• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 4 - winter seal is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be amazing if the equipped outfits resulted in new soundclips. Like Patrick Warburton doing all of the Heavy's lines. Or even brand new ones. Or a Scout that sound like 21 or 24. A man can dream.

Wish people would say when they take something.
The guys should just save the keys, search for a reliable person and start a lottery thread. The GAF bingo was amazing with Opiate and Metal Murphy.

So people wishing to donate keys should save them and maybe we could organize something.

The guys should just save the keys, search for a reliable person and start a lottery thread. The GAF bingo was amazing with Opiate and Metal Murphy.

So people wishing to donate keys should save them and maybe we could organize something.

If there's a bingo or something I can at least donate like 10 keys that I never had an opportunity to give away. Some of the games aren't even bad.

So what are we doing if there is no metagame this sale as well? Is there any interest in organizing a GAF Steam Sale Hunt like during the summer sale by Toma in particular? That was awesome.

So what are we doing if there is no metagame this sale as well? Is there any interest in organizing a GAF Steam Sale Hunt like during the summer sale by Toma in particular? That was awesome.

I'll be sad if there are no achievement hunts this year. It's the first time I have a more than capable PC and a lot of games I would otherwise never play.

Wish people would say when they take something.

I gave a few codes away recently, and it slightly irritated me that one of those codes went to someone who didn't bother to send me a follow-up message expressing thanks. It's something I always do, so when someone doesn't reciprocate, it just bugs me. I suppose there's no real way of ensuring that codes/gifts go to people who are genuinely appreciative, rather than to those who'll happily take without a simple thank you.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I gave a few codes away recently, and it slightly irritated me that one of those codes went to someone who didn't bother to send me a follow-up message expressing thanks. It's something I always do, so when someone doesn't reciprocate, it just bugs me. I suppose there's no real way of ensuring that codes/gifts go to people who are genuinely appreciative, rather to those who'll happily take without a simple thank you.

PMs and/or GAF Steamgifts are the only way to avoid jerks.

And you can't really avoid them like that either, but at least they cannot hide in the shadows.

If there's a bingo or something I can at least donate like 10 keys that I never had an opportunity to give away. Some of the games aren't even bad.
That would be great. Maybe we can set some things in motion.

Apart from Opiate, this guy Pupet Shadow, he was incredible. He did this lighting give aways of "first post on page XX gets this game." That was better than all of Valve's meta games put together.

I'll be sad if there are no achievement hunts this year. It's the first time I have a more than capable PC and a lot of games I would otherwise never play.
Same, the achievement hunts are my favourite thing about the sales. I'd be really disappointed if there wasn't one this Christmas.

Same, the achievement hunts are my favourite thing about the sales. I'd be really disappointed if there wasn't one this Christmas.

Me too. But Toma and The_Monk and a few other people helped make a real nice GAF-hunt this summer. It was awesome, but I think it took too much time for the people involved for it to be possible again :(

If you haven't seen it, check out the thread here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=482290&

Got all the achievements last time (as I'm sure many others did), and even though there was no end reward it was still a ton of fun. Made me experience a lot of games I wouldn't have otherwise played, and more importantly, given more time to great games I might not have otherwise.

mYE5O.png

I'm really hoping for some sort of metagame too, though I fear we would have heard something or seen games update if it was coming tomorrow.

I don't think there is any way to see them without being logged in, so it is definitely the latter.

Not explicitly, but it's coming. Valve has a patent for a controller already and it is one of the projects its new hardware lab is working on.

Patent:
imo52wMnKBNlI.png

(Form factor is a placeholder, as that's not what the patent was issued for.)

I hope they sell a wireless one...

Dongle me Valve!!

1-D_FTW

I think there were one or two games that updated with new achievements?

Who knows though. Could just be having fun.

Having said that, I was playing Hell Yeah yesterday (really enjoying it), and came across a Christmas present that was part of a Christmas achievement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom