• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 4 - winter seal is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derrick01

Banned
So Derrick, did you break on Hitman Absolution yet?

Nope. Besides having no money anyway right now I have a strict $20 or less policy with that game since I already know it's going to massively disappoint me as a Hitman fan. I'm going to go into it seeing how it is as a stealth game in general instead of a Hitman game, but only for the right price.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Nope. Besides having no money anyway right now I have a strict $20 or less policy with that game since I already know it's going to massively disappoint me as a Hitman fan. I'm going to go into it seeing how it is as a stealth game in general instead of a Hitman game, but only for the right price.

Good news! You can snag it for $20 right now: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007VFHIHA/?tag=neogaf0e-20

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I have a copy of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - SOC and Metro 2033 to give out. Quote this message and tell me which one you want. One per person.

stalker

Edit: Sorry, quick reply to get the first one. :D

If I could get stalker, I'd love it. I could finally try the game and see if it's all that people say it is.

Edit2: Thank you kind sir!

It's "I need a new game to play," time bored of practically everything I have. I want that new Thief game honestly not really hyped for anything else.

Planetside 2 is getting strangely boring all of a sudden.

Guess I need to buy Dishonored.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
You take this way too seriously. It's $7 for a Batman video game, not $1000 for a gold watch. How many things that cost $7 do you have that will last your entire life?
Cheese? I don't eat cheese, so $7 worth of it would last me a lifetime. Not that I would want to waste my money on that shit :p

The main problem is that the game gets permanently attached to the Steam and GFWL accounts. While you can have Steam Support remove the game from your account in case you waste all the activations and revokes, I don't know if that's possible with the GFWL one.

But I really want to play those games, heard a lot of great things. I only hope I don't get burned like with BioShock.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Bit.Trip Void and Runner 2 in the registry.
Oh. Fuck. Yeah.

I have no words to express my feelings right now. Runner 2 on Steam. Yeah.

EDIT: if only Flux were announced, the world could end tomorrow and I wouldn't even care.

DTKT

That's so far away. What am I going to do with my time until then... I guess I could play Dark Souls.

So apparently THQ has flooded the internets with Metro 2033 codes. I think this is their strategy to get more people excited about the sequel.

It's an elaborate ploy to make the maximum amount of people aware of the Metro brand. It's going to help when they are going to liquidate most of their extra franchises.

EDIT: if only Flux were announced, the world could end tomorrow and I wouldn't even care.

Pretty sure they're working to get all of the series on PC.

Beat
Core
Void
Runner

are all out or coming out soon, leaving Fate and Flux. They're probably working their way towards it. Love those games.

Ok this is the problem, every time I launch Viking Battle for Asgard, the "Play Viking & Configure Viking" window keeps popping, like 4 or 5 times, does this is happening to anyone else?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty sure they're working to get all of the series on PC.

Beat
Core
Void
Runner

are all out or coming out soon, leaving Fate and Flux. They're probably working their way towards it. Love those games.
One of my favorite franchises from this gen, though I only completed half of the games (they are HARD). I'd love to see the challenges that appeared on the Wii Bit.Trip Complete collection released on Steam, at least as DLC.

I just started up Dark Souls for the first time to see if the Durante fix works and it keeps crashing! It loads up in windowed mode and then asks me to enter my GFWL key but doesn't accept any key presses. When I click into the window it says Dark Souls is not responding :/

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I just started up Dark Souls for the first time to see if the Durante fix works and it keeps crashing! It loads up in windowed mode and then asks me to enter my GFWL key but doesn't accept any key presses. When I click into the window it says Dark Souls is not responding :/
Try launching the game without the fix, entering the key and disabling AA or blur (don't remember which setting it was) from the video options. Then the game should work fine with the fix enabled.

Well looky here, who's the #1 contributor to the IndieGala Crazy Machines bundle...

<----$5.01! Big spender over here! :)

Oh, there is a Crazy Machines IndieGala. Crazy Machines and Crazy Machines 1.5 for min. 99 cents, or pay $4.99 or more to also get Crazy Machines 2 and Crazy Machines Elements.

Try launching the game without the fix, entering the key and disabling AA or blur (don't remember which setting it was) from the video options. Then the game should work fine with the fix enabled.

I did start it without the fix first and I can not get past the key entering process. It never loads :/

WarZ had a lot of potential to fix all the jank that is present in DayZ. A shame they didn't capitalize on the opportunity, going by people's impressions so far.

dreamfall

This Winter Sale anticipation is such a lovely feeling. Steam is pretty amazing, and GAF giving away codes is truly special. GAH! The Holiday Spirit!

This Winter Sale anticipation is such a lovely feeling. Steam is pretty amazing, and GAF giving away codes is truly special. GAH! The Holiday Spirit!

I'm really excited for the sale, I've actually never done a giveaway but I will soon. I have my wallet topped up and I'm ready to go!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yeah, $5.

Very tempting.

Rage or Spec Ops: The Line?

Well, Rage has fantastic FPS gameplay (I didn't mind the vehicular gameplay, either) and a nonexistent story, whereas the consensus on Spec Ops seems to be that it has mediocre TPS gameplay but the story is better than average and quite well-told.

zkylon

zkylewd
Eh I'll do both and see how I can make them fit the escape clause on the 1 year no buy challenge...

I'm kinda leaning more towards Spec Ops because interesting storytelling in games is one in a million.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom