• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 4 - winter seal is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danj

It approaches. Are we ready? ARE WE READY?!

Yes we are. To Valve I have this to say:

get-on-with-it.png

I hope for some Spec Ops,Dark Souls some good indie games (Awesomenauts/Castlecrasher). After getting Far Cry 3 for cheap i have enough money to get more games.

Is the sale really starting tomorrow? I'm hoping for:

Mark of the Ninja
Half Minute Hero
Botanicula (maybe)
Pid (maybe)
Dustforce
Sine Mora
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare or Natural Selection 2 (only room for one more online game in my life)
Condemned
Skyrim Dawnguard DLC if over 50% off
Transformers: Fall of Cybertron if over 75% off

Either Far Cry 3, Black Ops 2, Assassins Creed 3 or Borderlands 2.

Probably a couple of other things i've missed.

Milamber

There's nothing concrete thus far but I'd wager Q2 at the earliest.

Thanks Jase.

Is the sale really starting tomorrow?

It was already confirmed by Crapcom & that pony developer. Take what you will.

Small question guys, I'm planning on buying some multiplayer titles to gift to my brothers (Chivalry!) and to save time I'm thinking I could just copy my steam apps folder of the games to their PC and their account.

So... are my steam apps folder account specific or do I have to wait for them to download the games?

Dingotech

Small question guys, I'm planning on buying some multiplayer titles to gift to my brothers (Chivalry!) and to save time I'm thinking I could just copy my steam apps folder of the games to their PC and their account.

So... are my steam apps folder account specific or do I have to wait for them to download the games?

Should be able to do that just fine.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Nope. Some older games (namely Valve's pre-L4D titles and the SiN games) reside in steamapps\[account name] rather than steamapps\common, but even so Steam will still detect the existing data and copy it to another account folder. In fewer words:

Should be able to do that just fine.

Tomodachi

Do we have a brand new amazon sale thread (I remember the mods saying it was allright to open another one if interesting offers continued to pop up after the tony-gate)? It's hard to keep track of them without a proper subscribable thread :(

Twinduct

I "added new address" with these details, but it still says "available to US customers only". Do I have to delete my other information, or is there a way to set it as default, or what?

Hmm. I've got my SA address as my '1 click' address .. but my US address is set as 'Number 1'

Have not clicked 'confirm' as I need to make susre I've got the funds, but yeah seems like I can check out with that

Hmm. I've got my SA address as my '1 click' address .. but my US address is set as 'Number 1'

Have not clicked 'confirm' as I need to make susre I've got the funds, but yeah seems like I can check out with that

I had the US address as both, wouldn't work.

Oh well, just nuked my old account details and ONLY have US address, will just delete that stuff when I'm done. Yikes.

Twinduct

I had the US address as both, wouldn't work.

Oh well, just nuked my old account details and ONLY have US address, will just delete that stuff when I'm done. Yikes.

lol ok goodluck though. Pm me if no luck achieved :p
Can buy it via my account, just need to add funds
[Strict Debt control ftw]

WISHLIST (or basically a bunch of games that spring immediately to mind)
Dead Space 1 & 2
Alice : Madness Returns
Anno 2070
Settlers VII
Skyrim DLC
Hotline Miami
Bastion
Limbo
Dead Rising 2
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Resident Evil 5

Hopefully, some good point and click adventures, and some indie games I've missed out on. It'll be my second Steam sale, and the first I've anticipated and got it on from the start. Still building my library of games (and creating one hell of a backlog in the process), so there's some stuff I want that I had on my PS3, but basically want to play in 1080p60fps. I'm still in the process of getting back into PC gaming, there's just so much I've missed out on since leaving it behind in the late 90's.

I have £50 in my wallet for the sale but I think it may get topped up again as I'm stock piling games.

Get the games I want and play them to the next sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom