• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 4 - winter seal is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
It fixed it by itself somehow. I just followed the instructions in JaseC's link and added those Google DNSes. I tried both since IPv4 didn't fix it and must have forgotten to take it out. Should I remove the IPv6 DNS?

If it's working, nevermind. You don't really need IPv6 unless your ISP provides support for it though.

I usually disable the IP v6 interface entirely on the network adapter, but that's because I live in a country that IPv6 won't be enabled anytime soon.

Derrick01

Banned
It was a joke, given your love for Hitman Blood Money. Thought you would get it :/

Oh wow that went right over my head then. Are they level names or something? I barely pay attention to those and rely on descriptors like the new orleans level in Blood Money.

Miker

I'd love to see that, but since the game didn't even have a 50% sale yet, I wouldn't bet on it.

It was 50% off on Amazon one day during the Thanksgiving sale, and $20 from Gamefly a week or two back. I probably should've bought it at $20, but I'm hoping it'll be $20 on sale during January so I can use my Amazon credit on it to make it $15.

It was 50% off on Amazon one day during the Thanksgiving sale, and $20 from Gamefly a week or two back. I probably should've bought it at $20, but I'm hoping it'll be $20 on sale during January so I can use my Amazon credit on it to make it $15.

I'm hoping for the Amazon deal myself, but don't know if I can wait so long. :/ I just meant it didn't have a dedicated Steam 50% sale yet, so I doubt it'll go lower this winter sale.
Damn and I didn't buy it during the 21 something euro amazon deal 2 weeks ago -.-
Check this:
http://www.simplygames.com/info/19729/XCOM-Enemy-Unknown-CD-KEY-Download-PC
Makes it 16€. I'm thinking about buying this myself for the last few days.
I used the site to buy a Borderlands 2 key once and it went without problems. Should be fine. They're actually quite big in the UK.
They might not be an official Steam key reseller though.

If it's working, nevermind. You don't really need IPv6 unless your ISP provides support for it though.

I usually disable the IP v6 interface entirely on the network adapter, but that's because I live in a country that IPv6 won't be enabled anytime soon.

Ah, alright. I'm pretty clueless when it comes to any networking stuff :(

Check your hosts file and make sure www.steampowered.com isn't there.

It fixed itself, thanks anyway :)

edit: weirdest beatan.

Soooooooooooo I'm thinking of getting Stronghold Collection and Crusader Knights 1+2, but what genre are these games? RTS, Tower defense?

Crusader Kings 2 is a grand strategy game. In this game you manage a dynasty during medieval era. You also manage the counties, duchies, kingdoms and empires your dynasty is holding at the moment. There is a lot of characters in game, even a small barony might have enough intrigue to keep you busy for days. DLCs needed are, Sword of Islam, Legacy of Rome and maybe Sunset Invasion, rest is cosmetic.

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
Could someone invite me to the Neogaf steam group? My steam name is "BK_Lorenzo (Burger King)"

dani_dc

What are the chances of XCOM being around 70% off during winter seal?

Really unlikely. If you're in Europe you might be able to pick up a physical copy (game is Steamworks) for cheap. Both Amazon.co.uk and play.com have it for 12.99 pounds.

ShaneB

There is a Crusader Kings II demo for those wondering about it. I should check it out, play it for 5 minutes and enjoy the art style of the map which I really love, be really confused, and then delete it.

Narag

Magicka
Magicka Stars are Left DLC

Red Faction: Guerrilla

Darksiders, Red Faction: Armageddon, Metro 2033, Company of Heroes, Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts, and Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor #1
Darksiders, Red Faction: Armageddon, Metro 2033, Company of Heroes, Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts, and Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor #2

Red Faction: Armageddon Path to War DLC

Saints Row: The Third

Titan Quest #1
Titan Quest #2

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War #1
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War #2

Don't think this was ever redeemed either but no guarantees:
Humble Indie Bundle 3

iavi

Magicka
Magicka Stars are Left DLC

Red Faction: Guerrilla

Darksiders, Red Faction: Armageddon, Metro 2033, Company of Heroes, Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts, and Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor #1
Darksiders, Red Faction: Armageddon, Metro 2033, Company of Heroes, Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts, and Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor #2

Red Faction: Armageddon Path to War DLC

Saints Row: The Third

Titan Quest #1
Titan Quest #2

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War #1
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War #2

Don't think this was ever redeemed either but no guarantees:
Humble Indie Bundle 3

Grabbed SR3! Thanks!

HoosTrax

I can't figure out how the deal is with the Crusader Kings II Collection - does it only have like a third of all of the DLCs released up to this point?

erila

Neo Member
Same game looks interesting, but would like some impressions on it first.
Like-wise for Crusader Kings 2 and Stronghold franchise.

I loved Jade empire and replayed it recently, IMO it has aged pretty well.

I really enjoyed the older Stronghold games too. For some reason I'm struggling to get into Stronghold 3 though. It just feels clunky.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Oh wow that went right over my head then. Are they level names or something? I barely pay attention to those and rely on descriptors like the new orleans level in Blood Money.
Damn, it was a worse joke than I ever thought :(

Hitman = person that punches
Blood Money = cash that bleeds

As a comedian, I'd be a great car salesman.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Damn, it was a worse joke than I ever thought :(

Hitman = person that punches
Blood Money = cash that bleeds

As a comedian, I'd be a great car salesman.

Don't worry, no one got my Unplayable Garbage, Unstoppable Gorg, JaseC, Australian Ugg Boots joke from earlier, either.

Eventually you learn this thread is filled with fucking philistines.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Yup, nobody here likes our humor. Now you'll never get to hear my joke about Gaben, the drunk vortigaunt and the crazy companion cube. Your loss.

Any comments/recommendations regarding Last Remnant? <$4.00 is my impulse buy territory regardless of backlog, so as long as this thing is worth playing eventually it'll sit happily in my steam library til then.

I haven't played it, but I think it has to get credit for being a JRPG(ish) game by Square on Steam. Opinions seem mixed (incuding very good and very bad), but it's not a bad game in absolute terms.
It's also $3.50.

zkylon

zkylewd
Any comments/recommendations regarding Last Remnant? <$4.00 is my impulse buy territory regardless of backlog, so as long as this thing is worth playing eventually it'll sit happily in my steam library til then.
It's fine, but there's tons of better stuff out there.

If you have some PS2 JRPGs still left uplayed, then run those by your favorite emulator. If you ran out and are still desperate, then maybe try TLR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom