• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 4 - winter seal is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recall

There needs to be a definitive list of games which run on very low specs and are worth a purchse. So I can keep my eye out for them during sale :D

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Heck, there are censored versions of almost all games, it doesn't surprise me a little.

What? That's not true at all. Most new games aren't really censored at all unless it has zombie slaughtering or VERY graphic violence.
DMC games have never been censored in Germany.

JaseC

I really really wish Dead Rising 2 got cheaper than Dead Rising 2 OTA. I want both, godammit!

Capcom's GMG pricing is weird, even for Capcom. The only game that's priced identically to Steam is RE: ORC at $50; the rest are more expensive:

Dead Rising 2:
$40 on GMG; $20 on Steam

Dead Rising 2: OTR:
$40 on GMG; $30 on Steam

Lost Planet 2:
$40 on GMG; $30 on Steam

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I really really wish Dead Rising 2 got cheaper than Dead Rising 2 OTA. I want both, godammit!

DR2: Off The Record is my white whale. I think it was discounted once in a flash sale during the summer sale, but that's it. I loved DR2 but $40 is too much for what is essentially an expansion pack.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
DR2: Off The Record is my white whale. I think it was discounted once in a flash sale during the summer sale, but that's it. I loved DR2 but $40 is too much for what is essentially an expansion pack.

DR2:OTR It was on sale for 7,50 on the summer sale, if I'm not mistaken. It never showed up as a daily deal, only flash deals (I'm not sure on that part). That's when I bought it.

DR2 regular was only discounted to 10 bucks on every sale prior and after that one. OTR as well.

Yep. Would definitely hurt things to get Lost Planet 2 on sale.

One of my favorite third-person shooters.
The competitive multiplayer and the last stage of the campaign are balls though.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
So my opinion of Bully kind of eroded the further into the game I got. I forgot how atrocious the old Rockstar save systems were, it makes retrying missions after a failure so irritating. Later missions have you riding your bike all over and it get's rather tedious when you have to repeat those basic steps. Some of the class ideas are hilariously stupid too. They just seem so tacked on and poorly thought out. The absurd fixation with timers further compounds that. It really fucks with the pacing of the game and I ended up hating it. There is so much wasted potential with the game that it's hard not to feel bitter.

Here's for hoping they make a Bully 2 without all those awful aspects.

Xanathus

Capcom's GMG pricing is weird, even for Capcom. The only game that's priced identically to Steam is RE: ORC at $50; the rest are more expensive:

Dead Rising 2:
$40 on GMG; $20 on Steam

Dead Rising 2: OTR:
$40 on GMG; $30 on Steam

Lost Planet 2:
$40 on GMG; $30 on Steam
Since they are all Steam keys, maybe when someone buys a key from GMG, they're actually just buying it from Steam and pocketing the difference.

JaseC

Since they are all Steam keys, maybe when someone buys a key from GMG, they're actually just buying it from Steam and pocketing the difference.

That's no need to deal with a middle man; if GMG wants Steam keys, it can just request them, as Amazon does.

morningbus

That's no need to deal with a middle man; if GMG wants Steam keys, it can just request them, as Amazon does.

To be a bit clearer: GMG asks Capcom for the Steam keys and, I believe, they are provided free of charge by Valve. I don't think Valve even takes their regular 30% cut from these keys, right?

If so, that makes Capcom pricing them higher on GMG even weirder and dickish.

Containment looks like a Day-Z tower defense game to me, with a bit of Borderlands 2 art going on.
If only you had to go back to an earlier place at some point in the game, we could call it a Metroidvania, too.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Just my thoughts, now the waiting game for good deals begin...

Just for clarification, when Steam doesn't sell a GFWL game in your region (which most of these Capcom games are) it is because Microsoft and GFWL refuse to acknowledge your country as a real place and the game may not work without proper GFWL login.

morningbus

Fuck, serves me right -- I didn't keep tabs on my tabs and consequently had my no idea my earlier purchase attempt timed out.

Thankfully I happened to purchase a number of WarZ gifts.

That will be $200.00, JaseC.

Edit: Fuck.
I was going to pull back from the metroidvania crap, Nabs. But the gloves are off now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom