• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 4 - winter seal is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milamber

In the USA, the daily deal rolls over at 1pm on the east coast and 10am on the west coast.

Thanks. And on that note...

k5BTa.jpg

1-D_FTW

Any chance Amalur goes on sale this time?

A chance? Sure. A good chance? Not likely. And this is a state government of the US. Convincing them that a 75 percent off sale would yield them 10X the revenue will probably never happen. They'll just see it as lost revenue that "nerds would have eventually paid anyway".

How well does Jade Empire hold up? I'm slightly tempted at £2.24, as I loved my time with the first Knights of the Old Republic game. Does it compare favourably to that at all?

erila

Neo Member
How well does Jade Empire hold up? I'm slightly tempted at £2.24, as I loved my time with the first Knights of the Old Republic game. Does it compare favourably to that at all?

I really enjoyed it the first time I played it. I re-bought it recently and it feels a little quirky these days but has held up pretty well IMO.

Tomodachi

Having skipped altogether the autumn sale I want to grab some stuff in the winter sale, which is usually pretty entertaining by itself with achievements, presents and so on. I will however give myself a limited budget (50€ I think), hoping that a situation like last summer sale won't happen again (budget of 50€ increased to 100€ in the end... of couse I haven't even started 3/4 of the games I bought and I somehow regret spending so much back then).

My wishlist is ready (60+ titles), my body is ready, my wallet is ready, my free time is ready (last exam of the year on the 21st). Bring it on Steam!

ShaneB

Think I've learned my lesson to avoid anything over 10$, heck, maybe even 5 dollars if I know I'm not going to play it any time soon. Been burned a few times now getting games for around 20 bucks and still not playing them. I bought Xcom for 20 bucks, but I'm playing that and loving it, so that definitely fits under 'money well spent'

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Lol, he's probably asking about the remake, not the original.
Oh you!

I don't get the hate for that game. I tried it at a friend's and liked it. The enhancements stuff seemed well done, and I digged the cyberpunk style. Still I can't convince myself to spend 5 bucks on it, though I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I feel like you're onto something.

As of this moment I'm still hovering over the "Purchase for myself" button.

From a collector point of view I can see where you're coming from, but is that a game you *really* want on your Steam list?

The most rational reason I can conjure beyond "I want it because I don't yet have it" is "for posterity".

The day has finally arrived.

The ready my body is.

Also I'm glad Steam fixed its mobile app, now I can buy from my phone on Costa Rica! great work!

JaseC

Looks like the Currency Bundles are what you get when you buy the game with the credits, check it out.

http://cdr.thebronasium.com/sub/apps/18658

At least the 7500 one nets you both, so you only have to be out $45. ^_^

That's strange, considering there are separate subs for the War Z + Currency bundles. Anyway, DLC that doesn't actually provide any additional content is DLC I can live without. ;)

JambiBum

Not as far as I can tell, but there are as-yet unreleased "currency bundles".

For all the stupidity behind the devs and the way they are acting (some of which I attribute towards their broken English, most of it is just stupid PR tactics though) the game is actually fun. Especially when you have friends to play with. The in game store currency isn't actually needed for anything important. It's just a convenience factor. You can either find the items over time or just buy them and have access to them right away (except guns and ammo, you have to find those). I thought about trying to answer some questions about it in the other threads as I've been playing it with friends for a while now but the other threads are pretty hostile towards the game so I don't really bother. There are some large issues with the dev team but the actual game is fun.

JaseC

No Gabe, wait one more day or two! I'm still poor!

The sale lasts ~two weeks and any Dailies/Flashes are practically guaranteed to repeat.

For all the stupidity behind the devs and the way they are acting (some of which I attribute towards their broken English, most of it is just stupid PR tactics though) the game is actually fun. Especially when you have friends to play with. The in game store currency isn't actually needed for anything important. It's just a convenience factor. You can either find the items over time or just buy them and have access to them right away (except guns and ammo, you have to find those). I thought about trying to answer some questions about it in the other threads as I've been playing it with friends for a while now but the other threads are pretty hostile towards the game so I don't really bother. There are some large issues with the dev team but the actual game is fun.

Even if I do purchase the game, there's a good chance I'll never actually play it. :p

JambiBum

The sale lasts ~two weeks and any Dailies/Flashes are practically guaranteed to repeat.

Even if I do purchase the game, there's a good chance I'll never actually play it. :p

And thus the blight of cheap steam games. I'm afraid of what this sale is going to do to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom