why they didn't have to put their shitty game through Greenlight. It'd probably make it through without issue, but I'd really like to see terrible devs with terrible products deal with at least a little of the same bullshit that some of the good ones have to endure.

Probably some prior dealings that Valve should be at least called on :)

War Inc, a terrible F2P game, was released on Steam. That gave them the easy in they needed to get something like WarZ on Steam.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
So were like 7 games published by Wadjet Eye. They still had to Greenlight Primordia :p

I think that's more because of the type of game. They had 3 or 4 games on the Steam Store, but had problems releasing Gemini Rue.

Even Valve must have it's doubts about Adventure Games on the platform, it seems.

mrgone

I think that's more because of the type of game. They had 3 or 4 games on the Steam Store, but had problems releasing Gemini Rue.

Even Valve must have it's doubts about Adventure Games on the platform, it seems.

They really did have seven published games on the store before Primordia went up on Greenlight - all but one of them are adventure games, though, so you're probably right that it's a profitability thing :( As gross as it is, War Z's probably going to sell well.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
They really did have seven published games on the store before Primordia went up on Greenlight - all but one of them are adventure games, though, so you're probably right that it's a profitability thing :( As gross as it is, War Z's probably going to sell well.

"Hey, you have six of those and they sell like shit, our audience probably doesn't want them. Fell free to submit to Greenlight!"

I'd say it went like that with less harsh words.

Having a PC is not a guarantee of any level of intelligence. Neogaf is just a little bubble of hope in a sea of ignorance.

Nobody really knows about those shady elements of the company - I wouldn't if I didn't read neogaf.

And a cheaper alternative to DayZ seems like a good idea to me. Specially since ArmA II stopped getting decent discounts after DayZ fame.

DTKT

"Hey, you have six of those and they sell like shit, our audience probably doesn't want them. Fell free to submit to Greenlight!"

I'd say it went like that with less harsh words.

Nobody really knows about those shady elements of the company - I wouldn't if I didn't read neogaf.

And a cheaper alternative to DayZ seems like a good idea to me. Specially since ArmA II stopped getting decent discounts after DayZ fame.

The issue is that it doesn't become an alternative. It becomes the default option when it's the only one on the market and is way cheaper than Combined Ops for the moment.

But it's also a less ambitious, more formulaic and made by people I wouldn't trust with anything. Most people will just see the Z, see it's cheaper, assume it's Rocket new project and buy it.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
The issue is that it doesn't become an alternative. It becomes the default option when it's the only one on the market and is way cheaper than Combined Ops for the moment.

But it's also a less ambitious, more formulaic and made by people I wouldn't trust with anything. Most people will just see the Z, see it's cheaper, assume it's Rocket new project and buy it.

I entirely agree with you. I'm just exposing my opinions on why it's the top seller game on the list right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom