• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 4 - winter seal is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaneB

Meh, if you "used to go on there alot" then you'd know people constantly ban/kick regulars for shits n giggles. You were unbanned right away and nothing was meant by it.

He was trying to make a joke over the new avatar and not knowing who you are.

ehhhh. I used to go there a lot and I know the chat is very unwelcoming for anyone new. It's not something to recommend if anyone is expecting a nice warm welcome and a fun chat.

RE: Crusader Kings II

QdCKW.png

Derrick01

Banned
What that recommendation doesn't tell you about CK2 is that you'll spend hours just trying to figure out how to play and then succeed long enough for something as cool as that to happen.

But when you get it all down it's such an amazing game.

Derrick01

Banned
Which games are you guys hoping for to go on sale?

RPG Maker for $20 or less (lol)

That's the only game I'm really interested in and the only one I can spare money from my Vita game fund right now. Maybe Hitman for less than $20 but it won't go that low if recent disappointing Steam sales are any indication. It probably won't even hit $20 which is what is just hit on amazon.

Salsa

Half minute hero
Resonance
Unmechanical
Deadlight
Giana Sisters
Fly'n
Thomas was alone
To the moon
Earth Defense Force
Cladun x2
Retro city rampage
Snapshot
Primordia
Miasmata
Stealth bastard deluxe
Little inferno
Puddle
Cargo commander
Pid

basically a bunch of indie stuff that I didnt get at launch and got to the "might as well wait for winter sales" zone. Got too many AAA games at full price on release this year..

think i'll only have $20 or so but its aight

CK2 is more polished. It's set from roughly 1000 to 1400 while EU3 is set from roughly 1400 to 1800 (you can actually convert your CK2 save at the end of the game - if you manage that far - to a EU3 save and keep playing in EU3). The focus is far more on actual people, diplomacy and intrigue and less on military and economic stuff, so it's kind of unique in that way.

I think CK2 is a good entry point really, not least because the EU3 tutorials are terrible and CK2 has tooltips for everything and a far better GUI.

Thanks for that, I'm gonna try out the demo and see how that goes, it'll surely be in multiple sales this holidays so no rush in picking it up yet.

AlexBasch

I'll go for Far Cry franchise (about time I give those games a whirl), STALKER and Alan Wake. Maaaaybe Binary Domain.

Had like $20 bucks on the last sale and had a hard time deciding what to buy, not because of the lack of money but rather the "eh, nah" feeling when I had the games in the cart already.

Dribblenauts is already 33% off at Amazon, is such a new title likely to go to 50 or lower? Being outside the US I can't actually buy it through Steam anyway...

xJavonta

Banned
These.

You an I have similar taste, you even almost have the order down-- with the exception of AC3 which I already own.

XCOM pls. Pls pls.

Scribblenauts pls.

Nice lol, I'm usually in the minority here on gaf. I've been waiting for XCOM to hit $25 for a looong time now. Hoping this sale will be when it finally does hit that price point.

Also, I'd buy Scribblenauts at $15 in a heartbeat. Last time it was $20 I didn't have the money to spare for it :/
Dribblenauts is already 33% off at Amazon, is such a new title likely to go to 50 or lower? Being outside the US I can't actually buy it through Steam anyway...
Says $30 and out of stock for me.
gVIF5.png

Edit; doh, I'm stupid. That's the physical version.

Narag

Nice lol, I'm usually in the minority here on gaf. I've been waiting for XCOM to hit $25 for a looong time now. Hoping this sale will be when it finally does hit that price point.

Also, I'd buy Scribblenauts at $15 in a heartbeat. Last time it was $20 I didn't have the money to spare for it :/

I think XCOM actually hit $20 on gamefly with coupon when they ran their sales last week.

I'm mostly hoping for The Walking Dead at 75% off but I'm not holding my breath. I've got a better chance with that Amazon $5 credit thing and a half off sale. Then there's FTL and Thomas Was Alone, and maybe Still Alive. KOTOR II is a definite pickup too.

xJavonta

Banned
I'm mostly hoping for The Walking Dead at 75% off but I'm not holding my breath. I've got a better chance with that Amazon $5 credit thing and a half off sale. Then there's FTL and Thomas Was Alone, and maybe Still Alive. KOTOR II is a definite pickup too.

What Amazon $5 credit? Was there a promotion I missed?

Sober

Finished up Sleeping Dogs tonight. Really enjoyed it! Hope to grab the DLC during the sale.

Going to start Spec Ops tonight. Based on what everyone's been saying, it seems like setting it to easy to see the story is the way to go, yeah?
Just play it on normal. On easy, I'm sure it's almost impossible to die but you get to see some things when you die and reload that are more than just a simple loading screen or whatever.

Or you can just occasionally die, but that requires you to know when.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom