• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 4 - winter seal is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to go on there a lot and it was fun. This time they just bitched about GAF users and then some dude gave me shit about my username being too long so I changed it to ":D" and make a couple harmless jokes about my new one being shorter than his. Then some random guy says "who is this douche" and bans me.

Pretty lame. It was fun to get on there during sales and such and shoot the shit like a year ago.

Meh, if you "used to go on there alot" then you'd know people constantly ban/kick regulars for shits n giggles. You were unbanned right away and nothing was meant by it.

He was trying to make a joke over the new avatar and not knowing who you are.

Isaccard

Is GAF Steam Chat that bad? I went there yesterday (or 2 days ago) and no one was talking. Didn't seem like a scary bunch to me.

That's because a large group of those who used to inhabit the chat abandoned it in favor of keeping their clique pure and started a new one.

Plenty of discussion happens there [in the original chat], you just came when everyone was afk or doing something else

That said, there's no solidarity between NeoGAF, and (the) SteamGAF group. It sucks, honestly.

Edit: There is no negative context in this post.

haikira

What's the word on RAGE: The Scorchers? Yay or nay?

I had a good time with RAGE, right up until that middle finger of an ending.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
That's because a large group of those who used to inhabit the chat abandoned it in favor of keeping their clique pure and started a new one.

Plenty of discussion happens there, you just came when everyone was afk or doing something else

That said, there's no solidarity between NeoGAF, and (the) SteamGAF group. It sucks, honestly.
How can I access the new chat then? I don't have any idea how this Steam chat stuff works, I'm a total noob :p

Kifimbo

Sounds like Capcom will have decent deals in the next Steam sale.

On the PC side of the fence, Steam's holiday sale starting on 12/20 will take a huge chunk off a ton of Capcom titles and DLC, including:

Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City
Street Fighter X Tekken
Devil May Cry 3 & 4
Various Nyu Media titles

. . . and a whole lot more. Get all your holiday shopping done without ever leaving your desk chair.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregama...e-3rd-strike-and-re4-on-psn-steam-sale-coming

Sorry if old.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I think every single time I went into the SteamGAF chat, people were talking about dicks, butts, homosexuality and "shut up you idiot who are you i'll kick you".

I understand that most of the times it was to "scare" people away and maintain the breed pure... but it's kinda silly on the fifth time it happens sequentially.

Specially when I'm just telling people to "hey the new humble bundle is out" or "hey who wants this free game" and the answers are "fuck the new humble bundle" or "fuck you and your game".

Firebrand

Screw you, Ys.

UHcPZ.jpg

Got around to installing it (Oath in Felghana) after having it in my inventory for so long. Really enjoying it, but it's also pretty darn hard at times! How's Ys: Origins? Will have to add that to my shopping list for the holiday sales.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Will this be the year I finally get my $5 copy of DMC4? I have refused to buy it for anything less after Capcom changed the price mid-purchase a few years back.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Ah, I'm running it with a 7850. And yeah, it's definitely the particles. It really is one of those bizarre games where AMD users are completely screwed over compared to Nvidia users. I wasn't too bothered about driver support difference between the two companies (after previously owning a GTX 260) until I played Binary Domain.
I tend to characterize those type of problems as "devs not giving a fuck" rather than driver problems, per se.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Screw you, Ys.

UHcPZ.jpg

Got around to installing it (Oath in Felghana) after having it in my inventory for so long. Really enjoying it, but it's also pretty darn hard at times! How's Ys: Origins? Will have to add that to my shopping list for the holiday sales.
Sorry to be that guy, I couldn't help but notice how it says "Consult an FAQ Already". Seriously, whoever's the dev of this game? "An" FAQ?

Exuro

Sorry to be that guy, I couldn't help but notice how it says "Consult an FAQ Already". Seriously, whoever's the dev of this game? "An" FAQ?
Well I don't think you're suppose to pronounce FAQ, but rather spell it out and F starts with an e sound.

I think every single time I went into the SteamGAF chat, people were talking about dicks, butts, homosexuality and "shut up you idiot who are you i'll kick you".

I understand that most of the times it was to "scare" people away and maintain the breed pure... but it's kinda silly on the fifth time it happens sequentially.

Specially when I'm just telling people to "hey the new humble bundle is out" or "hey who wants this free game" and the answers are "fuck the new humble bundle" or "fuck you and your game".

Pics or it didn't happen.

Finished up Sleeping Dogs tonight. Really enjoyed it! Hope to grab the DLC during the sale.

Going to start Spec Ops tonight. Based on what everyone's been saying, it seems like setting it to easy to see the story is the way to go, yeah?

Well I don't think you're suppose to pronounce FAQ, but rather spell it out and F starts with an e sound.
In my head, it's always FAQ. If I were to say it to someone though, definitely an "eff-ay-cue". So, yeah, it's fine.

Capcpom actually taking part in a Steam sale is nice. I hope a "huge chunk" is at least 75%.

KNT-Zero

Screw you, Ys.

UHcPZ.jpg

LOL my thoughts exactly when I got that achievement.

In my opinion, it's better than Oath. But you'll find I'm in the minority.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I should be playing The Witcher, why am I still here? :/

It will only get worse come Winter Seal. I picture 2 hours of gaming at most in the next 2 weeks.

oipic

I should be playing The Witcher, why am I still here? :/

Same-same - just started playing through the prologue (again!) with the aim of finally, finally, striking The Witcher from the backlog (to make room for the sequel, which I'll be hoping to buy during the next couple of weeks). Should be completing Witcher 2 this time next year, at this rate...

It will only get worse come Winter Seal. I picture 2 hours of gaming at most in the next 2 weeks.

Indeed - the sale becomes the game, and a time-consuming one. Between F5-the GAF sale thread constantly, to tracking flash sales and (fingers crossed) achievement hunting, along with perhaps some trading of coal or other similar commodity, gaming time is going to be scarce. BRING IT ON.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Same-same - just started playing through the prologue (again!) with the aim of finally, finally, striking The Witcher from the backlog (to make room for the sequel, which I'll be hoping to buy during the next couple of weeks). Should be completing Witcher 2 this time next year, at this rate...

Indeed - the sale becomes the game, and a time-consuming one. Between F5-the GAF sale thread constantly, to tracking flash sales and (fingers crossed) achievement hunting, along with perhaps some trading of coal or other similar commodity, gaming time is going to be scarce. BRING IT ON.
Steam is blocked on my work, so I'll miss half the fun.

Are you liking the game so far? I'm at chapter 2, and loved everything about it. The intro cutscene is awesome!

Tizoc

I can't help you there, since I don't play games. CK2 in particular does have a demo on Steam, though, so you could play it to familiarise yourself with its intricacies.

Hmm will dl it and try it out over the weekend, just hope my lappy can run it fine at minimum settings.

Will give it a read thanks.

Crusader Kings 2 is a grand strategy game. In this game you manage a dynasty during medieval era. You also manage the counties, duchies, kingdoms and empires your dynasty is holding at the moment. There is a lot of characters in game, even a small barony might have enough intrigue to keep you busy for days. DLCs needed are, Sword of Islam, Legacy of Rome and maybe Sunset Invasion, rest is cosmetic.

Sounds interesting, feeling more tempted to get it now, but will try the demo first.

I loved Jade empire and replayed it recently, IMO it has aged pretty well.

I really enjoyed the older Stronghold games too. For some reason I'm struggling to get into Stronghold 3 though. It just feels clunky.

I posted this earlier; The guy does a good job at explaining Stronghold's unique aspects: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVE8QXj5hrw

In my opinion are Stronghold 1 and Stronghold crusaders timeless classics. But I heard only bad things about the sequels, so I'm not sure if the collection is worth it.

Thanks for the info guys I'll read and watch vids of Stronghold.

ATM I'm in for Crusader Knights 1 and 2, will think about Jade Empire as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom