• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 4 - winter seal is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dungeon Defenders being in this bundle means we're going to have to put up with people complaining about its constant updates again.

Please people, do us a favor and just don't install it.

Why, have you heard something? It's weird that no one is talking about when the sale will start.

I'm starting to wonder if we'll even have one.

sarcasm?

uPlay is the best.

Click Far Cry 3 shortcut
uPlay starts
Click "go to game"
Far Cry 3 game page opens
Click "Play"
Far Cry 3 starts
I particularly like the in-game implementations, like when it couldn't connect to the service while I was playing Far Cry 3 and it would pause my game to make lengthy attempts every few moments. Or how it actually caused performance loss in Driver San Fransisco because so many people were on it due to a sale at the time that I had to block it with my firewall to get the game running properly.

Wok

I don't have Dungeon Defenders, but I do have Steam News on my RSS feed and remember the update spam. Never gonna install it if I get it.

Updates are fine as long as you don't have to download a whole 6 Go game every time there is an update.

Yeah, I uninstalled Dungeon Defenders as there was an update every day >.<

A friend of mine is a fan of DD and he did not even notice. My guess is he connects to Steam every fortnight and therefore skips 93% of the updates.

A friend of mine is a fan of DD and he did not even notice. My guess is he connects to Steam every fortnight and therefore skips 93% of the updates.

Decent enough game, with some nice ideas, but weekly updates would have done me just fine. Might reinstall it this Christmas.

me too, but because the game was bad rather than the updates. dunno why I loved the first half an hour with it so much but I hated it not long after.

Think I lucked out and found a group of players that weren't too hostile towards new players.

Wok

Indie Game The Movie can be streamed from the HIB key page.

And I like how paying $1 for the HIB is so advantageous:
  • you get Steam keys + DRM free downloads + soundtracks of good games,
  • and you can still increase your order amount to unlock the BTA games,
  • but you have already secured the BTA price: if the price increases with time, you can just beat the average of the time of the purchase,
  • and of course, you get every future boni.

But the second point is what I find interesting: it is like putting an option to beat the average. If the BTA price decreases by $1, you can beat the new average, otherwise you can increase your amount and beat the old average.

xJavonta

Banned

• you can still increase your order amount to unlock the BTA games,
  • but you secure the BTA price: if the price increases with time, you can just beat the average of the time of the purchase,

But the second point is what I find interesting: it is like putting an option to beat the average. If the BTA price decreases by $1, you can beat the new average, otherwise you can increase your amount and beat the old average.

Really? I had no idea it worked this way lol. I always feared that the average would go up so I always paid the BTA price up front when I could.

They could've picked a better item over Indie Game but oh well.

Have you seen it? It's pretty fucking good. This is my third time getting it and I couldn't be happier. As a matter of fact, I just bought it a fourth time to gift to someone.

• you can still increase your order amount to unlock the BTA games,
  • but you secure the BTA price: if the price increases with time, you can just beat the average of the time of the purchase,

We need to get an indie bundle derivative market going asap!

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

well it doesn't have all of the bit trip games, is what I mean.

Ability to activate keys as inventory items imminent!
Isn't the reason you can't do this is because they give the devs an unlimited number of keys? It would break the economy a tad if the dev could just trade away copies of his game for other games. I'd personally love it as it would cut down on the scammers trading bad keys.

Wok

Really? I had no idea it worked this way lol. I always feared that the average would go up so I always paid the BTA price up front when I could.

See for yourself:

The current price:
JpkAf.jpg

My first purchase for less than the average:
pJaUP.jpg

My second purchase for less than the average:
L9Oii.jpg

Santiako

I'll stop giving away keys in email tags because either lurkers can get them somehow or there are a lot of assholes that take them and say nothing.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I'll stop giving away keys in email tags because either lurkers can get them somehow or there are a lot of assholes that take them and say nothing.

I don't think there is any way to see them without being logged in, so it is definitely the latter.

Has Valve every mention anything about selling a branded PC controller?

Not explicitly, but it's coming. Valve has a patent for a controller already and it is one of the projects its new hardware lab is working on.

Patent:
imo52wMnKBNlI.png

(Form factor is a placeholder, as that's not what the patent was issued for.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom